PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how you do Ragefire...

Samhain
02-21-2015, 12:13 AM
On blue. I heard multiple guilds sit around in the lair and wait for him to pop and argue over FTE. Here is how Everquest was meant to be played and what First to Engage really means...

http://youtu.be/UjEEB_uarDQ

Gimp
02-21-2015, 12:15 AM
oh look, our daily come play red thread.

this was sorely missed.

Thulack
02-21-2015, 12:18 AM
If someone attacked me while i was killing a mob i'd be mad. I want loot. i dont want to kill someone thats not gonna drop anything :P

Samhain
02-21-2015, 12:29 AM
If someone attacked me while i was killing a mob i'd be mad. I want loot. i dont want to kill someone thats not gonna drop anything :P

Someone needs to watch... no spoilers for the ending ;)

silo32
02-21-2015, 12:32 AM
your guild on red is comprised of 80% of the server

how is that any different than blue?

the 20 real pvpers on the server stopping you from xping?

Samhain
02-21-2015, 12:38 AM
your guild on red is comprised of 80% of the server

I am sure the army of "Fresh" new players leveling in every dungeon tonight would beg to differ about this meme.

Locust
02-21-2015, 12:48 AM
i usually find red posts annoying but that video was awesome

Zereh
02-21-2015, 12:55 AM
Why is everyone so calm in Vent/TS?? I don't hear nearly enough raging. Obv fake.

Doil_Boil
02-21-2015, 12:57 AM
At 4:33 someone asks in /ooc: "new to the server but normal for Holocaust to be killed over and over?". I laughed.

Also do some of these a non-cleric perspective please.

sulpher01
02-21-2015, 01:15 AM

Foggon
02-21-2015, 01:24 AM
I don't know.. The training looks fun (/grin), but it doesn't feel like the right game for Pvp...

Either I can choose to be the high school bully and get my kicks by winning everything and fuel myself with the crushed hopes and dreams of smaller/newer guilds...

Or choose to be the bullied and just get face wrecked every time I try to complete a piece of quest for my epic.

Now.. On Blue if a guild leader could challenge another guild leader to a guild duel.. Maybe over a mob that is going to turn FFA at a known time or things of that nature.. That could be a little spicy. Atleast it would be optional and up for debate type stuff, so my raid of 15 trying to do a skilled engage doesn't have to get steamrolled by Alpha-X with their 60 people prime time killaz.

Clark
02-21-2015, 02:13 AM
oh look, our daily come play red thread.

this was sorely missed.

Messie
02-21-2015, 03:50 AM
i just don't think PVP in this game will ever be entertaining to me. It looks so slow and clunky...I watched this entire video and your last video in order to see what all the Red fuss is about but I just don't see it!

Thulack
02-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Someone needs to watch... no spoilers for the ending ;)

i watched the video. It took you 10 mins longer to kill ragefire then it should have and you got nothing extra other then ragefire loot. Just proves PvP is literally a waste of time in EQ.

Formshifter
02-21-2015, 12:21 PM
lol holofags trying to show how its meant to be played?

i dont think any target was intended to be zerged followed by a mass plug to avoid pvp

Cecily
02-21-2015, 01:10 PM
i watched the video. It took you 10 mins longer to kill ragefire then it should have and you got nothing extra other then ragefire loot. Just proves PvP is literally a waste of time in EQ.

In their defense, EQ is nothing but a waste of time. They, on the other hand, have something else fun to do besides killing dragons.

Moodie
02-21-2015, 01:21 PM
I get it you want to show off your BiS toon that took a month to get, but if red is thriving why do people constantly keep begging for others to play.

moss_snake_shadowknight
02-21-2015, 01:24 PM
There's always room for more players (on both servers)

Cecily
02-21-2015, 01:24 PM
High pop PvE sucks. Low pop PvP sucks. We have the worst of both worlds on both servers. Competition over resources is fun if you can fight for them. Silly if you can't. Silly if there's no competition.

I'm from Bertoxx and that was one of the more overpopulated blue servers on live. My dad made fun of me for picking from the top of the list. Keeping that in mind, I chose 5 servers down out of like 7 on Lineage 2 and got a lower pop PvP server. It sucked in the opposite way that Bertoxx did.

moss_snake_shadowknight
02-21-2015, 01:26 PM
High pop PvE sucks. Low pop PvP sucks. We have the worst of both worlds on both servers. Competition over resources is fun if you can fight for them. Silly if you can't. Silly if there's no competition.

Lune
02-21-2015, 02:08 PM
I can be a serious player on red while clicking my spells and keyboard turning? nice

Gotze
02-21-2015, 02:30 PM
I am sure the army of "Fresh" new players leveling in every dungeon tonight would beg to differ about this meme.

I really hope you are seriously not comparing Holo to Fresh lmfao

Colgate
02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Why is everyone so calm in Vent/TS?? I don't hear nearly enough raging. Obv fake.

no strydur/rallyd types allowed

Samhain
02-21-2015, 03:05 PM
I get it you want to show off your BiS toon that took a month to get, but if red is thriving why do people constantly keep begging for others to play.

I played hardcore on blue a while back for over a year. I too would roll my eyes and mock red players posting in the blue forums. I didn't think I would like PVP. Now I cannot imagine Everquest without it.

I look at the blue raid scene now and I don't understand how people can play that. The views are flipped. On red, we actually have the opportunity to conquer the content with a great group of skilled players with no waiting on some legal system requiring FTE and rotation lawyers. The bonus is that there is more added to the game by human players that scripted content will never be able to match.

Cecily
02-21-2015, 03:11 PM
There's a good chance players will be biased towards whatever they are investing time into at the moment.

Thulack
02-21-2015, 03:18 PM
I played hardcore on blue a while back for over a year. I too would roll my eyes and mock red players posting in the blue forums. I didn't think I would like PVP. Now I cannot imagine Everquest without it.

I look at the blue raid scene now and I don't understand how people can play that. The views are flipped. On red, we actually have the opportunity to conquer the content with a great group of skilled players with no waiting on some legal system requiring FTE and rotation lawyers. The bonus is that there is more added to the game by human players that scripted content will never be able to match.

PvP has no point in EQ. Why not play PvP in a game that actually has a ranking system or something along those lines. EQ wasnt founded on PvP and never was ment to be a PvP game. They came out with what 3 PvP servers that ended up becoming 1 in the long run. PvP in EQ is not and has never been balanced.

Erati
02-21-2015, 03:21 PM

this is how I felt about EQ2 PvP server, I tried it and could never imagine NOT killing other players or being constantly worried about stealth archers sniping my cloth ass as I roamed around

it was a shit ton of fun and I relished the moment to kill anyone, even Chinese farmers that were boxing 4-5 characters who would never even fight back and constantly just beeline back to their gold farming spots ( tho a few did fight back hehe )

however.

That was EQ2, a much more sophisticated game in terms of class mechanics and abilities, the PvP took skill bc there were so many spec choices / the Freeport vs Qeynos dynamic of differing classes and all around much less clunky RnG PvP

I couldn't wait to watch this video in hopes that the fight would center around Ragefire that was spawned and people were contesting

instead I saw a couple guerilla forces popping in, sniping at people at bit, then an uncontested Ragefire much like blue with LDC training yourself included

not very impressive.

Samhain
02-21-2015, 03:28 PM
PvP has no point in EQ.

That's like, just, your opinion man. And it's completely wrong.

Why not play on your own, private EMU and hack yourself all BiS items? Because you want to be in a world with other people to work with, rank yourself against, and compete with. Any multiplayer game be it Everquest, Monopoly, or poker... the other players are what make the game. Player versus player is the root of all gaming.

Why not play PvP in a game that actually has a ranking system or something along those lines.
http://r99pvp.com/

EQ wasnt founded on PvP and never was ment to be a PvP game. They came out with what 3 PvP servers that ended up becoming 1 in the long run. PvP in EQ is not and has never been balanced.
And out of how many original Blue servers ended up becoming combined over the years? Some might consider my class, cleric, the least balanced PVP class. But just as in PVE we were never intended to tank or dps... we are intended to be impact players from our support role. The same is true in Everquest PVP.

Samhain
02-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I couldn't wait to watch this video in hopes that the fight would center around Ragefire that was spawned and people were contesting

instead I saw a couple guerilla forces popping in, sniping at people at bit, then an uncontested Ragefire much like blue with LDC training yourself included

not very impressive.

It would have been... except our competition, Azrael, insists on contesting only if they are FM/full raid buff. Their crew took 10 minutes outside to get to that point and by then we had achieved the objective.

Cecily
02-21-2015, 03:36 PM
PvP has no point in EQ. Why not play PvP in a game that actually has a ranking system or something along those lines. EQ wasnt founded on PvP and never was ment to be a PvP game. They came out with what 3 PvP servers that ended up becoming 1 in the long run. PvP in EQ is not and has never been balanced.

That's just an incredibly ignorant opinion. While you might be right regarding the PvP balance in Everquest, to say that PvP in EQ is intrinsically pointless only means that you don't understand the appeal. While I agree it's a better PvE game, the addition of PvP makes makes an otherwise stale endgame incredibly dynamic. On blue we run off of a script on any given encounter and the only spice we get is bad players and guilds breaking rules. Red has the potential for constant change, depending on who wants to ruin your day, and that is quite honestly fun.

Sebekkha
02-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Brilliant watch. Looks great fun i must say, thats coming from a 'bluebie' never done PVP in EQ at all.. maybe ill give it a go sometime for sure!

Krycek
02-21-2015, 04:11 PM
I prefer pvp games, just not when it messes with my pve time. I'll stick to daoc type pvp. Was funny seeing the rogue run in and smash that dirty gnome though.

Kaym
02-22-2015, 06:55 AM
I can be a serious player on red while clicking my spells and keyboard turning? nice

DrunkGrunt11b
02-23-2015, 02:40 AM
Eq wasn't meant for pvp ? That's funny i have never played eq with out pvp ...

Nirgon
02-23-2015, 04:36 AM

only smiles and riles

Buhbuh
02-23-2015, 07:46 AM
That's just an incredibly ignorant opinion. While you might be right regarding the PvP balance in Everquest, to say that PvP in EQ is intrinsically pointless only means that you don't understand the appeal. While I agree it's a better PvE game, the addition of PvP makes makes an otherwise stale endgame incredibly dynamic. On blue we run off of a script on any given encounter and the only spice we get is bad players and guilds breaking rules. Red has the potential for constant change, depending on who wants to ruin your day, and that is quite honestly fun.

Great post.

Wholeheartedly agree.

You can make an argument that games in general are pointless. The amount of strategy and knowledge of game mechanics it takes to PvP in dangerous places is a big reason for why people play here. It adds a dynamic where you're forced to think on your feet far more than on blue. You're far more engaged - you have a separate window on your UI dedicated to /who, which is bound to your movement keys because of the need to know when potential PvP zones in. People actually need to know what Crystallized Pumice and Crimson Potions are used for. Buff order actually matters (SoW and Levitate bottom slotted at all times). Lots of little particulars about this game blue players wouldn't even think to do are really useful on a PvP server. Shield of the Immaculate on a 60 Enchanter is devastating in PvP. Rogue poisons actually matter. Sunstrike only lands on well geared toons after someone is maloed. You often need to click off buffs when anticipating a spell you want to dispel off of yourself immediately so that it doesn't bottom slot under all your important buffs.

It's not really any surprise that 80% of the people who give this server a shot at the endgame stay here.

Sure, there are plenty who "try" it and run into a shitty player with shitty intentions which results in a shitty first experience at really low levels. But by and large, that's not what you find here.

These types of fights happen daily here.

botrainer
02-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Problem is RF is 99% of everyone who find oneself back there is using autofire and clicking upto 1000X a second afk.

Making an NPC who eats the pearl while rage is down would be preffed fixed, BUT would also work is making his spawn area PVP abled so those who like to afk autofire can be delt with.

Buhbuh
02-24-2015, 02:21 AM
PvP is the greatest solution for the poop socking of timers all day long. You get to be online less, have more time for other shit, etc. Everquest was always a time sink, but you're seriously out of control when you're doing it like blue. That's got to be so painstakingly boring. Come to red, sleep more, and if someone contests, you fight for it.

EZ PZ

Daldaen
02-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Doesn't Red have an unclassic Ragefire that's an exact 24 hour timer?

feanan
02-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Most people found project1999 because they want to play classic, or as close as possible.

Ain't much classic about the ezmode pvp server

igwbuffalo
02-24-2015, 07:36 PM
The one thing that bothers me most about the video. Who plays with target click shows help enabled?!

Salahdin
02-25-2015, 06:27 AM
Red is fun till you realize that anyone that plays there for longer than 6 months has 2x epic'ed toons and working on their 3rd.

It's a server made for quick satisfactions and those people who have A.D.D. and want a quick level scheme.

Let's face it you go 1-50 in one week then 50-60 the next week.

^ That's just the attraction for thenormal people that play there....

Then you have the cesspit of crazy jobless people who are so obsessed with pixel gains that they get worried about some new player getting gainz in the the game when they have 4-5-6 epic'ed and vp geared toons.

The server is sick. And half the people who play there are sick and mentally ill. (Just read the forums for 10 mins - some of the posters have not played in years and spend their spare time posting around the clock).

Summary:
If ur crazy you'll love the server, if your normal you'll burn out after getting your 2nd epic'd toon in the 6th month of playing there.

How do I know??? Because I did it all.

Not to mention the server is basically run by 20-30 people as a mafia style game: as much as Holo is trying to help the server out it never changes it's the same faces different toons.

Bill Tetley
02-26-2015, 03:11 PM
this does not look fun?