PDA

View Full Version : chardok aoe diminishing

topgun1027
02-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Chardok aoe where are thou?

Are there no good chanters anymore I've noticed a lot of wipes lately then the group dies and breaks .. was in a group where it was 3 tmo enchanters they booted out others saying they were the cause and then they failed too. Than got res's up and went ld / left the rest hanging. (Not the first time this has happened recently)

Its not just tmo chanters but that was just a recent group I saw. There was a long stretch where we couldn't get into the chardok groups because of the lines of people waiting... this last month or two you can sit in chardok for hours with no aoe group going.

Any thoughts ? Please share / discuss!

botrainer
02-05-2015, 04:57 PM
With the recent turn of more socking within the class R and C (now that Taken is twice the raid force of any one or actually 2 guilds can summon) Guild members who sock everything are to tired and have their toons leveled. Good luck on finding them they will become more rare as time goes on. Server numbers are gonna drop, smaller class R guilds will fade in numbers, and a time will come when no one cares to log in anymore. But I do really wish you luck in finding the AFK way to level up.

Juevento
02-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Gonna get to the point where you need 4 enchanters to do it with the resist changes.

topgun1027
02-05-2015, 05:03 PM
With the recent turn of more socking within the class R and C (now that Taken is twice the raid force of any one or actually 2 guilds can summon) Guild members who sock everything are to tired and have their toons leveled. Good luck on finding them they will become more rare as time goes on. Server numbers are gonna drop, smaller class R guilds will fade in numbers, and a time will come when no one cares to log in anymore. But I do really wish you luck in finding the AFK way to level up.

Well when you already have 5 or so level 60's its quite convenient to do chardok aoe.

Lyrith
02-05-2015, 05:06 PM
You answered your own question...

There was a long stretch where we couldn't get into the chardok groups because of the lines of people waiting...

The people that were around at Kunark opening or playing after have all used this place up and dried it out, for their characters, their friends characters, their wizard alts, their ranger trackers...

Now you have a influx of new players due to Reddit/Twitch/Word of Mouth and these people don't have 4-6k an hour to spend on pulls for powerlevels. So people aren't there selling proxies all the time... Most people were always here to make money or help their guild mates level. It was never actually about leveling in the dungeon.

Burrito
02-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Chardok is becoming the way of the non-high ZEM pick up group. Where you have to spend time to find the people able to join you on your zany dungeon adventure. Except as mentioned above, nobody is buying proxies anymore, and without people buying proxies you have to find people who know it well enough and are interested in helping a friend, their own character, or spent the time finding someone willing to pay to a proxy.

Proxies were easy to find before- but outside of the reasons mentioned already, chardok groups are becoming so inconsistent, and so infrequent, it's harder to convince someone to purchase pulls.

Anyway- I have people I'd like to run through chardok, so HMU.

Man0warr
02-05-2015, 07:51 PM
All the BDA chanters (myself, Dizey, Seregan, Xlarety, etc) all got our chars to 60, RIP chardok.

Juevento
02-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Always ensure your Chardok enchanters are #1 stunna certified.

http://www.blackbikerclubs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/number-one-stunnas.jpg

Swish
02-05-2015, 08:08 PM
All the BDA chanters (myself, Dizey, Seregan, Xlarety, etc) all got our chars to 60, RIP chardok.

Pretty sure Dizey did some work in HS, never heard of the others.

Juevento
02-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Confirmed non-factor.

Swish
02-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Confirmed non-factor.

Poor Dizey, is BDA really a tough love guild like that? :(

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Poor Dizey, is BDA really a tough love guild like that? :(

It is if you want any loot I hear.
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah84/detroitvelvet/large-leatherpride29-e1331734356904_zps4766a036.jpg

Nuggie
02-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Holy yikes, that picture Detroit

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-06-2015, 07:55 AM
im sorry i really thought this was rnf.

thieros
02-06-2015, 09:00 AM
AE is stepping back to allow for all those pick up Chardok dungeon crawler groups people have been raving for in the forums. Its a thriving zone for exp, loot & fun

ʎɐp uʍop ǝpᴉsdn

Daldaen
02-06-2015, 09:33 AM
I did see a shaman soloing the entrance!

Joyelle
02-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I did see a shaman soloing the entrance!

orly?!

Bill Tetley
02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Fact of the matter is with recent changes 3 Enchanters for 120+ mobs isn't going to cut it. You will get lucky here and there but for the most part AE has been failing not because of players that can't quickly click 3 stun spells but because of the lack of spells succeeding to land and then the mobs summoning. Pull less mobs or add an additional Enchanter to succeed.

Man0warr
02-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Fact of the matter is with recent changes 3 Enchanters for 120+ mobs isn't going to cut it. You will get lucky here and there but for the most part AE has been failing not because of players that can't quickly click 3 stun spells but because of the lack of spells succeeding to land and then the mobs summoning. Pull less mobs or add an additional Enchanter to succeed.

What changes? We did 3 enchanters even with the 1% resist chance for all spells, and that was removed last patch.

Since then I've done Chardok a few times with no issues pulling 120-150 mobs (with competent enchanters). Sounds like the quality of players has just dipped.

Adding an 8th person to the equation requires sitting out 1/3rd of the pulls for your proxy, too.

Bill Tetley
02-06-2015, 11:34 AM
What changes? We did 3 enchanters even with the 1% resist chance for all spells, and that was removed last patch.

Since then I've done Chardok a few times with no issues pulling 120-150 mobs (with competent enchanters). Sounds like the quality of players has just dipped.

Adding an 8th person to the equation requires sitting out 1/3rd of the pulls for your proxy, too.

I don't think it has anything to do with the players. It's really not difficult what so ever... Lets not pretend it is. If you had a successful run then imo you just got lucky with resists and the amount of high level mobs in the pack.

Tuljin
02-06-2015, 12:04 PM
There's always a percentage of failure on Chardok pulls no matter what. Its not a matter of "skill" as much as it is not being a complete idiot. Even if you do everything "right" there's still a chance of failure.

Chardok AOE started as a way for certain guilds to crank out lvl 60 toons in anticipation of a Velious that has been "coming out in 3 months" for two years. Its dying off because its pretty much a scam.

People don't pay for proxy pulls anymore because people have become hip to how bogus it is. Really how much time are you actually saving paying for proxy spots to lvl? All errors included you're lucky to get a pull on total average every 45 minutes. You're paying thousands per pull, and it takes time to make plat, unless you RMT it (which is undoubtedly rampant at AOE) Things stop adding up very quickly and its not even worth doing the math.

And get this - - you may see the ppl who make plat off chardok AOE flossin' with their Manarobes etc but here's another sad part of the math - how many hours of AOE proxying does it take to make 100k? 300k? That's another number that stops making sense after very little time thinking about it.

Man0warr
02-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Most the people I know who did/do Chardok don't pay a dime - you just get another guildie to swap proxies with your character and theirs. Literally no one was selling proxies because it's much easier to get your characters leveled this way.

I don't think it has anything to do with the players. It's really not difficult what so ever... Lets not pretend it is. If you had a successful run then imo you just got lucky with resists and the amount of high level mobs in the pack.

The last time I did Chardok (the weekend after the last patch), I think we did 25 out of 27 successful pulls in about 9-10 hours. Around ~130 mobs per pull.

That was with a good puller who knew how to space out mobs, good cleric who knew when to click off DA to heal if the pull was roughing up the enchanters, and 3 good enchanters with no lag (Myself, Seregan, and Chewboxxa I think).

The DPS can be idiots, but those 5 all need to be rock solid.

That's not luck.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-06-2015, 12:29 PM

You forgot to add the part where the Sun gradually runs out of fuel, goes nova, swallows all the planets out to Mars, boils away the atmospheres of Saturn and Jupiter, briefly life flourishes then dies on a suddenly warm Neptune, before the Sun shrinks down to a cold small dark cinder floating in dead, space, the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxies merge, but in the end the second law of thermodynamics wins and all the stars grow dark and the entire cosmos dies in the empty cold nothingness of an expended universe, leaving TMO with not enough people to even nab a Gorenair spawn.

jpetrick
02-06-2015, 12:54 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about

maurilax
02-06-2015, 02:38 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1615525&postcount=879

captnamazing
02-06-2015, 03:07 PM
You forgot to add the part where the Sun gradually runs out of fuel, goes nova, swallows all the planets out to Mars, boils away the atmospheres of Saturn and Jupiter, briefly life flourishes then dies on a suddenly warm Neptune, before the Sun shrinks down to a cold small dark cinder floating in dead, space, the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxies merge, but in the end the second law of thermodynamics wins and all the stars grow dark and the entire cosmos dies in the empty cold nothingness of an expended universe, leaving TMO with not enough people to even nab a Gorenair spawn.

:cool:

Swish
02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1615525&postcount=879

Ahh, now I know of you on paper Xlarety... maybe we'll get to group together someday :)

Gimp
02-06-2015, 04:34 PM
None of the good chanters go anymore. I got tired of it quickly.

Mendo
02-06-2015, 04:55 PM
The problem is that it is super boring! I did it w/ my wizard to in group dps up to 60 from 53. Then I spent one day doing proxies from about 7am PST to about 8pm PST and made 39k. I have yet to do it again...