PDA

View Full Version : Slowly coming back to me

Karbine
02-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Started playing about a month after EQ was released. Back then EQ wasn't even full screen (now that's classic) an opening in the middle of your monitor was all you could see. You knew the boat had arrived when you saw the /ooc BOAT!! Friends slowly left EQ and eventually I did too @2004-5. Thanks to the players on this server that record and post on you tube that inspired me to return and to the people of Project 1999 that make all of this possible. I will be donating. Would have spammed ads on the site, but I never see any. I would like to go ahead and apologize to people I might be grouping with while I relearn my character and his role in a group lol. Again thanks to the guys of project 1999. not a lot of games that cater to people of my *ahem age.

sox7d
02-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Legitimate newbies are the #1 thing that makes the server feel classic. Welcome aboard. :)

Messie
02-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Welcome back. Feel free to send me a tell in game and I will give you a little bit of plat to go towards food, spells, or whatever. I'm not rich but I'll help you out as much as I can!

When I first began here I had a similar thread and a high level was kind enough to help me get my feet on the ground with a modest amount of plat. Now I am glad to pay that kindness forward to returning players. :D

My characters names are in my signature ! See you in game and welcome back.

P.S.
If you haven't been to the EC tunnel yet, I suggest you go. One of the biggest feelings of nostalgia in the EQ world is seeing all the toons there! So many people.

Karbine
02-15-2015, 10:31 AM
You actually helped me last night in the tunnel. I was the necro Darkana that you gave some gloves and plat to. a friendly gesture that I will pay forward myself.
It wasn't till later on that I realized you had given me plat also along with the gloves so thank you for that too.

Messie
02-15-2015, 07:42 PM
You actually helped me last night in the tunnel. I was the necro Darkana that you gave some gloves and plat to. a friendly gesture that I will pay forward myself.
It wasn't till later on that I realized you had given me plat also along with the gloves so thank you for that too.

Hah oh! Well then, no problem. Im glad it could be of help. I hope the bone chips also last for a long time :).

I also suggest that you begin researching on the p99 wiki about your upcoming necromancer spells. Many are not sold by vendors and require you to combine Words in order to create the spell. Many can be found in EC auction, but I also suggest remembering to /ooc in any zones you are leveling in that you're looking for words. Many people leveling simply sell the low level words to vendors as trash loot, and would gladly take a plat or two for it instead!

If you need any more help, feel free to message me in game. Also when you get into your 20s I'll be more than happy to log into my 26 cleric and we can try to form up a nice group to go on a dungeon crawl. Have fun leveling!

Karbine
02-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Hah oh! Well then, no problem. Im glad it could be of help. I hope the bone chips also last for a long time :).

I also suggest that you begin researching on the p99 wiki about your upcoming necromancer spells. Many are not sold by vendors and require you to combine Words in order to create the spell. Many can be found in EC auction, but I also suggest remembering to /ooc in any zones you are leveling in that you're looking for words. Many people leveling simply sell the low level words to vendors as trash loot, and would gladly take a plat or two for it instead!

If you need any more help, feel free to message me in game. Also when you get into your 20s I'll be more than happy to log into my 26 cleric and we can try to form up a nice group to go on a dungeon crawl. Have fun leveling!

Me and a buddy both had maxed level necros back in the day. Still trying to remember everything on researching so I am going to check out the wiki page here. Somewhere in a box in this house I have a large notebook with all the maps, guides, info I had printed out and put in a notebook when I used to play. I appreciate the offer to group later on. well off to print up a words list to add to the new notebook it looks that I have started to make again.;)

maskedmelon
02-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Started playing about a month after EQ was released. Back then EQ wasn't even full screen (now that's classic) an opening in the middle of your monitor was all you could see. You knew the boat had arrived when you saw the /ooc BOAT!! Friends slowly left EQ and eventually I did too @2004-5. Thanks to the players on this server that record and post on you tube that inspired me to return and to the people of Project 1999 that make all of this possible. I will be donating. Would have spammed ads on the site, but I never see any. I would like to go ahead and apologize to people I might be grouping with while I relearn my character and his role in a group lol. Again thanks to the guys of project 1999. not a lot of games that cater to people of my *ahem age.

We'll welcome back to Norrath Karbs! The classic UI is something a lot of us are keen on and I am sure will be implemented once they find a way! I do not believe there are any adds for the project because the owners do not wish to profit from it to avoid the potential of any IP related legal entanglements. Donations go to keep severe online and offer thanks to the Devs for their hardwork of providing an experience that is available nowhere else. Happy huning and safe travels!

gkmarino
02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Welcome back :) such a great feeling, happy and sad. I need a hug lol.