PDA

View Full Version : Raid Rotation fix, Half arse Poopsock Script

Resitance
02-06-2015, 05:00 AM
Hello all,

Being a veteran of P99 I have seen it gone through many changes. The worst being guilds killing bosses and deleting loot to force this crappy rotation nonsense where players are forced to wait months for a chance at a boss and then still behind a loot list in their guild. Thus making gearing out multiple years of time and raid alert crap. Sucks. I for one played on Emarr and our server did not do this rotation nonsense, we fought for our spawns. Top guilds blocked lower guilds of moving up. It was a real cut throat setup. Of course there really wasnt poopsocking either though. This is forced upon us due to knowing we are capping at Velious and there is no expansions to allow top guilds to move up and allow lower guilds to continuesly follow behind.

I personally wrote a test script on my priv server and with a little bit of tweaking this could work on here.
It is NOT classic I know, we know.... but there is many things not classic and they are 100% of the time in favor of the server and not of the players. This is for the players and setup for the guilds.

In a nutshell for population to understand... I will use Severilous as example. Each guild will have 4 spawns a week to kill Sev. After you kill Sev you cannot kill him for another week. After 4 kills of Sev you are forced to wait 2 weeks to keep your guild from ALWAYS having control. If you attempt to cheat after flagged from killing Sev you get punished. Once your flag resets you are able to resume like normal. The spawn times per week, the # of times before lockout and so forth can all be changed by Devs to tweak it more for server liking and their liking.

Everything below is more indepth for people with scripting knowledge and mechanics

Each raid boss will be respawned every 2 days. This gives guilds 3-4 times a week staggered spawns to FTE like classic.

Raid bosses will spawn with a proximity to check for characters flagged and send you a whisper to warn you of your penaltys if you enter the proximity and if you interfere with said boss.

Upon Boss death your GUILD and IP is flagged. Guild flags are for greedyness and multiple alt protection. IP flag is for greedyness, alt and multiple account and multiple guild protection. This idea is for GUILD support, not personal endeavors and loot whorism.

Your guild kill flag lasts ONE week. Once your flag timer is up, your guild can attempt to FTE and kill the boss again.

A second flag is also applied that counts your guild up to a set # of kills per each boss individually. I would suggest 2-4 kills. After your guild reaches its limited you are FORCED to sit out that week for that specific boss. Example. Your guild kills Severilous 4 times, 1 time each week, 5th week you are locked out allowing another guild the chance to kill and allowing smaller guilds a chance to get in.

This is a scripted Rotation and FTE setup made for the players. It does not hurt the server at all.

Penalties should be severe and announced on forums if a decision is made so all know the rules. The penalties should also be whispered to the player upon entering the proximity of the boss. Flagged players entering proximity should also be announce in zone shout for server and player logging for any proof of interferrance.

Penalty 1) Already killed boss flag and you engage agro via heal or dmg, Sacrifice kill, no xp res. Flag lasts for 1 month. So dont F around

Penalty 2) After no xp res and you attempt to cheat again before your cheat flag is up, you are BANNED for one week for trying to cheat.

Penalty 3) After BANNED for week, that flag is removed and you are now ALWAYS flagged for a 2 week ban for attempting to cheat.

Yes these sound severe but this is to keep max xp level 60s sacrificing xp loss for a free nuke or heal on raids. At same time, why would another guild want to help the other. It will flag your guild or if your already flagged, your in trouble.

Variance should stay in, Remove Earthquakes.

A Custom command or way to check flags like in Live EQ PoP days needs to be added, not sure if that would be through DBI or a custom table. P99 staff is smart enough to code it.

I am sure more can be added to it to protect the server and players better but this is a quick setup and needs to be tweaked for sure to ensure everybodies happiness.

Hope it helps, hope something like this gets established for the players. Enjoy

Resitance - Retired/Deleted
Dangah - So long and thanks for all the fish

toolshed
02-06-2015, 05:20 AM
Call me crazy but I would rather kill dragons for fun than argue on the forums on the most 'classic' way to forumquest yourself some loot once every four months

Herpa Derp
02-06-2015, 05:36 AM
The two week final penalty thing seems more detrimental to the player than anything, maybe a forced delevel instead?

Misread, I assumed it was a two week for a reattempt at the FTE, not two week ban. Carry on.

Swish
02-06-2015, 05:40 AM
How about fun + pixels without having to sit on a spawn with 100-150 other neckbeards?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1040786/ecw-o.gif

Mentathiel
02-06-2015, 07:19 AM
This is forced upon us due to knowing we are capping at Velious and there is no expansions to allow top guilds to move up and allow lower guilds to continuesly follow behind.
I barely followed this (I have never been hardcore enough to raid) and yet one thing jumps out at me; Velious is not the end, Velious is just where the server stops following Live. Unless I am very much mistaken, we keep getting told that there will be new content added and new raids would sound like a very good idea, whether they are transplanted from PoP or unique ones created for P1999 to match the classic ethos.

Stormfists
02-06-2015, 10:28 AM
I barely followed this (I have never been hardcore enough to raid) and yet one thing jumps out at me; Velious is not the end, Velious is just where the server stops following Live. Unless I am very much mistaken, we keep getting told that there will be new content added and new raids would sound like a very good idea, whether they are transplanted from PoP or unique ones created for P1999 to match the classic ethos.

The only whispered change is the new server restart concept. If the P99 team releases never before seen raid content in separate newly designed P99 specific zones then... well... tip my hat, but I dont see it happening.

harnold
02-06-2015, 10:30 AM
This idea gives me headaches, GM enforced rotation is a better option:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179788

Mirana
02-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Call me crazy but I would rather kill dragons for fun than argue on the forums on the most 'classic' way to forumquest yourself some loot once every four months

This. token system? simulated repops? Don't care. The "classic" idea is actually paradoxical. I never had to wake up early or poopsock to get raid targets back when I played, and I was in like... the 12th best guild on the server. Times have changed. By stubbornly clinging to the "classic" mentality, you are really preventing people from playing the classic eq that they remember.

Throndor
02-06-2015, 10:51 AM
should just open windows up to the entire spawn time of a mob minus maybe the first 24 hours after a kill(so that a mob cant go RNG-crazy and spawn multiple times in the same day)
People will centralize at a transportation center and move out from there on raid calls all over the game world, with secrecy being the biggest concern, if the windows for everything are from 24 hours after kill to upwards of 8 days. THAT is classic. That's how we all did it before the advent of socking.

Socking isn't classic, mobility races are. /Role used to be a guild mandate in pretty much every guild on the server back in classic, because u never wanted anyone to know where u were mobilizing to, in case they weren't aware of a spawn that your team was aware of.

All these arbitrary raid rules about "you have to be at the zone in, you cant exp while a mob is in window" are utter rubbish and they create a system where raiding means you can't do anything else except standby for a raid target. This begs the question of "what use is your raid gear, if you never get to group with it to show off"? Furthermore, all these bullshit rules stem from the fact that mob windows are entirely predictable, and still short enough to be worth poopsocking for.

Just about everyone I know that has come over from fippy, and live recently, laughs at how retarded the arbitrary raid rules put in place by you guys are. Instead of fixing the core of the problem (predictable, short windowed mob variance), you desperately cling to the concept of "classic" while having shorter repop times than were present in classic, and slightly longer variance on spawn times. It's already not classic.

Furthermore, the current jump through 2 flaming hoops and coth ur team to the dragon from the zone in, or wait at the zone in, but ur not allowed to "stall" (an incredibly vague concept to begin with) rules do nothing to reinforce the classic emphasis on mobility to the zone being raided being the biggest obstacle preventing a guild from dominating all content. Mobilizing to the zone, and doing so in a secretive manner is classic. This shit aint.

In summary, if every raid target in the game is extended to a 144 hour raid window, you're not gonna see socking anymore, except for maybe the possibility of the highest end guilds using VP as thier main transportation hub due to wanting to make those targets the highest priority. In the rare case where a guild chooses to indeed sock a mob, theyre doing this while 25 other mobs around the game world are not being socked, since the majority of the raid content throughout the game would technically be "in window" all the time. So, they would be socking at the cost of possibly losing out on everything else while they did it.

What do i know though? I've only been an active top-end raider for about 13 of the past 16 years i've been playing this game. Carry on with the "classic" overbore.

Resitance
02-07-2015, 01:57 AM
I agree with all of you, even my idea is a pain in the arse, but I dont know of any other ways to deal with it other than rotation or 100% classic FTE.

I wish we could play normally but with the knowledge of players on old content to beat the system and manipulate the system, seems to be far fetched these days. I guess this is why new games all use instances. Gives everybody what they want with a little bit of world FTE bosses.

w1zard
02-08-2015, 01:05 AM
should just open windows up to the entire spawn time of a mob minus maybe the first 24 hours after a kill(so that a mob cant go RNG-crazy and spawn multiple times in the same day)
People will centralize at a transportation center and move out from there on raid calls all over the game world, with secrecy being the biggest concern, if the windows for everything are from 24 hours after kill to upwards of 8 days. THAT is classic. That's how we all did it before the advent of socking.

Socking isn't classic, mobility races are. /Role used to be a guild mandate in pretty much every guild on the server back in classic, because u never wanted anyone to know where u were mobilizing to, in case they weren't aware of a spawn that your team was aware of.

All these arbitrary raid rules about "you have to be at the zone in, you cant exp while a mob is in window" are utter rubbish and they create a system where raiding means you can't do anything else except standby for a raid target. This begs the question of "what use is your raid gear, if you never get to group with it to show off"? Furthermore, all these bullshit rules stem from the fact that mob windows are entirely predictable, and still short enough to be worth poopsocking for.

Just about everyone I know that has come over from fippy, and live recently, laughs at how retarded the arbitrary raid rules put in place by you guys are. Instead of fixing the core of the problem (predictable, short windowed mob variance), you desperately cling to the concept of "classic" while having shorter repop times than were present in classic, and slightly longer variance on spawn times. It's already not classic.

Furthermore, the current jump through 2 flaming hoops and coth ur team to the dragon from the zone in, or wait at the zone in, but ur not allowed to "stall" (an incredibly vague concept to begin with) rules do nothing to reinforce the classic emphasis on mobility to the zone being raided being the biggest obstacle preventing a guild from dominating all content. Mobilizing to the zone, and doing so in a secretive manner is classic. This shit aint.

In summary, if every raid target in the game is extended to a 144 hour raid window, you're not gonna see socking anymore, except for maybe the possibility of the highest end guilds using VP as thier main transportation hub due to wanting to make those targets the highest priority. In the rare case where a guild chooses to indeed sock a mob, theyre doing this while 25 other mobs around the game world are not being socked, since the majority of the raid content throughout the game would technically be "in window" all the time. So, they would be socking at the cost of possibly losing out on everything else while they did it.

What do i know though? I've only been an active top-end raider for about 13 of the past 16 years i've been playing this game. Carry on with the "classic" overbore.

This could work. Make variance so high that every target always overlaps. This removes any predictable of spawns since all targets are always in window. Socking would mean potentially losing out on another target that pops. Love it. Best possible solution to make mobilization the only viable strategy.

Resitance
02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Well i guess u guys wanna keep fighting over the same shit over and over and same rules and same year long rotations.

Anything far in depth changes they will never do, including my idea.

And enjoy the 144hour poopsock, increasing time will just spread out the players socking the poop. lol

Byel
02-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Extended sock won't work either. People have bis alts they would just camp alts at all interested targets and have a FTE tracker on each. When something pops they would all log to that alt and kill before going back to separate socks..sadly with this servers mentality the script idea is probably best, short of gms forcing the cowards into competing with C and really that's not fair either. Would be awesome to have a new server and everyone leave the douche guilds to circle jerk and have Noone to brag to

Fanguru
02-08-2015, 11:46 AM
If only we could put TMO and IB on their very own private server.

Resitance
02-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I dont think the problem is TMO or IB. The problem is population and server mechanics in general. Even if they had their own server, they would be replaced on p99 by guilds of similar actions. The only way to fix the problem is to update an old MMO mechanic that started and ended with EQ1. Every game company realized the mistakes and problems it caused and only gave players a few "World Bosses" for competition. Majority of storyline and guild advancement became private because 100% World does NOT work in favor of players to keep them happy for the MMO to make $