PDA

View Full Version : Necro Focus items

Crippling654
02-09-2015, 02:26 PM
So i've been searching over wiki with no luck. could someone point me in the direction of a necro focus item if one does indeed exist in classic. :o

Daldaen
02-09-2015, 02:32 PM
There is only one Necromancer focus item...

Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia - Increases power on the 49,53,56,59 pets.

Drops from Innoruuk very rarely. Spawns every 7 days, with 16 hour variance. Dies within 30minutes of spawning every time even if it spawns at 4AM.

Good luck.

Swish
02-09-2015, 02:32 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Encyclopedia_Necrotheurgia

That's all she wrote iirc. Drops from Inny... and not often :p

Crippling654
02-09-2015, 02:33 PM
hahah... well there goes that hope. thanks for the information!

Ele
02-09-2015, 02:40 PM
You can use the quested Mage focus items from inventory for the instant cast Reclaim Energy clickie.

Daldaen
02-09-2015, 02:41 PM
You can still use the quested Mage focus items from inventory for the instant cast Reclaim Energy clickie.

But their focus effects to increase pet power don't function since you cannot equip them, or cast mage pets...

One of Luclin's many great additions were Focus Effects. It made gearing a caster far more interesting and fun. Plus it added some balance for them against melee. /mourn Luclin.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-09-2015, 02:56 PM
But their focus effects to increase pet power don't function since you cannot equip them, or cast mage pets...

One of Luclin's many great additions were Focus Effects. It made gearing a caster far more interesting and fun. Plus it added some balance for them against melee. /mourn Luclin.

AAs also made some things less boring, and MGB KEI / Aego made soloing on untwinked chars not so bad! :p

Safon
02-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Even with the Planes revamps in Velious, the necro focus is still a god drop?

Man, why do necro's get the shaft so hard when mage's get east focus quests for all four of their pets.

Ele
02-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Man, why do necro's get the shaft so hard when mage's get east focus quests for all four of their pets.

The revamps that go in about 5 months after Velious release should see it drop from Ashenbone Broodmaster instead of Innoruuk. Earth staff starts dropping off Magi P'Tasa. They add a bunch of mini-bosses that drop old Innoruuk loot and Inny gets a new loot table with race specific items.

Lunababy
02-09-2015, 05:45 PM

Because the power of necros isn't one-egg'd into their pets like a mage.

Safon
02-09-2015, 05:56 PM

I thought the thought model for the game was that Necro's also paid the price for their power by being hated all over the place, where as Mage's suffer no such penalties through their class

Clark
02-10-2015, 05:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/AhHj0ab.jpg

Swish
02-10-2015, 09:04 AM
I'd still take self c2, undead pet charming, mana free heals and other nice toys over "can you summon me some _____ ?" requests.