PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Ishio
09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
So after my little hissy fit a few days ago due to my frustration of constant dying, I managed to get to 15 *now 14 after a three death loop in NK*

I have been hunting in WFP, the drowning citizens in the tunnels are proving to be good exp, and will head back there to get to 15, maybe if I still get 1 blue bubble per kill, stay till 16.

I am asking, where should I go at level 15/16 to find a solo pull camp of non-social mobs? I've asked around, and people tell me go to Oasis, or go to the Karana's. I've been to both, but it's too dangerous with using all my mana per kill.

Any suggestions? I also apologize for my behavior a few days ago.

Also, any suggestions for a magic upgrade weapon that I can obtain at my level via quest or NPC?

Messianic
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
So after my little hissy fit a few days ago due to my frustration of constant dying, I managed to get to 15 *now 14 after a three death loop in NK*

I have been hunting in WFP, the drowning citizens in the tunnels are proving to be good exp, and will head back there to get to 15, maybe if I still get 1 blue bubble per kill, stay till 16.

I am asking, where should I go at level 15/16 to find a solo pull camp of non-social mobs? I've asked around, and people tell me go to Oasis, or go to the Karana's. I've been to both, but it's too dangerous with using all my mana per kill.

Any suggestions? I also apologize for my behavior a few days ago.

Also, any suggestions for a magic upgrade weapon that I can obtain at my level via quest or NPC?

Class? Race?

Ishio
09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Class? Race?

Oops sorry, Wood Elf Druid.

hedbonker
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Don't you have harmony or lull type of thing? If so, then I would suggest dervs in Ro. If no lull etc. then the chessboard in BB. Easy single pulls. Leave the king alone tho - he nukes for 80.

fastboy21
09-29-2010, 11:28 AM
druid can solo anywhere really...

if you like grouping you can find a grp in unrest for good exp at that level in the yard...and stay doing various groups for some time.

you can also do oasis solo or grped at that level.

those are prob the two "big" zones for your lvl range.

Estu
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I dunno about quest or NPC, but you can buy a cold iron morning star in EC (or sometimes get one for free in Permafrost) for about 60pp. If you're careful about spending money and killing profitable monsters, you should be able to get that much fairly easily at your level while EXPing. I'm not sure that druids melee that often, though; my impression is once you hit 14 you should basically always be kiting.

Wizerud
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Unless i read it wrong I'm not understanding how you're using your full mana bar on every kill. Are you only killing yellows and reds? Are you not meleeing? Just curious as to how and what you're actually killing, especially in the Karanas where mobs are not known for high hp.

Ishio
09-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Unless i read it wrong I'm not understanding how you're using your full mana bar on every kill. Are you only killing yellows and reds? Are you not meleeing? Just curious as to how and what you're actually killing, especially in the Karanas where mobs are not known for high hp.

What I do is this:

Buff up, minus my 4 min Thorns. Med up to full, cast Thorns.

Then I pull a mob, root, fire DoT, magic DoT, and nuke once, then the mob breaks root due to nuke, and it's an HP match, is his lower than mine; melee, is mine lower than his; nuke the hell out of it.

Usually goes into the nuke the hell out of it, and I either escape with 2 hp or no mana. By then, I need to med up, and then repeat, my target thorns, doesn't last long at all, and without it, my fights aren't in my favor.

I've tried to kite, but I don't think my snare is good enough to, and I'm fighting some yellow *50% chance I die*, white's *25% I die* and dark blues *20% chance I die*

I didn't think I was playing badly or anything, but the mobs, I seem to run into social, or agro mobs, which is weird for a Druid, due to our natural good faction standing with animals.

Wizerud
09-29-2010, 12:48 PM
What level are the mobs you're pulling? Even cons, yellows, reds? Reason I ask is that in terms of efficiency low dark blues are the way to go. They'll resist spells less and do far less melée damage to you which results in much less downtime between fights and they are quicker to kill. I know the xp difference can be quite significant but in the long run you'll get more xp thru killing dark blues. All of the above applies to soloing obviously.

What weapon are you using? Are your offense and defense skills at or close to max?

Zxar
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
My suggestion would be to go kite gnolls in East Karana. They are all static spawns by their lonesome (except for the 3 by the ruin, which you can solo pull with harmony), and they don't have much hp so they go down pretty quickly. It is safe to med down by the water because nothing paths down there. Also they drop bronze weapons, so it's decent cash when you're starting off. Only thing you have to keep an eye for is the griffon that paths through there.

Also in regards to a weapon, though its not through a quest, should be able to pick up a Cold Iron Morning Star for pretty cheap.

Ishio
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
My suggestion would be to go kite gnolls in East Karana. They are all static spawns by their lonesome (except for the 3 by the ruin, which you can solo pull with harmony), and they don't have much hp so they go down pretty quickly. It is safe to med down by the water because nothing paths down there. Also they drop bronze weapons, so it's decent cash when you're starting off. Only thing you have to keep an eye for is the griffon that paths through there.

Also in regards to a weapon, though its not through a quest, should be able to pick up a Cold Iron Morning Star for pretty cheap.

Do you know a location on where these gnolls are? I'm not very familiar with the Karana's at all.

nickyboy1981
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
scarecrows in west? karana at the miller field are great exp at 16ish

nickyboy1981
09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
also some1 mentioned on here a while ago heart spider spawn near lguk zone line, i only read it at 19 so only got 1 level out of it but exp was easy and great.

fishingme
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
What I do is this:

Buff up, minus my 4 min Thorns. Med up to full, cast Thorns.

Then I pull a mob, root, fire DoT, magic DoT, and nuke once, then the mob breaks root due to nuke, and it's an HP match, is his lower than mine; melee, is mine lower than his; nuke the hell out of it.

Usually goes into the nuke the hell out of it, and I either escape with 2 hp or no mana. By then, I need to med up, and then repeat, my target thorns, doesn't last long at all, and without it, my fights aren't in my favor.

I've tried to kite, but I don't think my snare is good enough to, and I'm fighting some yellow *50% chance I die*, white's *25% I die* and dark blues *20% chance I die*

I didn't think I was playing badly or anything, but the mobs, I seem to run into social, or agro mobs, which is weird for a Druid, due to our natural good faction standing with animals.

My druid is a little lower level than you but I played one to 50 then to 60, but it seems like with what level you are to just not try to kite. Pull with a dot or a nuke then melee the heck out of it and cast the occasional nuke and dot if the thing is even con. If you time it right, you can heal yourself or nuke in between your melee swings and so far this has been working perfectly for me without wasting much mana.

yaeger
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Join a group in Oasis or Unrest. Exp is good, and you won't have to worry so much about dying with a tank and real dps.

Friday
09-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Crushbone / Befallen / Unrest. In that order. Go now and feel what +200% modifiers feel like.

Dont walk. Run.

Then oasis

Then High Keep (more +% modifer) until shit is light LIGHT blue.

Then Uguk.

Avoid the stupid outdoor zones at low level imo. XP modifiers are where its at.

Dantes
09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
1. Join a group.
2. Gain experience.
3. Profit.

Zxar
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Do you know a location on where these gnolls are? I'm not very familiar with the Karana's at all.

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/valygarvanburace/random/ekarana.jpg

Ishio
09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu34/valygarvanburace/random/ekarana.jpg

Thank you so much for this.

I've tried to group and a few times I've gotten right in, but as a druid, not many people want me. Especially since there are quite a lot of druids out there.

Should I go back to Crushbone until I hit level ??? and then go to Befallen?

I love to group, don't get me wrong, it's just very difficult to find a group, or even start one, since I'm not very familiar with the zones.

Bubbles
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
also remember you can "duo" with just about any melee or petcaster class. Even if you think it's a little less xp per hour than you might get solo, the added safety net and ability to interact with another human being makes it worlds more bearable and allows you to grind longer.

Estu
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
+200% modifiers

This is super-wrong. Devs have stated multiple times that there are positive zone experience modifiers for places like Crushbone and Unrest and whatnot, but nothing near +200% (3x exp gain), or even +100% (2x exp gain). Those huge ZEM figures are from PEQ, not P99.

Ishio
09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
also remember you can "duo" with just about any melee or petcaster class. Even if you think it's a little less xp per hour than you might get solo, the added safety net and ability to interact with another human being makes it worlds more bearable and allows you to grind longer.

While I totally agree, the only people I see LFG aren't the type I really can duo with. Especially tanks, because my heals *which are Light Healing until 19 when I get Healing* aren't up to par to keep people alive.

Bubbles
09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
While I totally agree, the only people I see LFG aren't the type I really can duo with. Especially tanks, because my heals *which are Light Healing until 19 when I get Healing* aren't up to par to keep people alive.

Well, use a different measuring stick. You only need to kill mobs twice as fast as normal in order to reap the benefits of duoing. No, you won't be able to chain pull, but with thorns and heals you can make a world of difference... With tanks,as long as they have bandages to bind with, you would only need to be healing post fight after they are back up to 50%, anyways.

Just for fun, give me a single class in which you "can't duo with", I'd find it enlightening :)

Bubbles
09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Here's the rundown:

Wizard - snare and play mob ping pong, use harmony to split camps.
Enchanter - Heal the enchanter, thorn/heal their pet, etc
Magician - heal pet, use harmony to break camps.
Necromancer - Find one of these you can stand who plays your hours, can ding to 50 practically afk.

Shaman - they really love snare and harmony, it makes them happy. a perfect DOT partner.
Cleric - Snare + play mob ping pong, really fun for undead

Warrior/monk/rogue/ranger/sk/pal - Thorn them, heal them.

Bard - OK so there is one class you can't help much. .charge them 5pp for a sow so they can use more songs when kiting. /shrug.

Oh and the smart ones will be willing to /friend you early for when you are 29+ and actually useful.

Auvdar
09-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Get a single pull, non caster mob. Snare it to start, DoT (should have Flame Lick + your first swarm by now. Make sure you have a fire beetle eye), run a distance, sit and med until it gets close. Stand up, run further, sit and med. Do this untill it's like 50% or less, nuke till dead.

I wouldn't even bother rooting it to be honest. Once your lvl 14/15, druids can kite very efficiently. Just make sure you have the room. I mean really, after 15 there is almost zero reason a druid should be meleeing unless the mob is A: Running or B: You went in with low mana and need to melee to finish it.

Uthgaard
09-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Necromancer - Find one of these you can stand

ROFL

Ishio
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Here's the rundown:

Wizard - snare and play mob ping pong, use harmony to split camps.
Enchanter - Heal the enchanter, thorn/heal their pet, etc
Magician - heal pet, use harmony to break camps.
Necromancer - Find one of these you can stand who plays your hours, can ding to 50 practically afk.

Shaman - they really love snare and harmony, it makes them happy. a perfect DOT partner.
Cleric - Snare + play mob ping pong, really fun for undead

Warrior/monk/rogue/ranger/sk/pal - Thorn them, heal them.

Bard - OK so there is one class you can't help much. .charge them 5pp for a sow so they can use more songs when kiting. /shrug.

Oh and the smart ones will be willing to /friend you early for when you are 29+ and actually useful.

I just hit level 15, so I will be trying most of all of this.

Messianic
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM

I find it amusing that Inner Fire for shamans still has a better mana/healing ratio than Light Healing...

Messianic
09-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I just hit level 15, so I will be trying most of all of this.

Once you're 23-24ish, root-rot Crag spiders in EK. Good xp, the silks can be sold, it's a zone to which you can gate yourself (which I believe you get at 24).

Messianic
09-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Suggestion: Think outside the bun

I went to 5-guys last Saturday. So awesome. I didn't think outside the bun and I didn't care.

Ishio
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Once you're 23-24ish, root-rot Crag spiders in EK. Good xp, the silks can be sold, it's a zone to which you can gate yourself (which I believe you get at 24).

This was suggested to me by a guildie. I was told at 16, I'm currently killing Drowning Citizen's in WFP still, good exp still, 3/4 a blue bar per kill, and I can kill two at a time, now with the two dot melee option suggested.

I was told NK, and SK/EK.

KilyenaMage
09-30-2010, 06:14 PM
My suggestion....and I didnt this from about lvl 12-26 with my Mage...would be to solo about 50% of each level, then join a group. If it's a shitty group, leave when you ding. if it's a good group, stay for the first 25-50% of the next level.

Then go solo again to finish that level off. As a druid, Oasis is probably your best bet for doing this. It breaks up the monotony of soloing a lot.