PDA

View Full Version : Monk macro

Mordyth
02-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Hi guys,
I left sneak and forage too long without skilling up when I was a lower level and now I'm trying to rectify that. I know that forage isn't the greatest thing, but I like to be proficient at stuff. Could you who know, spare a glance at my macro below to see if this is the most efficient way to up those skills?

/stand
/doability 6 (forage)
/autoinv
/doability 5 (sneak)
/doability 3 (bind wounds)

obviously the brackets, and the words therein arent actually part of it.

Kender
02-17-2015, 12:35 AM
forage isnt a skill you can get better at. it's an iksar racial

Mordyth
02-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Of course, I dont really need to have it in there then. Good to know

Phantasm
02-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Sneak is a must have! Just toggle sneak as you're running around ! I didn't use a macro

Mentathiel
02-28-2015, 09:09 PM
You need a pause after a forage or the auto-inv will fire before you have the foraged item, so I tend to keep /autoinv on another button rather than delaying the rest of the macro. And you might want to fire off sneak twice just in case it works, unless that was the point.

Mordyth
03-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Sneak is a must have! Just toggle sneak as you're running around ! I didn't use a macro

Yep, like I said, I'm trying to make up for what I have missed. Rectifying mistakes.

You need a pause after a forage or the auto-inv will fire before you have the foraged item, so I tend to keep /autoinv on another button rather than delaying the rest of the macro. And you might want to fire off sneak twice just in case it works, unless that was the point.

Good to know. Does pause work on the same like as an action? I have seen lots of examples of this kind of macro but am inconclusive as to whether it works at the moment.

Mentathiel
03-02-2015, 05:59 AM
Pause can be added to the same line, but you add it before the action and it pauses after for some reason. So, to pause for 0.6 seconds (which feels too long, but it's what I have see recommended) after foraging and then autoinv, you use the following.

/pause 6, /doability 6 (forage)
/autoinv

Mordyth
03-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Awesome, I'll give it another go :)

cormag
03-05-2015, 02:48 PM

It should be noted that sneak is capped at 113 for some odd reason, dont do like I did and mash butan for 2 hours without a skillup before you look it up.

Mordyth
03-05-2015, 11:04 PM
It should be noted that sneak is capped at 113 for some odd reason, dont do like I did and mash butan for 2 hours without a skillup before you look it up.

Good to know. I'm on 97 as I type this.

Cranky
03-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Throw /disarm in there. Kinda useless on blue though

Mordyth
03-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Throw /disarm in there. Kinda useless on blue though

I have been clicking disarm in each fight, not that it really seems to make a lot of difference in the long run.