PDA

View Full Version : Brownie Outcasts of LFay

KelticKope
02-26-2015, 04:10 AM
Does anyone know is anything has changed with the Brownie outcast spawns in Lfay?

I used to hunt 2 spawns around the pixie tower in the northwest end of the zone. They were regular and spawned maybe every 15 min.

Now I am a ranger with nearly maxed tracking and it reaches more then halfway through the zone. I patrolled west to east, dead center of the zone for for 2 hours and found no more outcasts or thistle...

Is there something I'm missing? Do they only spawn during certain hours? I saw the patch notes that gave Thistle more spawn points, but I cant find anything about the Brownie outcast.

Any knowledge you savants of P1999 could drop on me would be greatly appreciated

skitterburst
02-26-2015, 05:13 AM
savants

lol

Whirled
02-26-2015, 07:20 AM
Were u @ #3 on map?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Lesser_Faydark

Kill the 2 front ones in grass out in front of tower (not inside)
http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Brownie_Outcast
^ wiki loc puts him by tower- so maybe kill the PH's?

Swish
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
clearing those pixies can spawn a brownie sometimes but I'm not sure if its an outcast or not.

KelticKope
02-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Yeah i was searching for them outside the tower. Wiki has them where i remember them being, but there was nothing. As far as place holders, i know there never used to be, they were just on a timer.

cor3nth
02-26-2015, 12:05 PM
I collected all the arrows for the Ivy Etched quest during this current patch. Clear out the pixies near the #3 on the EQ atlas map on the p1999 wiki that Whirled posted. The outcasts share static spawns with two of pixie spawns outside the tower. You will discover after a few quick 6.5 min respawn cycles what two pixies are the PH's for the Outcasts.

Swish
02-26-2015, 12:16 PM
If you run a line between the brownie village and pixie tower you'll see a few extra pixies about - kill them all, wait 6 mins(?) for respawns.

Hastley
02-26-2015, 01:08 PM
If you run a line between the brownie village and pixie tower you'll see a few extra pixies about - kill them all, wait 6 mins(?) for respawns.

this

Biopimp
02-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Just did this myself recently. There are 2 pixie jongulars (spelling) that are placeholders for the outcasts. They do not roam and stand near the tower. Careful the faction hits on those are bad with druids and Qeynos.

KelticKope
02-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you for all the responses.

I know what to do now. The last time i did this was a year and a half ago, and there were no jongulers (i noticed them as i was searching, they are new, but didnt think twice about it.). But there were no PHolders back then.

On another note, seems a bit ridiculous the EQ developers came up with the concept to trash faction with the faeries(and now the druids too!!?), to complete these ivy etched armor quests. Especially when to obtain rain caller you need the aid of this very faery faction. Will trashing it prevent raincaller questing later?

Biopimp
02-26-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't know if pixie faction is needed. Fairy faction is needed for sure though.

KelticKope
02-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Lol and in order to spawn Thistle you gotta kill a faerie maiden. Lol, they really nailed the pricples of the ranger quest with this questline.

All said and done, still love this gimped class, still love this old ass game.

cor3nth
02-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Thank you for all the responses.

I know what to do now. The last time i did this was a year and a half ago, and there were no jongulers (i noticed them as i was searching, they are new, but didnt think twice about it.). But there were no PHolders back then.

On another note, seems a bit ridiculous the EQ developers came up with the concept to trash faction with the faeries(and now the druids too!!?), to complete these ivy etched armor quests. Especially when to obtain rain caller you need the aid of this very faery faction. Will trashing it prevent raincaller questing later?

Just buy an MQ for it, seems to be the way to go here... :p

KelticKope
02-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Lol that's no option, Im the poorest of the poor.

But again, thank you all for the help

Biopimp
02-26-2015, 08:10 PM
What I did was charm the placeholders and had them attack the other outcast. When the placeholders die, they do not give a faction hit as long as they are still charmed. Find a chanter or bard to help you.