PDA

View Full Version : So, about this recent Jacinth shortage...

TheFishyOne
02-24-2015, 09:29 PM
...I mean, what's the deal? Are people hoarding for Velious? Some dickwipe buying them all up? Drop rates nerfed into the ground?

This is some Grade A Ogre B.O., 'cause it STINKS!

Ele
02-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Jacinth has always been a high demand, low supply gem.

TheFishyOne
02-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Yeah, but 3 weeks ago, I had no problem getting enough to fill a cultural order in 3-4 days, tops, while paying 400p/per.

Now, I've been trying to fill an order for over a week, and have got a paltry 3 gems, while offering 500p/per. People I've talked to in tunnel have noticed it, too. One dude wanted 600 for one, and said the price was because he was feeling generous, and usually charged 800p!

In hindsight, I'm wondering if a large number of Jacinths were on the accounts that were recently banned.

BlkCamel
02-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah, but 3 weeks ago, I had no problem getting enough to fill a cultural order in 3-4 days, tops, while paying 400p/per.

Now, I've been trying to fill an order for over a week, and have got a paltry 3 gems, while offering 500p/per. People I've talked to in tunnel have noticed it, too. One dude wanted 600 for one, and said the price was because he was feeling generous, and usually charged 800p!

In hindsight, I'm wondering if a large number of Jacinths were on the accounts that were recently banned.

Alot of people don't know Jacinth have value to tradeskillers and sell them to merchants. I would check merchants at druid rings/near city entrances anywhere people might be unloading.

myriverse
02-25-2015, 08:08 AM
I've seen no change in the Jacinth drop rate.

maskedmelon
02-25-2015, 10:46 AM
It is entirely possible that there has been a market surplus until recently, which has subsidized tradeskillers, but is now exhausted leaving excess demand which has driven the price up ^^ Or could just be some jerk buying them all to encourage inflation ^^ what happens in Velious that would make them more valuable?

Ele
02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
It is entirely possible that there has been a market surplus until recently, which has subsidized tradeskillers, but is now exhausted leaving excess demand which has driven the price up ^^ Or could just be some jerk buying them all to encourage inflation ^^ what happens in Velious that would make them more valuable?

Mix with Velium Bar to get a +14 MR ring over the currently available +13 MR ring! Totally Game Breaking.

The gem component to cultural armors goes away in Velious, so if anything they will have fewer uses.

-TK-
02-25-2015, 11:30 AM
I heard Jacinth wedding rings were dropping at the royals camp in solb the other day. Sounds like you missed out. ;)

Swish
02-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Did sell a few a month or so back and they went very quickly. Someone is hoarding, good luck to em :)

Freakish
02-25-2015, 11:53 AM
I have about 30, just in case guildmates need rings.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Everyone is looking for an angle. Cornering a market is a really basic idea, but hard to do. But look at it this way, the brokers buying up all resist gems are likely also in the same guilds that require that all apps have full set of resist gear.

I am sure these same guilds/brokers are also trying to figure out some way they can rationally justify that all apps have a fungi tunic, for the same purely speculative reasons. They got the plats to corner that market, and keep that price of admission to the golden loots high.

Gatekeepers and market-schemers. A fully mature eq server at its finest.

Myself, just *try* to find a bixie wing in ec. You can't. Unless I am on. I own them all, and I have trackers in every zone killing every bixie that spawns.

Chardok 2.0, which will come out sometime around 2019, requires a bixie wing for one of its quests. I got this shit on lockdown, baby. Plats, come to papa.

PDX0621
02-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Alot of people don't know Jacinth have value to tradeskillers and sell them to merchants. I would check merchants at druid rings/near city entrances anywhere people might be unloading.

^^^This. I for one didn't know. I never knew they were used for anything, and just vendored them like anything else. I'll start hanging on to em.

myriverse
02-25-2015, 12:21 PM
What BlkCamel said, as well. Just last week I saw 2 Jacinth on a merchant in Cab.

Bill Tetley
02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
sounds like I need to increase my jacinth price!

shameless plug! http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164617

Waedawen
02-25-2015, 07:01 PM
jacinths are the bastard children of the quality gems

a lot of people vendor them rather than hold on to them for tradeskillers. diamonds, blue diamonds, and black sapphires all are renowned for what they do. The average player doesn't have much demand for MR rings or know that they are used for cultural armor in the first place

Dabeach
02-26-2015, 03:49 AM
The average player doesn't have much demand for MR rings or know that they are used for cultural armor in the first place

Now they do :) 800pp was fair price per MR Ring, if Jacinths are now 600pp+ then the rings are going up in price also, 1kpp odd or so :)

azeth
02-26-2015, 07:51 AM
Now they do :) 800pp was fair price per MR Ring, if Jacinths are now 600pp+ then the rings are going up in price also, 1kpp odd or so :)

My 250 jc will continue selling them for 800p

/tell azeth, kashi or akmenhotep

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
My 250 jc will continue selling them for 800p

/tell azeth, kashi or akmenhotep

Someone bought low....

August
02-27-2015, 01:39 PM
The JC market got oversaturated quickly. Dabeach, Xaleban, not to mention all the "Buying 1k and up item" resellers that have popped up and keep a full set of gear on them trying to flip it for a couple hundred pp.

Some people might get upset, and start buying up all the gems. Some people, I don't know who, might have over 400 jacinth on them.

Some people.