PDA

View Full Version : Be honest, does this look like fun?

Susvain2
02-16-2015, 11:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-VLntH8Mk&feature=youtu.be

todays battle in plane of sky

I know many of my fellow bluebies pretend like red could never be fun, but if you watch this, don't ya think this would be fun?

Come to red today! I'll help every one of you get started

CreamyCowboy
02-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Automatically no because I have to click a link to a video ..

Oleris
02-16-2015, 11:53 PM
might as well play DAOC if I want to pvp

Susvain2
02-16-2015, 11:55 PM
why? is everquest not fun?

khanable
02-16-2015, 11:57 PM
nice video

i gotta log on and hang with you pals this coming weekend

quido
02-17-2015, 12:03 AM
great video A+

Autis
02-17-2015, 12:09 AM
It does looke like it is fun but my question is maybe i do not like running... so how to avoid that?

you could root on yourself but that also means other guys in the fight have more advantage.

let me kno if this works for you you can friend me too in game for tips!

sined Autis (enchanter)

Lojik
02-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Lol eq pvp

Speedi
02-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Lol eq pvp

This

fuark
02-17-2015, 12:50 AM
might as well play DAOC if I want to pvp

This TBH. Every day I wish there was a classic DAOC Mordred server.

Ezalor
02-17-2015, 12:51 AM
Holy shit! You running around in a circle for 5 minutes, occasionally stopping to heal, while shitty dubstep plays in the background. Where do I sign up?

rictus204
02-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Holy shit! You running around in a circle for 5 minutes, occasionally stopping to heal, while shitty dubstep plays in the background. Where do I sign up?

Thulack
02-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Doesnt look like fun 1 bit.

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 01:32 AM

After you win the PvP you get the mobs.

Let me figure this out, what's fun for you? You must not be in Class C, because then you would know how miserable that is. Are you in Class R? Is this worse than half a trakanon a month? Or are you just a leveler? Do you enjoy grinding kobolds for 10 hours a day?

I use to be naive like you, then I tried a PvP server and like most people, I find it infinitely better than blue currently.

rictus204
02-17-2015, 01:46 AM
so you ask us to be honest and tell you if it looks like fun, then drill us when we say no?

Raev
02-17-2015, 01:58 AM
I see a dwarf cleric doing laps around the island and an army of skeletons.

Don't get me wrong, I had a good time on Red, but that wasn't exactly gaming nirvana

P.S. Susvain aren't you banned from blue for RMT?

kaev
02-17-2015, 02:01 AM
so you ask us to be honest and tell you if it looks like fun, then drill us when we say no?

What do you expect from somebody who's promoting EQ PvP? Rationality? Honesty? Open-mindedness? Healthy lifestyle choices?

rictus204
02-17-2015, 02:06 AM
yeah, you got me there.

Lune
02-17-2015, 02:09 AM
I'll see your red video and raise you a blue video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw)

86753o9
02-17-2015, 02:16 AM
German language and techno music. Good to see such openness to all lifestyles in your community.

triad
02-17-2015, 02:18 AM
I'll see your red video and raise you a blue video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw)

closed as soon as i heard skrillex

iruinedyourday
02-17-2015, 03:09 AM
That was an eclectic pairing of songs. a+

Messie
02-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Sorry to say, this doesn't look fun at all. Hearing the voice comms + dub step while watching you run in circles just did not do it for me. I am not biased one way or the other, and was excited to see the video as I do not get to see PvP in EQ, but wow. I expected something much more entertaining than this.

Maybe I am missing something going on in the video.

Bruno
02-17-2015, 03:52 AM
closed as soon as i heard skrillex

:D

Sirken
02-17-2015, 04:28 AM

I know many of my fellow bluebies pretend like red could never be fun, but if you watch this, don't ya think this would be fun?

Come to red today! I'll help every one of you get started

i was here for this, and its really worth the watch. its the most fun looking fight ive seen in a long time, was a really great job by both sides imo

Jimjam
02-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Might have been more interesting from another characters perspective I think. It seemed like lots of running around spamming clicks and heals.

A couple of groups of untwinked noobs duking it out over crushbone is more exciting to me. I prefer EQ PVP without planes, kunark, etc. The gearflation kills it.

I'd love a discord server with monthly wipe.

myriverse
02-17-2015, 07:42 AM

You could stop there, because PoS isn't fun.

red
Even less fun.

quido
02-17-2015, 07:44 AM
clerics run around and heal and rez in PvP - not the most exciting role, but arguably the most important in a large fight

Ravager
02-17-2015, 08:11 AM
I'd rather go to hell for my pvp. http://store.steampowered.com/app/2300/

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 09:39 AM
I see a dwarf cleric doing laps around the island and an army of skeletons.

Don't get me wrong, I had a good time on Red, but that wasn't exactly gaming nirvana

P.S. Susvain aren't you banned from blue for RMT?

Yea one account out of 30 I have/logged into got banned. I'm sure I'll be cleared up if the gms are so kind to look into it.

GreldorEQ
02-17-2015, 10:02 AM
like most people

I think you have the server counts confused; the one with more is blue.

EDIT: I pointed out the above before watching the video. Maybe its the role of the cleric, but no part of this looks like fun to me.

harnold
02-17-2015, 11:10 AM
shadows and dubstep? no thanks i'll stick to blue

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
I think you have the server counts confused; the one with more is blue.

EDIT: I pointed out the above before watching the video. Maybe its the role of the cleric, but no part of this looks like fun to me.

Most of the blue people i've met who come over recently realize how much fun the pvp element adds to EQ.

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Heres a story from a recent bluebie convert who tried red

- Thank you man, and will do. I like the concept of pvp and the more I read about Red the more I surprised I never looked into it... until I read your post. Thank you much, Ill message you when I get something going.

-Only 3 lvls in as a wood elf ranger with a few leather bits and a rusty two hander, and I'm feeling like this was the right choice. Just in understanding that there is now another layer to the social dynamic, that everyone has to participate in. I only got to play for about an hour, but me and another bluebie managed to have a fun game of hide... seek... kill. before grouping for a little bit. Had more fun right there hen I've had in blue in months. lol just the awkward moments wondering if this other rusty short sword* bastard was gonna attack. And all this could've happened on blue, just dueling and all, but it's not always in everyone's mind on blue.

Anyway name's"XXXXXXX", and Ill be on again tonight, just about after 10pm est

Thanks again

- I really wish I could convince my RL friends to start up a red toon. Im excited to see what this full group exp bonus is all about. Wasn't there a post that said you started in November? Did you play blue for a long time before that?

- I will definitely keep the resists in mind, and I know exactly what you mean. That moment of uncertainty I had with another brand new player was great. no lie there was 2-3 mins of just watching each other while we smacked some mobs... waiting for him to engage one before I did, just to make sure I wasn't going to get bonked on the back of the head while I fought a bat... lol and in the end he just asked... "Are we gonna do this?" and I was like... "Yup!" afterward we just grouped.

- Im on now, Ill be hunting around gfay eventually moving to the orc camps

So i dont know if youve ever had to deal with these PKers calling themselves the midget mafia, but holy shit what a night!!

- So it starts with ne and a full group, lvl 11ish, hunting away in CB. Things were rolling well for like 15 minutes when a dwarven rogue showed up all non chalantly and slid in to stab our healer in the back to death. The next 2 minutes was a fast paced battle om the move for he zone line, all the while this guy is shouting something about blood, drinks, and pay up or die, lol. So we made it out and then danced inbetween the zonelines for a minute, he got another and then we killed him.

1 group member quit out.

Within 5 min hes back with a buddy and another bloodly war starts. Theyre going on with the same pay up or die. Lol they got me a couple times.

2 more group mates bail.

A higher lvl knight shows up and starts to gaurd the zone line. The last 3 of us hunting in relative piece for 10 min or so... But then the midgets doubled and the now 4 rogue strong(3 dwfs, 1 gnome) slay the knight and proceed to slaughter us poor newbs. All the while screaming the same things.

Last two guys quit, saying they cant take the griefing anymore.

So im all alone and i trek back to grab my corpse. Zone in and they start beating me up, i /say LnS good show guys. They all pause And the leaderish one says.. You gotta say it in /ooc.

Now im sure this isnt as shameful as i percieve it, lol but i didnt want to, didnt want to let everyone know i couldnt take a other beating, lol.

But then it clicked... All this killing and not once had these guys looted my money. So i did some pleaing and RPing and eventually paid them.

Thats where it all shifted, they invited me and anounce that i had paid the protection money and were now under their "protection"

I thought awesome, i stuck it out and now i can level in peace, but it was better then that, they proceded to slaughter cb for me and i gained 3 lvls in under 20 minutes.

By the end i was stabbing orcs with a rusty dagger i picked up and shouting at any dirty elf that showed up to pay up or get stabbed.

It was a blast, joking, fun, and trying to extort my former elven brothers. No one else seemed to get what was happenig though.

Made my night, these guys had a plan and im glad i didnt bitch out lole everyone else.

nonphixion
02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
your pathetic stop promoting red, yes its the better server but all you will do is increase holos rank rofl 250 pop is fine

Brut
02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Roleplaying and PLing. Oh how red has fallen.

dragolyche
02-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Too much necro

Formshifter
02-17-2015, 12:44 PM
lots of running in circles is what i saw.

harnold
02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
all jokes aside, red is fun but some of us do not like the shitty ruleset, if there were item loot the server would be 100x better, without item loot the pvp is pointless (unless your pvping for a raid mob), and pointless pvp is a lot funner in most other games, mmorpg or not

theres just simply nothing appealing about starting a new character from level one just to play a game where you have to deal with frusturating and tedious corpse runs from a death by some twinked out rogue and absolutely nothing to gain from a kill, seeing the stupid yellow text get spammed with your name is simply not enough for most people and we'd rather play a better pvp game unless the ruleset changed on red

for christ sakes there was even exp death on pvp kills for a while on red and it took a lot of bitching for that awful idea to be removed, they should really rethink the rulset and wipe red if they really want to bring people in

Khatilly
02-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Sorry no I do not PVP. Mostly because I'm terrible at it. Also because of idiot children. If I wanted to bang my head against a wall I'd go back to work.

Synthlol
02-17-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't play red because I would have to /camp every time I go AFK.

I have to go AFK a whole lot.

I like regenerating health and mana while AFK.

azeth
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM

#1 reason i don't do red

I afk when i want, for however long i want, where i want. It's the luxury of playing a 15 yr old elf simulator

quido
02-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Azeth did you ask your wife for permission before you got your characters undeleted?

ghost182
02-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Seems to clustered for me, how can you tell whos on your team and whos not? especially with all those skeletal illusions

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Eq pvp is clunky but it can be really fun and honestly adds a ton of zest to what is probably the greatest game ever created.

I assure you that once you get your first bout of pvp-shakes you're not going to want to log back into blue and /lfg in kc.

Ele
02-17-2015, 01:37 PM
clicking group members names and spell icons to cast?

pro stuff in here

SMH, quest givers not killing all of you
SMH, shadows

Gotta respect the lack of duck interrupting tho

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 01:42 PM
this isnt me playing. just a guildy

Susvain2
02-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Seems to clustered for me, how can you tell whos on your team and whos not? especially with all those skeletal illusions

They were waiting up there for us, and they all had AoN's. besides that you know by the player names, and you listen for the assist call. You can hear the Pixel Smaug's voice calling out assist during the video.

heres a video taken from the other side as they wait for us to port up. Go to 7:00 minutes in for the start of the pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBN9gYib18

special bonus, if you go to 1:05 and wait you can hear Ragnaros mom yelling in the background of TS.

fadetree
02-17-2015, 03:58 PM
EQ has terrible PvP, but it probably would still be kinda fun. I wish Warhammer Online was still up, now THAT was badass pvp.

heals4reals
02-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Lol eq standinline-csr-governed-rotation-and-whining-about-perceived-competition

ftfy

Samhain
02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
clicking group members names and spell icons to cast?

pro stuff in here

SMH, quest givers not killing all of you
SMH, shadows

Gotta respect the lack of duck interrupting tho

I don't respect anything about you. You need to keep your damn mouth shut about your opinions; especially about things that should be nerfed.

iruinedyourday
02-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Eq pvp is clunky but it can be really fun and honestly adds a ton of zest to what is probably the greatest game ever created.

I assure you that once you get your first bout of pvp-shakes you're not going to want to log back into blue and /lfg in kc.

Does that still happen? I remember back in '99 on Rallos whenever I would get into a PvP engagement id be all shaky and I couldn't stop it.. I remember watching my roommate play durring a pvp fight and he was shaking like a 6 month old chiwawa puppy.. I thought wtf is with those shakes, we get so scared doing PvP will they ever go away?

Those were the days.

Lojik
02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
ftfy

Sure you did. You want nostalgia for an old ass mmo and maybe get lost in the lore a bit? EQ is great. Competition? Lol

iruinedyourday
02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
They were waiting up there for us, and they all had AoN's. besides that you know by the player names, and you listen for the assist call. You can hear the Pixel Smaug's voice calling out assist during the video.

heres a video taken from the other side as they wait for us to port up. Go to 7:00 minutes in for the start of the pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBN9gYib18

special bonus, if you go to 1:05 and wait you can hear Ragnaros mom yelling in the background of TS.

lol the best thing about this video is, durring the other video watching the cleric running around at some point he stops, and a skeleton caster took a swing at him and runs off and I lol'ed.. then watching this video i see that that skeleton that took a swing at him was this cleric haha..

Ele
02-17-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't respect anything about you. You need to keep your damn mouth shut about your opinions; especially about things that should be nerfed.

http://i.imgur.com/1bZB9s6.gif

azeth
02-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Azeth did you ask your wife for permission before you got your characters undeleted?

yes

zanderklocke
02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
You know what game has great Pvp, every single multiplayer game that is not a roleplaying game or a mmorpg.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Does that still happen? I remember back in '99 on Rallos whenever I would get into a PvP engagement id be all shaky and I couldn't stop it.. I remember watching my roommate play durring a pvp fight and he was shaking like a 6 month old chiwawa puppy.. I thought wtf is with those shakes, we get so scared doing PvP will they ever go away?

Those were the days.

I'm not sure about the shakes but it's definitely a rush when you find someone you've been stalking or it's go-time on a plan you've been concocting.

iruinedyourday
02-17-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm not saying one is better than the other, but really I'm just trying to say is one really better than the other? :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItzmGHi7CA

TheThaloc
02-17-2015, 07:19 PM
GJ posting this. Enjoyed both the holo and az point of views.
WTB more large scale pvp.

Llodd
02-17-2015, 08:12 PM
MAde me laugh, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBL5OMeuno

Reguiy
02-17-2015, 08:35 PM
You know what game has great Pvp, every single multiplayer game that is not a roleplaying game or a mmorpg.

This, but add WoW.

Noselacri
02-18-2015, 05:06 AM
Fights like that are fun.

Fights like that are 3% of PvP.

97% of PvP is pointless.

feanan
02-18-2015, 05:32 PM
no, it didn't look like fun at all

Duckwalk
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM

There is really no negative to getting killed in PvP assuming you're smart about how you keep your cash.

I literally go afk all the time on my caster. Just bind close and frequently then laugh when you come back to 20+ corpses and feel sorry for the clown that wasted all that time for points on a flawed leaderboard dominated by sub 20 fungi twink rogues who pick on noobs in rags.

Obviously melee might be more of a hassle.

Duckwalk
02-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Played Blue for a long time. Heard Red community was toxic. Didn't want to lose all the items I acquired. Didn't want to level another character.

After checking it out, myself and my friends I convinced to come with me couldn't imagine going back.

Honestly, the red community is no less toxic than blue. Exp bonus makes getting back into the 50s a week commitment, promotes groups, hybrids welcomed too. Having good times re-acquiring items I bought on blue as camps are much more likely to be available. Pvp is a minor annoyance if not interested in it and can be a lot of fun if you're interesting in a deeper understanding of the game.

Try red.

Jimjam
02-19-2015, 06:03 AM
Honestly, the red community is no less toxic than blue.So it's at least as toxic as blue, if not more so? :D

Clark
02-19-2015, 06:23 AM
Lol eq pvp

Clark
02-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Honestly, the red community is no less toxic than blue.

In what universe?

Duckwalk
02-19-2015, 12:26 PM
So it's at least as toxic as blue, if not more so? :D

You got me, I meant Blue is at least as toxic as Red.

Red just gets a bad rep because of a super vocal minority who spam forums and the fact that /ooc is world wide so random trolls (which both servers had plenty of) can reach the entire population instead of just the zone they are in.

You PKs and griefers but really they are less of an annoyance than assholes who spend weeks locking down camps or the clusterfuck that is the blue raid scene.

Both servers have their pros and cons. Personally, I couldn't go back to Blue after playing Red. Someone people might have the opposite reaction but I would encourage everyone to try it and not be dissuaded by fear of starting fresh, leveling another character or allegedly toxic community.

Stabulous
02-19-2015, 01:09 PM
It did actually look kinda fun, but it also looked like a trained monkey could've been playing that character. He didn't even have binds ffs. He ran around in circles clicking a button. Is this the elite red pvp people advertise? If you like competing, but suck at literally every other video game ever made, then red is for you!

uygi
02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
The only thing that really strikes me about this video is how few corpses there are up there.

Ssouky
02-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Watched 30s and it felt so classic.
Clicking group window to select target and gems to cast :'(
Everybody uses the keyboard since DAoC back in 2001.
You're way too comitted into classic experience.

Red_Psyphon
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Lol If u don't like eq pvp fine..but to talk shit is absurd. You realize blue is just standing still/fapping 99% of the time? Dull as fuck

maskedmelon
02-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Aside from time do you actually lose anything from a pvp death?

Duckwalk
02-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Aside from time do you actually lose anything from a pvp death?

You can lose any coin you have on you. Aside from that and the possibility of a corpse run there is no negative.

Just for fun.

Although clearly some take it way too seriously (fungi twink epic rogues preying on naked noob casters).

Bazia
02-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Dota 2 for pvp

HippoNipple
02-19-2015, 07:12 PM
lol the best thing about this video is, durring the other video watching the cleric running around at some point he stops, and a skeleton caster took a swing at him and runs off and I lol'ed.. then watching this video i see that that skeleton that took a swing at him was this cleric haha..

Yeah it is pretty sad if you watch the video and see what the second one accomplished. I think he got 1 heal off on someone besides himself, tried to melee once, nuked which I assume was resisted and jumped off the island with 1 DA still up.

Voland
02-19-2015, 07:13 PM
It does look fun! Looks like camera dwarf got quite a workout :)

One strange thing I noticed: opposing guild didn't have name tags - is this a custom UI setting?

JayN
02-19-2015, 07:16 PM
lol that shit was retarded, needed some Glfux action up in that biotch. PVP in eq is stupid!

HippoNipple
02-19-2015, 07:19 PM
It does look fun! Looks like camera dwarf got quite a workout :)

One strange thing I noticed: opposing guild didn't have name tags - is this a custom UI setting?

If you are in skeleton form nothing shows up. Having an AoN is a pretty big game changer in mass pvp.

It did actually look kinda fun, but it also looked like a trained monkey could've been playing that character. He didn't even have binds ffs. He ran around in circles clicking a button. Is this the elite red pvp people advertise? If you like competing, but suck at literally every other video game ever made, then red is for you!

He seemed pretty efficient to me, whether or not he was clicking. As for running in circles it is either that or stand still... if you stand still the opposing team will easily be able to call you out and focus on you.

The only thing that really strikes me about this video is how few corpses there are up there.

That is just a result of it being in PoSky. People just jumped off the island if they were going to die. It wouldn't normally be like that.

Voland
02-19-2015, 07:23 PM
So i dont know if youve ever had to deal with these PKers calling themselves the midget mafia, but holy shit what a night!!
[/B]

Cool story!
Is Midget Mafia for real? I searched forums and came up empty.

I did hear about Rivervale PKs who max their halfling faction and use it to their advantage when ganking natives.