PDA

View Full Version : Double Bard group

Zheta
02-19-2015, 07:18 AM
So...hypothetically...if a group had two Bards, a Warrior, a Cleric, and a Druid most of the time, what would be a good class to swap out one of the bards with. Say if um, one of the Bards was feeling a bit crowded? The Cleric could maybe switch out for a Wizard?

And this hypothetical Bard really, really, really enjoys Bard, but enjoys Enchanter, Cleric and pretty much anything but playing 'second fiddle' so to speak. ;)

...Hypothetically.

Doil_Boil
02-19-2015, 08:20 AM
So...hypothetically...if a group had two Bards, a Warrior, a Cleric, and a Druid most of the time, what would be a good class to swap out one of the bards with. Say if um, one of the Bards was feeling a bit crowded? The Cleric could maybe switch out for a Wizard?

And this hypothetical Bard really, really, really enjoys Bard, but enjoys Enchanter, Cleric and pretty much anything but playing 'second fiddle' so to speak. ;)

...Hypothetically.

Sounds like ya'll need some dps. Suggestions: Rog, Monk, Mage.

maskedmelon
02-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Two bards is win, one cranks manasong and chants, other ae kites indoors, druid/cle AE mobs down. 30-40 at a time.

And he warrior is free to practice sneak pulling, play gems or contemplate the utter inefficacy of their character outside a raid environment ^^

To the OP though, need a bit more info ^^ it sounds like you are asking for class suggestions that are somewhat bard-like, but if you are stuck playing second fiddle (hypothetically of course) I am no sure that anything similar to a hard would be a good idea. I am not sure I understand why having two bards is a bad thing either. One can pull and manage offensive songs, the other can manage defensive songs. Both can keep pets or sing dot songs, both can melee (hehe) and either or both can cc. If the other bard is trying to hog all the bard action they're doing it wrong. There is no possible way one bard can do everything two can ^^ I'd work out a division of labor and dust off some of the less sung tunes and bardly mechanics ^^

I would say the closest thing to a bard in play style is a well-played Ranger. Closest thing in effect is of course a chanter ^^

Zheta
02-19-2015, 03:56 PM
I am not sure I understand why having two bards is a bad thing either.
Yeaaa, I dunno. It just feels crowded. Maybe it will be better at higher levels. Right now it just feels competitive/awkward.

...Hypothetically.

mr_jon3s
02-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Everything is crowded. Servers been around for a long time.

maskedmelon
02-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeaaa, I dunno. It just feels crowded. Maybe it will be better at higher levels. Right now it just feels competitive/awkward.

...Hypothetically.

Just communicate ^^ I've wound up in many a group with multiple tanks and we'll end up burning our mana bars competing for aggro if we don't communicate. I just ask the others straight up what they would prefer to do, or tell them what I plan to do and figure out some clear divisions of labor.

There is nothing worse than sitting there wondering whether you should do something or let them handle it. If you prefer to pull, just say so. If you prefer to cc, let them know. Once you and they have made it clear what each is or is not doing, things should progress more smoothly. Unless they are a douche (hypothetically). ^^

Master Roshi
02-19-2015, 04:32 PM
have the bard switch to necro, plenty of fun things to do and dps+utility for grp...and FD!