PDA

View Full Version : Draco clarification: CT dies before an already engaged and being killed Draco?

Erati
03-02-2015, 03:44 PM
FFA Draco always spawns with CT and doesnt 'update' the Class cycle if it dies BEFORE CT. This works fine.

However.

Should CT die before an actively engaged and dieing Draco does, are guilds expected to then honor the listed Class of Draco in the middle of a fight?

Namely would the Draco still be considered FFA regardless of his listed tier until a new FTE message is established or does he change status mid engage?

We had to abort two Draco engages due to CT dieing mid draco fight, and just had to cap/take a wipe to avoid risking breaking any rules. (one draco was at 6% other at 15%, for some reason people that fight CT and get low hp seems to pull draco from across the zone and NOTHING will get him to turn back ) Players even tried to dump 5 mallet charges into the 6% draco, he still kept running towards the low hp guy fighting CT, over and over and over across the zone, we were killing draco at west wall and another guild was killing CT at spawn point, NE near the clock.

This may be another bug in terms of the mechanics of CT in that draco will go after any low hp people on CT's aggro list regardless of the distance between the two mobs. I dont recall CT's mechanic overwriting basic aggro mechanics, especially when a raid force is currently beating the dragon down and doing plenty of aggro to keep it in camp. This is another issue for a bug post.....I digress.

Would it be ok to finish an engage/FTE that started before CT dies without any worry about status changes ?

This reminds me of similar parallel with BDA's bump to Class C bc they got FTE on a Talendor 6 seconds ( ? ) too early. They killed Talendor after 6 hour FFA timer had expired however they ENGAGED Talendor inside the 6 hours which was used to bump them to Class C.

Using that ruling and metric, having Draco engaged BEFORE CT dies is all that should matter so long as there is no new FTE bc of the guild wiping to draco.

Would love a comment and clarification on this wrinkle which is always an issue in terms of planning.

PS: Can Taken get an update on our Raid Discussion Roster?

Please remove Catherin (-Catherin-) and add Fingon as an officer of Taken

His handle is williestargell

http://www.project1999.com/forums/member.php?u=12298

Erati
03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I can tell no one really has a good answer for this....

However if we use the precedent observed in BDA v Class C Talendor, then Draco's most recent FTE message and the time the FTE was obtained ( whether it was before CT death or not ) should be all that matters in terms of determining what 'Class' Draco falls into regardless how long after CT dies that it takes to kill Draco

If all the guilds agree that this makes sense it should be adopted as a standard operating procedure.

Here is a hypothetical example:

The raid page lists CT and Draco as Class C.

Taken gets FTE on draco and pulls it into camp.

TMO engages CT and kills CT.

Draco is still on the prowl ( most likely in a kite :p ) however his aggro has never fully reset to produce another FTE message, Taken's FTE is still active.

Taken kills Draco that was listed as Class C and subsequently gets listed on the raid page as a Class C guild however because of the 'Draco Clause" Taken's Class C status is null and void and they are removed from the Class C list due to ced "Draco Clause"

just an idea how it works practically, and I hate that it would require additional leg work in situations like I listed.

Anyone else's thoughts?

jpetrick
03-04-2015, 03:05 AM
I personally like that TMO has been killing CT faster than you have been able to kill draco. I wouldn't change a thing.

Erati
03-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I personally like that TMO has been killing CT faster than you have been able to kill draco. I wouldn't change a thing.

this isnt actually true as the problem is his leashing with CT's script in that he will refuse to stay engaged even when at stupid low health like 5% after having an entire raid beat on him

but appreciate the trollish response in our wonderful raid discussion forum.

Hopefully something like this never affects Indignation causing you look back and wish you had added something constructive to this discussion

Also I am not asking for anything to be 'changed' just a clarification of the scenario I depicted.

Striiker
03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
It's unfortunate to see that in a forum where we are trying to address questions and seek clarity, Indignation steps up to contribute nothing of substance. All this shows is the caliber of Indignation's leadership and also reflects poorly upon their guild. In the future you may wish to copy and paste such things into the forum which was created for such childishness (RnF). I refer you to THIS (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133466) rule thread posted in this forum.

The downside of the server is the lack of clearly defined policies and the difficulty in obtaining clarification around the areas of uncertainty. I've run into this problem many times in the past and have also seen many others get silence in response to sincere attempts to seek guidance. The only option really is to be overly conservative in interpreting what rules and policies there are and hope for an eventual response. In this particular instance, we have opted to wipe / evac as we strive to be compliant with server policies as best we can interpret them.

jpetrick
03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
This has always been officer RnF. Get off your high horse.

Rogean
03-04-2015, 02:17 PM
The downside of the server is the lack of clearly defined policies and the difficulty in obtaining clarification around the areas of uncertainty.

There is nothing difficult except your reading comprehension here.

Dracoliche spawning with Cazic Thle (including full server respawns) will be considered an FFA non-cycled spawn, unless Cazic is killed first.

This says nothing about engage time. It says KILLED. Your answer is right in front of you.

And if you need an explanation for why this is, not that I should need to provide it, but that is how our system is designed for this situation. Cazic calls for help from every mob in the zone, including Draco, which hinders a guild trying to kill CT. Therefor, Draco is an FFA Mob. Our code looks for CT being alive at draco's death, and proceeds differently based on that situation.

If there is a unique situation where a guild engaged Draco before a different guild Engaged AND killed CT, and it caused a class violation (or promotion), petition and we will handle it on a case by case basis.

Erati
03-04-2015, 02:29 PM
perfect thats what we were looking for thank you Rogean

arsenalpow
03-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Nice. Thanks for the clarification Lord Rogean.