PDA

View Full Version : Server rules and keyboard programming?

collards
02-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Hi there,

Do the server rules allow for you to have a keyboard that allows for turbo functionality? I.e. if I wanted to level up sense heading can I have my keyboard just spam it, or is this illegal in the same way macro quest is illegal.

Plaxico Burress
02-24-2015, 11:00 AM
bind it to left or right like the rest of the reasonable people do.

No need to turbo mode a game that won't let you do it anyway.

* If you're taking about unattended macroing I haven't been here long enough to say but I'd wager 10 bucks donation to the server that you're asking for a banhammer.

myriverse
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1559049&postcount=8

TLDR: If it's playing the game for you, then bannable.

maskedmelon
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Or place a weight on the key and go to sleep ^^

Rararboker
02-24-2015, 11:50 AM
No reason to do that like PLaxico said. If you bind to left and right keys you generally have max lvl sense heading before you hit lvl 12-14. And that is well before you need to make long trips away from home.

Taminy
02-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Is it against the rules to tape a key down?

Foggon
02-25-2015, 03:23 AM
"level up sense heading"

loramin
02-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Is it against the rules to tape a key down?

Technically I don't think so, because technically I don't think tape counts as a "third-party program":

4.3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule.

That being said there used to be a rule against AFK-playing, and I strongly suspect that if you managed to tape your keys in a way that let you AFK play and the GMs noticed you'd get banned.

"But really Sirken I was using tape not a third-party program" probably won't help :).

Lune
02-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Taping keys / macro keyboards and other mechanical methods were ruled legal in the landmark case of Forceful Entry vs. Sirken (2013)

Autofire programs however were ruled illegal in The People vs. Catherine (2014)

maskedmelon
02-25-2015, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't think you would get banned for something like that, because the returns are so small and it is a real world solution.

Now letting your pet run wild to do for you while FD and AFK is a radically different situation and while not enabled by anything other than the game itself, it is a detriment to the community no matter how small. There really is no detriment to the community from this other then a few less /ooc loc/direction inquiries once it is maxed.

It is also something that can be done anytime while logged in, whereas something like swimming requires spending time in a zone with water, which is why the numlock in a corner with an eb item method was nerfed (understandably).

loramin
02-25-2015, 03:49 PM
whereas something like swimming requires spending time in a zone with water, which is why the numlock in a corner with an eb item method was nerfed (understandably).

I never knew this was prohibited; numlock swimming (even without an EB item) is as classic as it gets.