PDA

View Full Version : Mobs that Proc and Disciplines

captnamazing
02-15-2015, 08:32 PM
General V'ghera, Venril Sathir, Your Mom... some would say these NPCs have nothing in common. And those maggots would be wrong! These are all mobs that have a proc component.

I have heard other warriors claim that evasive discipline is superior to defensive discipline when fighting these monsters. The reasoning is that, with evasive, you will get hit less, and thus give the monster less chances to proc. This is the same reason why you want to tank with a 2hander, so as to invite less riposte, and thus less chance to proc.

Until today, I just took it on blind faith. But, I got to thinking... Are NPC procs the same as PC procs? I ask this because a PC can proc on a miss, they can proc before a swing, as proc rate is per minute, not % chance on a successful hit.

Perhaps before the proc rate nerf a while back, evasive truly was superior for these fights. And maybe it still is!

tl;dr My hypothesis is that evasive discipline won't actually help you avoid any procs because the mob can proc even on a miss, and it it simply a % chance over time, instead of % chance on hit.

I welcome any evidence and someone to show me how stupid I am for thinking this.

khanable
02-15-2015, 08:52 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics
NPC perma procs can't proc unless damage is done to the player.

captnamazing
02-15-2015, 10:14 PM
come back to me my sweet lizard

Veleria
02-17-2015, 03:52 AM
Where does the whole procs per minute is not a % thing coming from? Procs per minute are a chance not a guarantee. They are an average over time of PPM but that is still driven by a % chance isnt it?

kaev
02-17-2015, 05:31 AM
Player procs are % per min, hit or miss. NPC innate procs are % per hit that does damage (i.e. rune can prevent NPC innate proc.) Don't know for sure whether NPCs using proc'ing weapons do it like players or like NPC innate procs.

Freakish
02-17-2015, 11:48 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127

Bug forum post saying that procs should not go off on misses / rune hits but they WILL go off on riposte and hits.

Ele
02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
NPCs can innate proc on a ripo (think VS enrage and attacking from front). Players cannot.

Pint
02-17-2015, 02:50 PM
I think if your theory was correct then runes wouldn't be blocking procs