PDA

View Full Version : Create your perfect party.

Benedict
02-05-2015, 07:49 PM
I was dreaming today my friends weren't a bunch of best graphics chasing MMO'ers and thought wouldn't it be great if we all played EQ. But then I thought, well what would we all play? Assuming we were all completely non-twinked and were going to go through as many dungeons as possible to gear ourselves w/o outside assistance what would be the best setup?

Swish
02-05-2015, 08:18 PM
SK tank: Snap aggro and cheap mana to do it, keeps the low mana pool cleric's heals in one place.
Bard puller/luller: Good to supplement the low mana pool cleric and keep downtime to a minimum, plus nice haste songs etc. Bard dps is about the same whether they're using rusty weps or EC swag.
Cleric: CH later on, plus plenty of utility (roots, stuns, etc)
Shaman: Slows, heals, regens, stat buffs... you don't have the gear so these buffs will surely help. 2nd rooting class, handy.
Rogue: Even without their epics (shock horror) they're good dps relatively.
Mage: Pet dps is good, no gear required.

That'd be mine, but I know someone gonna complain about the lack of a monk ;)

kaev
02-05-2015, 08:19 PM
SK tank: Snap aggro and cheap mana to do it, keeps the low mana pool cleric's heals in one place.
Bard puller/luller: Good to supplement the low mana pool cleric and keep downtime to a minimum, plus nice haste songs etc. Bard dps is about the same whether they're using rusty weps or EC swag.
Shaman: Slows, heals, regens, stat buffs... you don't have the gear so these buffs will surely help. 2nd rooting class, handy.

Drop Cleric & Mage for Paladin & Ranger and you're there.

Swish
02-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Drop Cleric & Mage for Paladin & Ranger and you're there.

Would work well on red (in there on page 1)

Benedict
02-05-2015, 08:23 PM
No enchanter???

Malone88
02-05-2015, 08:25 PM
No enchanter???

Must have enchanter. Must.

Malone88
02-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Ditch mage and add an enchanter w/hasted pet.

Swish
02-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Bard can mez and short term charm, bard hastes... never underestimate a capable bard :p

Shaman slows ofc so that's covered.

Just trying to break the meta a bit ;)

Benedict
02-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I knew I shouldn't have posted this lol now I just want to play it. Why are some people just blinded by graphics.

arsenalpow
02-05-2015, 09:00 PM
warrior - best tank at mitigation, snap aggro is unnecessary as long as someone is rooting
enchanter - best CC, clarity for casters, haste for melees, charm pet for absurd dps, and can slow
cleric - best healer, rez keeps the group going in case an accident happens
monk - best puller, great dps, can offtank in a pinch
shaman - best slow, more hp buffs to make CH more efficient
variable slot - druid for ports, spot heals, and snare? rogue for lockpick and absurd dps? bard for all kinds of useful shit?

Tenlaar
02-05-2015, 09:12 PM
BARDTANK
Cleric
Shaman
Enchanter
Rogue
Any DPS/another enchanter/druid/wiz/whatevs

maskedmelon
02-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Paladin
Bard
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric

^^

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Ranger
Rogue x3
Bard w/ epic
Cleric

Calibretto
02-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Ranger
Rogue x3
Bard w/ epic
Cleric

This. Geared ranger is by far my favorite kunark tank.

Master Roshi
02-05-2015, 09:25 PM
For non twinks who will want to be fairly self sufficient as OP requested:

SK tank (snare/FD pull avail)
Monk - puller/dps/off tank
Cleric - heal
Druid - Back-up heals, dps/root/snare and ports (totally helps manage options for group to XP)
Enc - CC/Haste/Slow/Charm DPS
Necro - Back-up CC/roots/dps

For dungeons this is pretty nice, you have 3 FD pullers/survivors to maintain easy Corpse Runs (yes, it happens). A druid for evac if it hits the fan, plus letting you pick and choose what spots you want to XP at if your'e first pick is over-camped and you don't want to spend 20 mins getting from one side of EQ to the other. Aside from SK/Clr each class is dps, and as a plus, the chanter wont have to haste for more than 2 players, saving on mana.

Pan
02-05-2015, 09:34 PM
The two things that are /ooc-ed for most are ports and rezzes. If you're thinking of a completely self-sufficient group, I'd give that some consideration.

Erydan Ouragan
02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Paladin
Cleric
Enchanter
Necro
Druid
Mage

Perfect group right there. Everything is covered, no weak links and effective with a minimum amount of gear.

Doors
02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
SK tank for aggro
Cleric for heals
Shaman for buffs
Enchanter for CC
Two rogues for DPS

SK can pull a good enchanter can lock everything down. Shaman slows everything. Rogues blow everything up.

MaksimMazor
02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
3x rogues, paladin, shaman, enchanter

Daldaen
02-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Cleric
Magician
Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter
Enchanter

If no duplicate class is allowed...

Cleric
Druid
Shaman
Enchanter
Paladin
Bard

^ Undestructable, With charmed pet, DPS is a non issue. Double charmed pet in animal zones, ports, all buffs of importance... so baller

Kushie
02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
NECRO
NECRO
NECRO
NECRO
SHAMAN
CLERIC

Winning HS

Arclyte
02-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Ditch mage and add an enchanter w/hasted pet.

piss off nerd mage is pro

6 mages w/ 6 air pets, stun the enemy into submission and then recruit for jungle warfare

Jfertal
02-05-2015, 10:39 PM
warrior - best tank at mitigation, snap aggro is unnecessary as long as someone is rooting
enchanter - best CC, clarity for casters, haste for melees, charm pet for absurd dps, and can slow
cleric - best healer, rez keeps the group going in case an accident happens
monk - best puller, great dps, can offtank in a pinch
shaman - best slow, more hp buffs to make CH more efficient
variable slot - druid for ports, spot heals, and snare? rogue for lockpick and absurd dps? bard for all kinds of useful shit?

you're dense.

SK
Monk
Chanter
Cleric
Shaman
Rogue

Ella`Ella
02-05-2015, 10:51 PM
create your perfect party

3 Brunettes and a bottle of Don Julio

Benedict
02-05-2015, 11:22 PM

HAHAHA best answer yet

sox7d
02-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Ranger, Paladin, Shadowknight.

It would be unstoppable. Period.

Benedict
02-05-2015, 11:34 PM
Ranger, Paladin, Shadowknight.

It would be unstoppable. Period.

All troll race though correct?

fastboy21
02-05-2015, 11:50 PM
the best group is six folks that know their class, aren't jerk bags, and don't take long ninja afks. willing to play for 12 hours once we get to a good camp location.

the actual classes are almost irrelevant.

Maedhros
02-05-2015, 11:59 PM

QFT ! lol

fuark
02-06-2015, 12:08 AM
The two things that are /ooc-ed for most are ports and rezzes. If you're thinking of a completely self-sufficient group, I'd give that some consideration.

Using this and no twinking as part of the consideration, I'd submit:

Warrior
Monk
Wizard
Cleric
Shaman
Enchanter

This is with zero outside help at all. If ports are available, I'd trade the wizard for a rogue.

Shaniril
02-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Shadowknight - Snap aggro, Snare, feign pulling if needed (it wont be), pet for lulz.
Rogue - Melee DPS king. Opens crypt. Yes plz.
Bard - Capable bard does it all! Haste, slow, snare, pulls, mana, regen, charm, mez!
Enchanter - Primary mezzer, adds a ton of dps with a charmed pet. (charm or gtfo imo)
Shaman - Buffs! Torp! Slow! ...puppy?
[Extra Slot] - Yea, I honestly don't care what else joins if I see these 5!

Evia
02-06-2015, 12:59 AM
My dream newb group would go...

Tank Paladin: Great for dungeon crawls, especially ones with undead. Cheap to equip due to lack of people playing them. Great aggro gaining spells (and ones that don't break enchanter/bard mez!) and heals for downtime to assist the newbie cleric, and rezzes later in game incase the cleric ever happens to die (for whatever reason.)
Main HealerCleric: Best healer in game. Even without gear, they're awesome. CH + epic hp buffs + rezzes + Utility (roots/stuns)
Crowd Control/Utility Buffer/DPSer/semi-slowerEnchanter CC/Clarity for all mana users/Haste for all melees/Charmed pet for dps. A must have for any good dungeon crawl imho (well played bard can work too) they can slow as well if you decide against a shaman.
Puller/DpserMonk: Can be good even undergeared. can be god like when they get gear. Great puller/spliter which I think makes a good dungeon crawl painless. Plus they shell out some nice dps.
Slower/Buffer/UtilityShaman:Absolutely amazing for slowing, buffing, and dots can add to some nice dps in the long run of things.
Main DPSer Rogue: Great for unlocking doors in dungeons to avoid having to get keys. Great dps class makes the exp bar flow.

------

Possible replacements for rogue or shaman (if you ok with enchanter slowing, and monk being only real dps class) are Necro, (for giving mana to cleric, below average to moderate dps, other utility)Druid/Wizard, (for ports/evacs/backup heals as druid or burst dps as wizard) or bard (for a lil' bit of everything)

That's my choices anyway

w1zard
02-06-2015, 01:08 AM
SK
Cleric
Enchanter
Rogue
Monk
Shaman

I play a wizard.

Pint
02-06-2015, 01:14 AM
me + whoever else is lfg, no fail grp guaranteed, the rest of you are cowards

zanderklocke
02-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Bard
Shaman
Monk
Cleric
Enchanter
Shadow Knight

Benedict
02-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Bard
Shaman
Monk
Cleric
Enchanter
Shadow Knight

I'm seeing a lot of bard recommendations. Don't they all die an early death from carpel tunnel

Master Roshi
02-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Could always mix it up and go pure Assling group for kicks.

War/Rog/Rog/Rog/Clr/Dru

XP B0000st

Nefarum
02-06-2015, 04:54 AM
Using this and no twinking as part of the consideration, I'd submit:

Warrior
Monk
Wizard
Cleric
Shaman
Enchanter

This is with zero outside help at all. If ports are available, I'd trade the wizard for a rogue.

This is the correct answer.

Vart
02-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Cleric
War
Monk
Chanter
Rogue
Rogue

Sorry caster dps classes but this is group never has to med.

toolshed
02-06-2015, 05:14 AM
SK
Cleric
Shaman
Druid
Necro
Monk

This group can do any groupable content in the game. Shm+Enc in the same group is redundant. Nec>Enc for 96% rezzes after FD in dungeon crawls. If you have a competent puller, you shouldn't be seeing any more than three mobs in camp. Nec can easily mez 2 mobs at a time and also has FD so they are great for CC

Weidar
02-06-2015, 05:28 AM
I would go for this combo.

Druid
Cleric
Shaman
Warrior
Monk
Necro

Swish
02-06-2015, 05:32 AM
I'm seeing a lot of bard recommendations. Don't they all die an early death from carpel tunnel

That or they're out being solo neckbeards running around Norrath in circles.

Messie
02-06-2015, 05:57 AM
I ran with a group that was very solid back in the 20s- late 40s. It was Monk, SK, Mage, Druid, Shaman, ench. We did very well and never really ran into many problems. It was a blast !

Herpa Derp
02-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Ikky Shaman
Ikky Monk
Ikky Monk
Ikky SK/War
Ikky Necro
Another Ikky Shaman/SK

Stormfists
02-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Is there even any contest?

Cleric, dwarf
Rogue, dwarf
Rogue, dwarf
Rogue, dwarf
Chanter, dwarf illusion
Warrior, ogre with decent aggro proc weap / shrink so looks dwarf-ish

Guild name "Snow White".

=P

Full stop.

Mirana
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Approaching this from a "6 man team leveling from scratch with the intent of one grouping the most difficult possible content endgame while still having the necessities covered."

Warrior - best mitigation
Enc - mana regen, cc, charm op
Cleric - gotta have one
Bard - better pullers than monks outside of planes, and it isnt close
Rogue - deeps
Druid - ports, offheals, utility

Could sub in wiz/sham for rog/dru

Erica
02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric, Bard, Rogue, Rogue

Bard chain pulling providing extra mana/resists/stats off and on. Hasted enchanter pet + a little bit of bard charming + two hasted rogues = we are going to run out of merbs.

Tenlaar
02-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Shm+Enc in the same group is redundant.

Dude, just...no. So much no.

Millburn
02-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Shm+Enc in the same group is redundant.

See you would think that but it's actually not true at all.

Shaman and Enchanter do have some overlap but where they differentiate is what makes them strong and where they do overlap they compliment each other so well it's also what makes them even stronger.

Shaman can stack debuff for chanter charms which makes a chanters life SO MUCH BETTER. Shamans can also take over slow duty and with chanter giving out crack on top of canni shamans can actually take over at primary healer with all the crowd control and slow that's being tossed out.

Shaman + Chanter actually results in increased efficiency without having drawback.

Confit
02-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Enchanter w/ charm pet.
Enchanter w/ charm pet.
Enchanter w/ charm pet.
Enchanter w/ charm pet.
Necro.
Cleric.

Best group I've ever been in!

Erica
02-06-2015, 01:54 PM
See you would think that but it's actually not true at all.

Shaman and Enchanter do have some overlap but where they differentiate is what makes them strong and where they do overlap they compliment each other so well it's also what makes them even stronger.

Shaman can stack debuff for chanter charms which makes a chanters life SO MUCH BETTER. Shamans can also take over slow duty and with chanter giving out crack on top of canni shamans can actually take over at primary healer with all the crowd control and slow that's being tossed out.

Shaman + Chanter actually results in increased efficiency without having drawback.

Sham + Chanter is good, I just hate the occasional one who doesn't want to use a charmed pet even with a sham in the group. He basically just wanted to cast haste/C2 and sit around, no CC was needed.

holkan
02-06-2015, 02:52 PM
SK enc cleric bard mage mage

Velerin
02-06-2015, 03:01 PM
6 mages, plow thru zones, win.

captnamazing
02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
halfling warrior
halfling cleric
halfling rogue
halfling druid
halfling rogue
halfling rogue

permacamping runnyeye

Kimm Bare|y
02-06-2015, 03:17 PM
http://sparksheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/hugh-hephner-chicago-playboy-club.jpg

Rayzor84
02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
5 chanters with charmed pets, 1 shaman.

azeth
02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
For xp:

Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Monk
Bard
Cleric

maskedmelon
02-06-2015, 03:47 PM
This could be fun:

Erudite Paladin
Erudite Cleric
Erudite Enchanter
Erudite Wizard
Erudite Magician
Erudite Necromancer

Guild name: Mensa

applesauce25r624
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM
This could be fun:

Erudite Paladin
Erudite Cleric
Erudite Enchanter
Erudite Wizard
Erudite Magician
Erudite Necromancer

Guild name: Mensa

sounds more like a gang of crips

Benedict
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Kimm that picture actually looks like a soft core version of living hell! Can you imagine all the problems that man has to listen to? Makes me just shudder

iruinedyourday
02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Best group is:

Tank: Warrior/paly - this one is tough, a war is endgame by far a better tank, but up until 60 the paly is a little more efficent if you subtract the XP penalty, thier agro is faster and better, they have some great utility etc. but at 60 youll want a war if you go that high to 1 group Ragefire ixi or the like. However a Paly to revive the cleric and have backup /camp'er during a wipe pull is a nice feature though, arguably Paly! Ixi is the only mob Ive felt a monk/paly isnt able to tank as well as a war though - lots of good reasons to have a paly instead of war, but if you want to do the big stuff at 60 in vellious the war may be better?
CC:Enchanter - This guy is your key to any named in the game, lull your way into a open camp with your group, CC and DPS while you keep your group at full mana.
Heals:Cleric - you're gonna need one for obvious resons.
Utility:Shaman - the additional dps isnt very valuable but the buffs slows and backup heals are. Your cleric will never be OOM and your tanks will be performing optimally - aoe slow for enchanter backup power.
Puller:Monk - dont do bard, just dont. a monk at 60 can tank fine for you for like 95% of the content your group is capable of farming. the DPS is way more valuble than pulling well level 30-50, and you wont need the extra mana regen with an enchanter, and a shaman slowing and backup healing when necessary.
DPS:Rog - you'll want a rog so you can swoop into the crypt or something at 55 - you could have a wiz rep this one for ports but seriously who cares, ports are ez to comeby, needing someone to unlock a door in HS when you are there and ready to go after everyone hammering there from all over norrath, is more frequent.

toolshed
02-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Best group is:

Tank: Warrior (you could rep with Paly for groupage, but at 60 youll want one if you go that high to 1 group rage fire ixi or the like. A Paly to revive the cleric and have backup /camp is a nice feature though, arguably Paly! Ixi is the only mob Ive felt a monk/paly isnt able to tank as well as a war though - lots of good reasons to have a paly instead of war, but if you want to do the big stuff at 60 in vellious the war may be better?)
CC:Enchanter
Heals:Cleric
Utility:Shaman
Puller:Monk
DPS:Rog

In what possible wipe situation does the MT live but the cleric die?

Heebo
02-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Bard
Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric

iruinedyourday
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
In what possible wipe situation does the MT live but the cleric die?

I updated my post with some descriptions, also some waffling on deciding war or paly for the right choice.. that slot is a tough call!

oh you know those situations where everyone is /camping while the enchanter is keeping shit locked down? I suppose a Main tank /camping could be worse and you are probubly right, i just thought the option would be nice, but maybe that seals the deal, no paly all War?

But with this group you wont wipe anyway :P

and to specifically answer your question, in a very bad shitty situation where you're like 8( 'I guess were done for the night' lolz

BlkCamel
02-07-2015, 02:01 AM
you're dense.

SK
Monk
Chanter
Cleric
Shaman
Rogue

We have a winner!:D