PDA

View Full Version : Random Item Question

PDX0621
02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Sorry for starting a new thread, but I had a curiosity question, and didn't know where else to ask. I'm obsessed with weapons for my up and coming warrior. While planning out, researching, and checking out potential future weapons, I came upon this conundrum:

Why is this : http://wiki.project1999.com/Short_Sword_of_the_Ykesha

More expensive than this : http://wiki.project1999.com/Acid_Etched_War_Sword

Identical stats, damage/delay/size/weight/proc/proc level, yet Acid Etched costs about half as much as the SSoY. Am I missing something here? What's the dealy?

Khatilly
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Is the drop rate the same? That might have something to do with it. Other than that I'm not really sure.

Ele
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
that classic look

Erydan Ouragan
02-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Not an expert or anything but assuming stats, procs and everything else are the same, then the difference in value is simply demand.

I think that when people start a new warrior on this server, they don't really research anything, so they ask around what gear they should buy and the usual answer they get is something like "just buy like a dusty bp, 55hp/5ac rings and dual SSOY and ur all set until late in the game".

This creates a increased demand for SSOYs, thus raising the price, because other weapons that are as good are ignored, as they're relatively unknown.

If i were to play a warrior, i would dual wield this:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Scorpikis_Claw_Impaler

Having both, that's +8 STR, +20 SV Poison. It starts to proc at level 30. The proc is 3 poison counters. The agro is insane. According to the warrior weapons agro chart, the proc (in terms of threat) is only beaten by the epic and some VP weapons. And they can be found for 1k for both, common drop off of HS.

Plus if you dual wield piercing weapons, you can get people asking why the fuck is the rogue tanking.

myriverse
02-12-2015, 01:33 PM
People like saying, "Ykesha."

Ele
02-12-2015, 01:50 PM
People like saying, "Ykesha."

I prefer Yak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4mjUTBXnPQ

mr_jon3s
02-12-2015, 01:50 PM
SSoY looks cooler. Thats why it costs more.

PDX0621
02-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Not an expert or anything but assuming stats, procs and everything else are the same, then the difference in value is simply demand.

I think that when people start a new warrior on this server, they don't really research anything, so they ask around what gear they should buy and the usual answer they get is something like "just buy like a dusty bp, 55hp/5ac rings and dual SSOY and ur all set until late in the game".

This creates a increased demand for SSOYs, thus raising the price, because other weapons that are as good are ignored, as they're relatively unknown.

If i were to play a warrior, i would dual wield this:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Scorpikis_Claw_Impaler

Having both, that's +8 STR, +20 SV Poison. It starts to proc at level 30. The proc is 3 poison counters. The agro is insane. According to the warrior weapons agro chart, the proc (in terms of threat) is only beaten by the epic and some VP weapons. And they can be found for 1k for both, common drop off of HS.

Plus if you dual wield piercing weapons, you can get people asking why the fuck is the rogue tanking.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess that all makes sense. Good for me, I'll buy whichever ones I find cheaper at the time. Yeah, I've tried dual wielding the Skorpikis Claw Imapalers with varied results. When they did proc, they worked well. As an ogre with relatively low dex, I found that they simply didn't proc enough for me. I still have one which I keep in ranged slot for the extra strength, but ended up trading off the other one. Great deal though, I think I paid 150-200pp each for mine.

Wfrench1234
02-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Weapon is inherently classic. In "Vanilla" it was the pre-plane weapon of choice.

Pipsqueak
02-12-2015, 02:51 PM
it is because the ssoy venders for a lot more than the acid etched. The wiki doesn't always show the merchant value but if you check allakhazam old world items have a merchant value tagged to them.

Lyrith
02-12-2015, 04:06 PM
It's 100% item look and vanity. SSOY is THE item in vanilla and still has one of the cooler models. I would pick SSOY every time personally. =D

Skittlez
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess that all makes sense. Good for me, I'll buy whichever ones I find cheaper at the time. Yeah, I've tried dual wielding the Skorpikis Claw Imapalers with varied results. When they did proc, they worked well. As an ogre with relatively low dex, I found that they simply didn't proc enough for me. I still have one which I keep in ranged slot for the extra strength, but ended up trading off the other one. Great deal though, I think I paid 150-200pp each for mine.

You better get used to your proc weapons being disappointing. I have BiS Dex gear till raid stuff, high dex starting race, 200 Dex, and the proc rate is still shitty. Just get used to it. Your warrior tanking skills are gonna suck either way until the 40s when taunt starts to work.

M2¢ about SSoY's, they proc more than the acid etched sword or club. Now they say all weapons should proc the same but the data ive collected so far leans towards there are differences when it comes to procs. Could always be my luck though.