PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Blue Velious and Red Velious

Littlegyno 13.0
02-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Gentleman and scholars,

There is a serious issue with the upcoming release of Velious and how it affects red vs blue.

Currently blue, has recharging enabled and thus can recharge all sorts of items including Ivandry's Hoops etc etc.

Red does not have this functionality because it was turned off due to PVP concerns (Ivandry's hooping somebody and just recharging the item for a new pvp item).

This issue was eliminated when Lady Angel Nilberg and Emperor Rogean eliminated instant click items to be used in PVP (Trakanon's Tooth, Ivandry's Hoop, Wand of Swords etc).

The crux of the issue is that in Velious, certain items such as the Locket of Escape become highly prized for the ability to bind a melee character in Mischief. Currently, Red does not have the ability to recharge puppet strings (non PVP item that blue has the ability to recharge) or the locket of escape.

Can we reenable recharging specific items since all PVP specific instant clicky items have been disabled and make red similar to blue in this regard?

Nirgon
02-18-2015, 09:33 PM
should disable it on blue too

Ele
02-19-2015, 11:23 AM
I'll trade you recharging in exchange for removal of xp bonus and giving blue the fix for duck insta-interrupt.

Lasher
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Recharging......

Lots of us came to play eq blue/red because it was fun and the nostalgia of it.

Nerfing recharging didnt really fix too much. The fix was making said items not work in pvp.

recharging locket of escape was something i experienced for my rog on tz, cost me a lot of plat.

Making lockets not rechargable is going to limit a zone that lots of people want to experience again or want to experience for the first time.

Ele
02-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Making lockets not rechargable is going to limit a zone that lots of people want to experience again or want to experience for the first time.

A number of servers never even saw Locket of Escapes (or other legacy items) drop because they were opened after the item was removed from the loot tables.

Lasher
02-19-2015, 01:47 PM
So lets cater to the people who never orignally played kunakr or velious because they played after it on a server that has kunark and will have velious?

Daldaen
02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Recharging is classic and should be kept.

If it's a problem in PvP just disable clickies with charges against other PCs. I guess you could enable Pumice, but man the tears that would flow if you couldn't PumiceQuest your way to victory.

Ele
02-19-2015, 02:08 PM
So lets cater to the people who never orignally played kunakr or velious because they played after it on a server that has kunark and will have velious?

Just saying dawg

Colgate
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Recharging is classic and should be kept.

If it's a problem in PvP just disable clickies with charges against other PCs. I guess you could enable Pumice, but man the tears that would flow if you couldn't PumiceQuest your way to victory.

almost all of the problem clickies are already disabled on red or they received cast time increases

Daldaen
02-19-2015, 03:08 PM
almost all of the problem clickies are already disabled on red or they received cast time increases

Yea remove their cast times that are unclassic and flag them as no PVP. Would allow PvE to function as it should, adds a great plat sink in the game, doesn't allow for broken PvP, and of course.

It's classic.

heartbrand
02-20-2015, 11:32 AM
what about FFA zones? is this going to be ignored?

Troubled
02-20-2015, 03:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/vsHho4y.png

Daldaen
02-20-2015, 04:47 PM
I fail to understand why you would want melee in PoM though. Just use chanters or Torpor shamans like everyone else will be.

Littlegyno 13.0
02-21-2015, 01:04 AM
I fail to understand why you would want melee in PoM though. Just use chanters or Torpor shamans like everyone else will be.

or have several melees like rogues in a zone full of narrow corridors and places to hide and a zone full of casters.

do you see how relevent it is to red99? its fucking pvp

quido
02-21-2015, 01:09 AM
It stinks we can't recharge lockets and mallets and dumb PvE shit like that.

I understand on like wizard wands and golem wands and stuff, but it's such a pain to mallet up on red.

Littlegyno 13.0
02-21-2015, 03:21 AM

I understand on like wizard wands and golem wands and stuff, but it's such a pain to mallet up on red.

yep,

blue 99 pops ivandry's hoops and mallets like no problem but red can't even recharge priceless items like lockets of escape.

it's ridiculous.

evilkorn
02-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Can't recharge hoops on blue fyi gyno.

Lasher
02-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Change all items to being rechargable

then exclude-ivandyr hoop, golem wands, root nets, red wand, PoHate nuke stuff, anything else?

Sektor
02-21-2015, 11:34 AM
Change all items to being rechargable

then exclude-ivandyr hoop, golem wands, root nets, red wand, PoHate nuke stuff, anything else?

Agreed. Also nothing is more irritating than a bluebie that's never pvped make suggestions on what's good for the red server.

krazyGlue
02-21-2015, 11:29 PM
I vote no

pasi
02-23-2015, 07:01 PM
The obvious solution is enabling recharging and making detrimental effects PvE only. You possibly run into issues with people having rechargable beneficial effects though like Leatherfoot cap, Reapers, Stinging Wort pots, instant cure clicks, etc.

Can we re-enable account sales while we're at it? I want to play some on red, but F leveling especially without twink/plevel.

Nirgon
02-24-2015, 12:46 PM
pasi you would get 50 in 2 weeks blind folded bro

and at least get some extra pvp exposure before the shaman+enchanter+double duelist rogue shit came knockin

o it will come knockin

Layne
02-25-2015, 12:05 AM
I think the real difference is going to be having more zones than players. :eek:

pasi
02-25-2015, 02:44 AM
pasi you would get 50 in 2 weeks blind folded bro

and at least get some extra pvp exposure before the shaman+enchanter+double duelist rogue shit came knockin

o it will come knockin

The only thing lower than my willingness to level is my playtime.

Smedy
02-27-2015, 10:06 AM

this is the only solution and i salute you bluebie nirgon for suggest this instead of being like autistic gyno who wants recharge pvp, thank you

dis_mornin
03-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Allow recharging of mallets on red. Velious encounters much different than kunark requiring more mallets. No affect on pve. Should be win win

Grimjaw
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM

ya we all know how you get when you cant recharge mallets

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85776

RIP The Jacka
03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
The rechargong issue was root nets and wands because poor resist code. Resist code has been realigned.

Then the issue of trak teeth, ivandyr hoops, and planar nuke clickies 1-shotting people so ALL clickies got cast times/ddisabled against players

The problems are over compensated for with wild nerfs and solutions for Problem x are no longer needed now that problem x is not a problem.

Time to rethink the bandaid model.