PDA

View Full Version : Zones you never spent time in

Wfrench1234
02-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Thread says it all. I played absurd amounts of eq from the day the servers went live til about five months after kunark came out totaling over 150 days played in that time, and in hindsight I find it interesting there were quite a few zones I never really spent any time in. For me it would be rathe mountains, kerra isle, tox forest, split paw, blackburrow, innothule swamp, and pretty much all the evil cities as I was a human paladin. What are yours?

cormag
02-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Never been to Stonebrunt in playing since 2000.

captnamazing
02-07-2015, 11:01 PM
gfs house

Cyborgazm
02-07-2015, 11:06 PM
I have always been a Rivervale and Freeport person. Never really did Butcherblock or Gfay/Lfay areas much at all. I've been to Erudin very few times.

Swish
02-07-2015, 11:11 PM
West Karana, until recently it was always just a zone to run through - not to stay in and explore :p

I still don't think I've been inside Splitpaw, on live or here :/

douglas1999
02-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I rolled a barbarian warrior as my first character in 99, so I've always been a qeynos person. I remember the first time I journeyed past the big wooden bridge in north karana felt so epic. I'm sure I died within 30 seconds of crossing the bridge since it's everquest here, but still.

GinnasP99
02-08-2015, 12:11 AM
The arena, kerra island, swamp of no hope

Bazia
02-08-2015, 12:42 AM
gorge of king xorbb

useless fucking zone

Cyborgazm
02-08-2015, 01:28 AM
gorge of king xorbb

useless fucking zone

I remember hunting an item there. I don't remember what, though.

heals4reals
02-08-2015, 01:50 AM
gfs house

Lol

myriverse
02-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Everywhere on Odus.
Beholders - only time I spent there was for Project M.
VP

Mentathiel
02-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Until P1999, I had never seen Upper Guk before. In fact, I had never really seen the southern half of Antonica; anything south of North Ro and North Karana was unknown to me. I levelled to my high 20s on Live just sticking to Faydwer zones and a brief period spent getting very bored in the Paludal Caverns.

I've still never really spent time in zones like West Commons (North and East Karanas too) or Kithicor except as a means to crossing Antonica. Yes, I know ports exist, but I only tend to use them for corpse-runs and related emergencies.

Sampten
02-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Dalnir
Nurga
Erud's Crossing

Ando
02-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Dalnir is a super cool zone. Shame no one hunts there.

Jizzebel
02-08-2015, 10:54 AM
I remember hunting an item there. I don't remember what, though.

the +3wis bracer from da big eye.

Lisset
02-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Qeynos Catacombs, Erud's Xing, Beholder, Nurga, Warslik Woods, upper guk, Grobb, Kerra Isle & surefall glade.

Evia
02-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Most of the high end zones I have never done/only done once or twice. As far as just general zones I've never done anything in Kithicor besides run through to hp or rivervale and I run along the wall. gorge of king xorbb as mentioned I've never done. Runnyeye I've only explored the entrance once or twice. The town with the cats on odus i've only been to once or twice. Cazic Thule I only recently explored so been there once! lol. TONS of velious zones I havent ever done since I was only in my 30's back when it came out. Crazy to think i've played the game 15 years and still have a list of zones I havent ever done. :)

capco
02-08-2015, 04:31 PM
West Karana, until recently it was always just a zone to run through - not to stay in and explore :p

I still don't think I've been inside Splitpaw, on live or here :/

I actually went to paw on blue with my 32 pally to hunt past the double doors (frequenters of paw know the reference). With the high level casters, close quarters, weird zone layout, and MESSED up pathing, it was easily one of the most intense non-raiding EQ experiences that I've ever had. But so much fun in hindsight :P

Try it sometime with a 30-something group :)

And as far as zones, don't think I've ever been to Dalnir or deep inside Nurga or Droga.

perditionparty
02-10-2015, 02:19 PM
gfs house

underrated post

Jfertal
02-10-2015, 02:26 PM
I haven't spent time in erud's crossing on this server. Back on classic that was the spot to make mad cash off all the willowisps there

Whirled
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Thread says it all. I played absurd amounts of eq from the day the servers went live til about five months after kunark came out totaling over 150 days played in that time, and in hindsight I find it interesting there were quite a few zones I never really spent any time in. For me it would be rathe mountains, kerra isle, tox forest, split paw, blackburrow, innothule swamp, and pretty much all the evil cities as I was a human paladin. What are yours?

Veeshans Peak, PoMischief, could list more...

myriverse
02-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Quite a few in Velious (really could barely stand that expansion):
- Sleeper's Tomb
- Plane of Mischief
- Western Wastes: only to pass through on way to ToV
- Dragon Necropolis
- Cobalt Scar: only to pass through on way to ToV
- Skyshrine: only to turn in stuff for quests
- Crystal Caverns: I think only once or twice

maskedmelon
02-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Runnyeye
Gorge of King Xorb
Beholders Maze
Befallen
Warsliks
Burning wood
Stone Brunt
Temple of Droga
Kurn's Tower
Kaesora
Charasis
Permafrost
Dragnor's Cauldron
Najena
Rathe
PoM
VP
ToV
Sleepers
Cobalt Scar
Dragon Necropolis
Siren's Grotto
Tower of Frozen Shadow

Maybe a few others....

indiscriminate_hater
02-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Gorge of King Xorbb = Beholder's Maze

maskedmelon
02-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Gorge of King Xorbb = Beholder's Maze

Hmmm well that explains a few things....

Roy
02-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Played for 6+ years and never stepped foot in City of Mist.

Shaniril
02-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Chardok. Howling stones. VP.

High level content > me

gummab
02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
EC,though i have to torture myself to sell items every now and again,sell low and GTFO.
Runnyeye only ever pass through same with Beholders Maze.
Kerra Isle.
Swamp Of No Hope.
Been in every other zone in the past lvling up alts and such.
Hands down best zone in game Cobalt Scar,i still have the zone music in my head from way back when.

Swish
02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Quite a few in Velious (really could barely stand that expansion):
- Sleeper's Tomb
- Plane of Mischief
- Western Wastes: only to pass through on way to ToV
- Dragon Necropolis
- Cobalt Scar: only to pass through on way to ToV
- Skyshrine: only to turn in stuff for quests
- Crystal Caverns: I think only once or twice

Me too... wasnt as epic as Kunark, no new level cap or added race/class...new raids were good but I thought Luclin to be the new groundbreaker after Kunark, as much as it gets slandered and beaten up by the community here :p

applesauce25r624
02-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Me too... wasnt as epic as Kunark, no new level cap or added race/class...new raids were good but I thought Luclin to be the new groundbreaker after Kunark, as much as it gets slandered and beaten up by the community here :p

i'm down for classic luclin

no custom content

luclin 2019

theG33K
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
The only zone pre Velious I never really stepped foot in was ToV. Every other zone I spent countless hours in. I made it a point to drag guildies to little used or seen zones on a weekly basis, every Saturday.

Deadlyfury
02-10-2015, 05:01 PM
There are heaps I never visited before p99, on live I came in just before SoL dropped so old content was already dieing out.

New zones for me were:

Najena
mistmore
CB (only played Halfling)
Erudin

But still haven't seen the higher level zones yet, so excited to though!

coki
02-11-2015, 03:14 AM
MINES OF NURGA

Foggon
02-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I pretty much stick to halflings, had a gnome ench once and the occasional Iksar.. back during classic I explored more than I grinded(total noob) but I could get around pretty much the whole continent with no map.

Anyway with that said, I think can tell you I have no idea what grobb or oggok looks like. I think I saw the entrance once when I used a fire pot. Umm Halas either! Also Dalnir(off of warslik woods), I remember that was a zone I found late into my EQ adventures. I was kinda shocked like "wtf there is a zone here??"

I think those 3 zones are kind of foreign to me. Maybe nurga too.

Decad
02-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Spent time in every zone in EQ while I played though not all the same amount

But the below zones are probably what most people never spent time/much time in or even knew existed

Runnyeye
Erud's Crossing ( on the zone and not on the ship while passing by )
Kerra Isle
Gorge of King Xorbb
Mines of Nurga
Swamp of No Hope
Crystal Caverns
Tower of Frozen Shadow
Plane of Mischief

Morbo the Annihilator
02-12-2015, 08:40 AM
akanon. useless town.

other than that, i've left no zone untouched from classic to PoP.
my one regret is not going on enough adventures in umbral planes. now it's too late :(

edit: i'd probably get lost in qeynos aquaducts, but who cares about that shithole.

pasi
02-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I don't think there is a zone pre-SoL that I'm not very familiar with. Even Nurga (a common choice here) was used a ton on live at 60 for melee soloing (slaves).

I would say that Crystal Caverns is my least familiar zone from classic-velious due to not having characters of the appropriate level. Though, I've done the Garzicor quest on 3 dudes so I'm not unfamiliar with the zone layout.

The Luclin fly-over zones by Shar Vhal are the easy choice here. That is Shadeweaver's Thicket and Hollowshade Moor. About the only thing I remember is the peculiar fire elemental area in Shadeweavers.

Wfrench1234
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Swamp of No Hope might be the most pointless zone in the entire game.

PDX0621
02-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Sebilis - Many years of playing live back in the day, from the time of Kunark release, and several old characters in their mid to late 50's, but some how I never set foot inside Sebilis. I don't even know what it looks like inside. This zone in particular always held a kind of myth or mystique for me. Being so young in age and gaming when I first started playing EQ, anytime you did a /who all 50 and up, Sebilis was always where they were. Really hope to check it out sometime on here.

The Hole - Another one of those mystery zones for me that I always wanted to see. Seems very underappreciated here, not sure why. Is there something about this zone people dislike? Looking forward to Hopefully checking this place out too.

pasi
02-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Swamp of No Hope might be the most pointless zone in the entire game.

Ithiosar (Swamp Dragon mostly active throughout SoL) was pretty cool. There's also that level 20 frog that drops high-level gems.

I do agree that it's a pretty terrible zone though!

RiffDaemon
02-12-2015, 12:32 PM
The only pre-Luclin zone I haven't stepped foot in is Lower Guk. Kinda sad.

PVP Cleric
02-12-2015, 12:36 PM
I'd guess that the zones I've spent the least time in are all city zones (most especially paineel, halas, grobb, akanon). Everywhere else I've started new characters near the city so I learned it while doing noob levels, or I leveled at least one character in the zone for multiple levels even if I never explored it thoroughly. Even just spending, for example, 3 levels grinding gnolls in the front of paw makes paw into a zone I've spent MUCH more time in than the cities I listed, even though I never dared to walk past those first doors :)

Lyrith
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
i'm down for classic luclin

no custom content

luclin 2019

I will support you if you support my:

Planes of Power 2024 - You heard it here first!

Whirled
02-12-2015, 05:35 PM
and shared bank slots too!

Feanol
02-13-2015, 02:40 AM
gorge of king xorbb

useless fucking zone

http://wiki.project1999.com/Whirling_Agate

Not exactly a Tranny Crown, but a hell of a lot easier to get.

Red n' Stuff

iruinedyourday
02-13-2015, 04:30 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Whirling_Agate

Not exactly a Tranny Crown, but a hell of a lot easier to get.

Red n' Stuff

p cool, best part of pvp in EQ is it makes some bygone classic loot have some relevance. Like the precious no drop stat on Rzek

Clark
02-13-2015, 04:32 AM
akanon. useless town.

other than that, i've left no zone untouched from classic to PoP.
my one regret is not going on enough adventures in umbral planes. now it's too late :(

edit: i'd probably get lost in qeynos aquaducts, but who cares about that shithole.

The Akanon Zoo is an age old tradition passed down to Gnome children for centuries. It must be preserved and cherished.

#SaveTheAkanonZoo
#BoycottGMO

Jimjam
02-13-2015, 04:35 AM
CSHome

Foggon
02-13-2015, 04:54 AM
I'd guess that the zones I've spent the least time in are all city zones (most especially paineel, halas, grobb, akanon)

You have to check out the town part of Paineel if you never been. Probably one of the coolest things. I went years not even knowing there was an elevator or town there.

PVP Cleric
02-13-2015, 08:18 AM
You have to check out the town part of Paineel if you never been. Probably one of the coolest things. I went years not even knowing there was an elevator or town there.

I always get lost in there. NEVER manage to navigate without a map, and even then it takes me ages to get around... lol.

gorge of king xorbb

useless fucking zone

No way! The loot in there is great for new players, especially considering you can get most/all of it by level 25 or so. Not many spots you can solo/duo caster gear that early. Mino ribcage is pretty awesome too, and there are a few "must do" quests that take you through that zone for certain classes and races.

I can see it being a bigger deal if we were playing on a server that wasn't like 4 years into Kunark, yeah, but it's an awesome classic zone imo.

Burrito
02-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Surefall Glade

Ereni
02-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Crushbone!

Itap
02-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Surefall Glade

Once there was a port to SFG, I spent some time there heh

Wfrench1234
02-13-2015, 05:36 PM
I always thought the gorge was a pretty good exp spot from 18-22. Muddites blinding you can be pretty lame though if you're alone.

Arclyte
02-13-2015, 05:56 PM
I always thought the gorge was a pretty good exp spot from 18-22. Muddites blinding you can be pretty lame though if you're alone.

thats pretty racist bro

Wfrench1234
02-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Your attempt at comedy has failed.

Secrets
02-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Crypt of Dalnir. And rightfully so; fuck that buggy ass zone and its fucking casters.

Honorable mentions:
-Kerra Isle
-Lake Rathe
-Marauder's Mire

CreamyCowboy
02-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Probably 75% of the world. Seems like I've always traveled one route .. efp, ec, nro, oasis, loio, FM, OT, sol b, DL, KC. Everything else I've really never spent much time in like Najena, sol a, upper / lower guk, dagnors, befallen, high pass, surefal.

Clark
02-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Swamp of No Hope?

More like Swamp of No Players!

Arterian
02-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Never went to CoM on live, spent all my time in Seb and KC.

Went to Kerra Island once, it was like the land that time forgot.

Never went to the Hole - too scary.

Swish
02-15-2015, 11:48 AM
During early Kunark on P99, CoM was a "bring your own group" zone... it sucked :p

mr_jon3s
02-15-2015, 04:36 PM
permafrost and blackburrow. Every character on live and p99 was rivervale, gfay, and cabilis. I would love to hunt permafrost but its too far out of the way.

Lauranista
02-16-2015, 03:10 PM
I remember hunting an item [in Gorge of King Xorb]. I don't remember what, though.

PBB or PBH - People farm the Evil Eyes in the center, its about all that zone is good for.