PDA

View Full Version : Erudite Sk starting stats

Vidar
02-16-2015, 10:35 AM
So im making an erudite Sk and the wiki says to put 15 into str. That seems wrong to me. I put them into sta. 5 into agi for 75. What do you guys thing about what the wiki says? Or what should an erudite SKs starting stats be?

khanable
02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
You did fine

(but should have went iksar)

Vidar
02-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Would the STA build be just as good if i was going to be a soloing a lot? Would that make a difference for starting stats or just a diff with gear?

sox7d
02-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Sta is pretty negligible at lower levels, and nothing too exciting at higher ones. Strength is namely important for being able to carry all your armor and the atk is pretty noticeable too. I think AC and straight HP goes much further than sta, but the differences in your base stat allocation (or even most stats in this fucking game) is overall negligible except weapon ratio and haste.

maskedmelon
02-16-2015, 12:26 PM
For min maxing you did right. Sta cannot be buffed nearly as much as your other melee stats. However, outside of min maxing and L60, sta does not do much for you. At L60 you will have 78 more hp. At level 10 you will have 11 more hp. STR will make the rest of the game (outside of min maxing at L60) more manageable, but is also more easily raised via gear and buffs. I'd've put the points into STR, but then I play a lot of alts and don't bother min maxing anymore. I like to have fun ^^ and min maxing don't do it for me ^^ In the end, it doesn't make much of a difference ^^

Jaleth
02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I just went all dex, but rolled a human SK. Looking forward to one day proccing the hell out of the SK epic (with hopefully) approaching 255 dex buffed and geared.

Bodybagger
02-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Should reroll all into STR except whatever you need to hit agi cap

mostly because good armor is heavy... and you're a weak Erudite... not a good combination.

You won't notice 100 stamina difference. You will notice 10str difference.

kaev
02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
You did fine.

You did fine

(but should have went iksar)

You're just gonna have to resign yourself to the fact that not everybody can be as good looking as you Cucs. An inconvenient truth, I know.

Sage Truthbearer
02-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Honestly, you did fine but I'd have gone 15 STR if it was me. Quality-of-life the 15 strength makes a huge difference in not being encumbered 24/7 throughout your character's life.. Trust me, I'm a High Elf.

ghost182
02-17-2015, 02:52 PM
how about some intelligence. hard as all heck to cap just like stamina, but a return on intelligence can actually make a pretty solid difference?

kaev
02-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Int sounds like a poor idea, Erudite SK already has 117 to start with and depth of manapool isn't a tanking stat. A deeper manapool would probably help you solo, but if you want to solo a lot why not play some other class that's good at it?

Str for quality of life is only really a consideration if you're untwinked. Tree Weave (25ac/10str chest, leather look but plenty of time to FashionQuest later in char's career) and Hero Bracers (9ac/10str/5dr/5pr wrist) are relatively inexpensive at less than 1k combined and will serve a tank well for many levels.

Sta is grand for a tank, it is one of two attributes that directly affects a tanking stat and once you get 75 agi the AC benefit from additional +agi is minimal. Bigger HP buffers make clerics smile.

Sage Truthbearer
02-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Pick STA and be frustrated that you're constantly encumbered over most of your character's life.

Pick STR and be frustrated when you finally reach level 60 that you didn't pick STA.

Danth
02-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage sums it up nicely. Strength serves better for leveling, particularly with lower-quality equipment. Stamina becomes optimal at the level cap. Note that the majority of hybrids don't actually reach the level cap. Most of them seem to run out of gas in the low to mid 50's as the experience penalty really kicks in.

Stamina's ultimately less important to most Shadow Knights (or Paladins) than it is for Warriors for the simple reason that most guilds don't use hybrids to main tank raids very often anyhow. Some guilds don't even use hybrids on trash. Having 75 or 100 more health doesn't matter if you aren't getting hit much anyway. Any tank--even low-health Monks--has sufficient hit points for group content. In so many words, your stat choices at creation won't ultimately matter a whole lot in the long run.

Worrying about min-maxing stats on an Erudite strikes me as a bit weird in the first place; this is a class which can also choose Ogres and Trolls.

Danth