PDA

View Full Version : 10th ring war

nilbog
02-16-2015, 01:59 PM
The 10th ring war is now completely written, and we're doing a final internal test on it.

There are two questions I had:

1. On eqlive, the 10th war does not consume your 9th ring until the final step where you turn in Narandi's head to Seneschal Aldikar. Classically, did you lose your ring before this point? Which npc took the ring and under what conditions? I always heard that failing the war meant you lost your ring.

2. Sentry Badain is the npc which starts the ring war. I've read reports of his respawn timer being 3 days, and 2 days in other places. Which is it? (For Velious beta testing, I will set his respawn for 4 hours, but I need an official timer before release.)

dartaniun
02-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Failing the war only means you kill all the dorfs in Thurg for a couple hours and you lose your declaration of war. You can get another declaration of war by giving the dain your dirk of the coldain to him, which he gives back along with the declaration.

As far as the ring line, once you get the 8th ring you're fine. You can't lose it on any of the quests. 8th ring battle is the only chance in the line where you will lose all your progress and ring if you lose the fight. In the 10th ring war you turn in your 9th ring and the declaration to the sentry and he gives you the ring back. Did this quest on multiple toons and I remember the respawn timer on him being 3 days. Don't have any evidence or links for the respawn timer, just going off of memory

Raev
02-16-2015, 04:46 PM
The 10th ring war is now completely written

If this passes your internal tests, the A-Team would be happy to give this a shot with Alunova

Daldaen
02-16-2015, 05:01 PM
If this passes your internal tests, the A-Team would be happy to give this a shot with Alunova

I will happily test this as well once the Iceball drop rate is fixed and I can complete the 9th Ring.

Per Eunomia the Devs aren't summoning any more items for testing, so you will need to have a 9th ring complete to test this.

Littlegyno 13.0
02-16-2015, 09:13 PM
I will happily test this as well once the Iceball drop rate is fixed and I can complete the 9th Ring.

Per Eunomia the Devs aren't summoning any more items for testing, so you will need to have a 9th ring complete to test this.

can we get a time for when the ring war will commence? and possible one where pvp is activated so we can test warring forces? coldain vs giants?

RIP The Jacka
02-16-2015, 10:04 PM
summon rings to test it

mando

Alunova
02-16-2015, 11:35 PM
I will not be summoning any part of the ring quest series, just to be clear. All steps need testing, I've confirmed all drops needed and there are players out there that have already gone through most steps.

Thulack
02-17-2015, 12:41 AM
I will not be summoning any part of the ring quest series, just to be clear. All steps need testing, I've confirmed all drops needed and there are players out there that have already gone through most steps.

But once you have one ring completely done through actual questing you will summon rings for other to try right? Doesnt make sense if you know quests actually work to have to make others go through it again just to test war.

Alunova
02-17-2015, 01:12 AM
But once you have one ring completely done through actual questing you will summon rings for other to try right? Doesnt make sense if you know quests actually work to have to make others go through it again just to test war.

I thought it was pretty clear, but no I will not be summoning rings. You only need 1 per war and there is plenty of benefit for guilds to test and complete the quests with no real risk before release.

Sallan
02-17-2015, 02:24 AM

I have a declaration of war on beta (9th ring). There is one other person I know of that also has a declaration ready (from IB). So there are people around and willing to test.

Just need a time to be organized

Nuggie
02-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Next forced beta day for sure!

Daldaen
02-17-2015, 09:39 AM
FINALLY last night after 350 something snow dervishes, I got an Iceball.

Now I just need the drop from Siren's Grotto and a few scripted things to finish my 9th Ring. Soonish Taken will have a ring war ready to test whenever this goes onto beta.

I got a Neriad Shawl but none of the sea shell drops used for quests.

wycca
02-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Spent all night researching the ring war in prep - can't wait! Few questions once we can get to testing -

Just curious, did you run through it a few times on live in order to compare? If not, is this something you would be interested in? I can probably work to arrange a few run throughs on the test server if so.

Are you pretty confident with the script timings/overall length etc being classic? Mini-wave composition/variation? 3rd wave warlord mechanic & Narindi timer/spawn?

I don't believe letting a runner get to thurgadin is an instant fail, is this currently on a small timer or instant? It's fairly short if I recall posts, just don't believe it's instant. Ie, you can engage them and drag back to avoid a fail.

There are numerous documented small bugs (I'm not talking the major ones that were fixed in various patches, but more minor ones ranging from skipping the 1st wave, to some back-to-back spawns of mini-waves, to quest text not triggering, etc), did you put any of these in? Are you wanting to put any of them in?

Lastly...can we expect Bentos to remain the hero? The handling of Botb titles seems to suggest it should not remain Bentos.

Vandy
02-19-2015, 11:07 AM
War has been done numerous times on Test thanks to Nilbog. Need to get people on beta to get the rings quested and be ready for the 10th Patch.

Daldaen
02-19-2015, 11:35 AM
9th Ring complete. Ready to start 10th Ring war whenever the patch drops.

Alunova
02-19-2015, 11:38 AM
There are numerous documented small bugs (I'm not talking the major ones that were fixed in various patches, but more minor ones ranging from skipping the 1st wave, to some back-to-back spawns of mini-waves, to quest text not triggering, etc), did you put any of these in? Are you wanting to put any of them in?

There are some quirks, like a couple giants that take pathing shortcuts we copied, however, most of the quest triggers correctly and the event should be very stable. It's been broken and patched up multiple times on live, but I remember all the text working classically. We went with the classic groups instead of the 6 NPC waves on live currently.

Double waves were likely caused by 2 waves with different pathing and some giants being stopped by dwarves on the way and yes that can happen.

wycca
02-19-2015, 01:43 PM
There are some quirks, like a couple giants that take pathing shortcuts we copied, however, most of the quest triggers correctly and the event should be very stable. It's been broken and patched up multiple times on live, but I remember all the text working classically. We went with the classic groups instead of the 6 NPC waves on live currently.

Double waves were likely caused by 2 waves with different pathing and some giants being stopped by dwarves on the way and yes that can happen.

There's some really great info on spawn points, timing, spawns, pathing, composition, resists, etc. Will try to do some epic-level make-it-classic comparisons.

6 npc waves? Oh wow, glad you went with the classic stuff.

Timeline Note - I've seen some info on the resist changes and spells on the 3rd wave. Since these (ie the slow flag/MR adjustments) are on the P99 timeframe, just wanted to make sure these were possibly baked into the ringwar for your timeline updates.

wycca
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Oh hey, motivational video I found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoMogwxgw-0

Ringwar still looks like it had the 3 classic waves w/mini-waves on Fippy.

So stoked.

Alunova
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
It seems like you are bug reporting before you have even seen what we built ;P Wait for patch and try it once

Littlegyno 13.0
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
9th Ring complete. Ready to start 10th Ring war whenever the patch drops.

pm me the time/date when you do it, after the patch. alot of red dogs will come over and participate.