PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Haste

ArumTP
02-09-2015, 03:22 PM
I will ignore the sky belt, that is an unrealistic expectation.
Which would be best?

RBB + Hiero
CoF + silken cat/wolf

Or should I just work with the sash of the dragonborn right now and wait till velious. Opening up my options to
Seahorse Belt + Hiero
CoF + Spider Fur belt or Blood runed girdle

Erati
02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
CoF + RBG give you the best stats and haste combo

also super expensive to buy both ( esp when you dont need the haste on the RBG )

captnamazing
02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I wear RBG in belt slot for the stats and HP. When I am raid tanking I wear a hiero cloak and get Speed of Shissar to cap my haste. When I am not the main tank I wear a CoF and get VoG. RBG + CoF is what I wear during day-to-day stuff where I'm killing mobs and hunting because having the additional 14% haste is better than having a little extra hp/stats.

tl;dr
stacking for hp?
RBG+Hiero
stacking for haste?
RBG+CoF

This is barring having any obscenely rare items like BCG or Sky Belt.

Erati
02-09-2015, 05:13 PM
This is barring having any obscenely rare items like BCG or Sky Belt.

Warriors cannot use BCGs :)

good advice tho, listen to Filbus besides what I quoted

ArumTP
02-10-2015, 06:03 AM
I was of the understanding that haste does not stack.
So RBB + CoF would only be the CoF haste really.

I'm only going to have one of the haste items available as I'm just going be able to afford one of the combos. It will mostly be day to day as I am yet 60, but on the other hand my guild tends to run warrior light, and I would likely be raid tanking.

Pint
02-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Rbg + hiero, affordable/best stats. Extra 9% haste is w/e.

Erati
02-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Rbg + hiero, affordable/best stats. Extra 9% haste is w/e.

yea for the price of a CoF you could basically buy Hiero and RBG

good suggestion, the haste you miss out on doesnt make a dif when raiding and buffed

Daldaen
02-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Only get 85% haste with VoG, 93% with Epic haste.

CoF gets you 94% with VoG and 100% with Epic haste. Dat maximum haste!

Sylexis
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
I use CoF + Sos or Anya to cap haste at all times while on raids to maximize dps and constant hate generation. I am not worried about melee stats since shaman buffs are going to all but cap every last one of them in velious, after that it's just keeping an eye on the best ac/hp resists you can get along with the haste.

captnamazing
02-26-2015, 12:41 AM
I use CoF + Sos or Anya to cap haste at all times while on raids to maximize dps and constant hate generation. I am not worried about melee stats since shaman buffs are going to all but cap every last one of them in velious, after that it's just keeping an eye on the best ac/hp resists you can get along with the haste.

VoG gives you an attack boost. CoF + SoS is overhasting, so you're literally just wasting haste. VoG will give you better DPS with a CoF.

Cecily
02-26-2015, 05:37 AM
VoG + 40% makes for better DPS at 98% haste, but would VoG's attack be better for 36% items? You're only at 94% haste. I would think the extra 6% haste would matter.

khanable
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Stack HP but don't sacrifice too much dps for it, and be mindful of your own stats

On cucumbers, with shaman stamina, an adroitness pot, and dwarf chops, I hit 255 stamina perfectly. CoF+RBG, to me, beats out a heiro+RBG because the net gain in hp is 25hp, where as I lose 9% haste. Ain't really worth having an additional 0.4% hp in exchange for 9% haste. You may consider using a SBC/RBB simply because you're getting 19sta out of those two slots (along with 31% haste and 50 raw hp) and that may free up other slots (say, that bad 9sta necklace and the sky warrior ring) for more raw hp items (55hp neck/55hp ring). That'd be a large boost to HP and still decent haste. It's all dependent on your overall setup and what your stats sit at.

With that said, a warriors job is tankin' the big baddies with our disciplines. Maximizing cheal efficiency becomes a real thing in velious - in kunark, 32k hp mobs die so fast no one really gives a shit (in comparison to velious mobs). You'll use clicky aggro, and rogues, wizards, and monks are going to be the bread winners in the dps department. People are not going to give a single shit if you're doing 3 more dps or not - they're going to care if you have enough hp to stay the fuck alive and if you can competently click clickies.

On trash, you could make an argument that having more haste/better dps will help you maintain aggro without having to waste clickies - and you'd be right, but I'd still argue you're dumb because knights exist and they'll do a better job than you.

In short, stack hp, haste, don't sacrifice a large amount of one for the other, try to keep them reasonably balanced with your stat configuration in mind, and for fucks sake use knights to tank trash.

edit: wanted to note warriors can get some pretty stupid high ATK values when you're epic'd. I sit at 1200 ATK unbuffed. Throw in an avatar, bard epic proc, and it's retardedly high. I wouldn't think an extra 20ATK, at that point, and in kunark, is going to make a massive sweeping difference. And now that I typed out the word bard I'm realizing that is going to essentially haste cap you no matter what stupid belt or cloak combo you use and what spell haste you use since resists are not stupid anymore and it may free up a song slot, so god dammit there are like 900 variables here, find the best fit line for you.