PDA

View Full Version : Give me hope

Leamam
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
So, I hit 35 the other day on my mage, and I went to OT to group. I was instantly reminded how horrendously slow the exp is here. Can anyone give me some hope, because I want to give up....

86753o9
02-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Hope is the first step on the path to disappointment.

Herpa Derp
02-06-2015, 03:55 AM
I had better luck getting to 40 in MM.

Susvain2
02-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Late 30s can be annoying. Mistmoore Castle ent/Castle or Solb for groups. I usually do 40>50 in SolB. nice and easy and good money

Mistle
02-06-2015, 04:50 AM
Get out of those awful outdoor low zem low challenge low skill level bards everywhere zones.

I'd go to LGuk personally. But there are more groups in MM.

Messie
02-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Lguk!!

theaetatus
02-06-2015, 06:26 AM
So, I hit 35 the other day on my mage, and I went to OT to group. I was instantly reminded how horrendously slow the exp is here. Can anyone give me some hope, because I want to give up....

Don't forget 35 is a hell level so the xp may seem particularly slow but 36 will fly by in comparison.

Nisei
02-06-2015, 06:38 AM
I did 40-50 in SolB in a day.

Stormfists
02-06-2015, 06:55 AM
Go to Lavastorm headed for SolB Royals.

/w all 40 49 cleric
/w all 40 49 tanky
/w all 40 49 enchanter
/w all 40 49 rogue
/w all 40 49 monk

/tell xxx Hey bud, fancy solb royals?

Minimum is typically tank/chanter/cleric but have done it with 4 dps / tank / cleric.

Form at zone in, head in together, camp champion room, get 2 levels in 5 hours ( I did 35 in about 3 hours, 36 in 2 hours), done.

My cleric did 34-40 there in a few days and I play very very part time.

Make your own luck dewd! Persist!

... and I dont wanna hear "but im a mage" - I did the same tactic with a 36 ranger.

I had better luck getting to 40 in MM.

PS, avoid MM like the plague unless majorly twinked soloing and/or being PLed - simply aren't enough mobs to sustain the bloodlust.

chuggy
02-06-2015, 07:16 AM
30+ is just boring, everquest 4 life

Estu
02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Get out of those awful outdoor low zem low challenge low skill level bards everywhere zones.

Rayzor84
02-06-2015, 11:18 AM
FV ledge, soared to 40.

Honest
02-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Kaesora is great for exp at this lvl

Crawdad
02-06-2015, 11:36 AM
35 is god awful slow, remember.

Group up in CoM, LGuk, SolX, MM... thankfully, 35+ you have tons of fun dungeons to head to, and Hey, at least you're not a wizard.

Formshifter
02-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Start a group and hit the basement of kaesora. There's a pretty great camp beside the library there

Velerin
02-06-2015, 11:48 AM
It's boring as hell but short of finding a great fast paced group in one of those dungeons OT is your best solo consistent exp as a mage at that level (all the way to 40s)
Park focused fire pet on wall. Run out and pull the lowest blue con mob you can find (OT has a range so you move up in mobs with level)
Sick pet (if you picked well its a mob that your pet can solo), reclaim at mob <5%, nuke for full exp, make new pet, park and repeat. Non-stop pulls, no downtime.
Yes, its boring but no where else are there:
1. endless mobs to pull (yes even with bards kiting)
2. pretty damn hard to ever not pull a single (low agro, things don't assist other types)
3. no casters

Yes, its boring but there's no more consistent experience for a solo mage. Sure you can solo solB, LGuk, but eventually you'll die, get adds you can't handle, mob will run and while you reclaimed pet and it turned a corner and you were too slow to nuke him and he found friends and you gotta zone/die/gate.
But try to find good groups in those dungeons since it is much more fun. And break up the monotony by soloing in those dungeons (though it'll be slower as a mage)

Good luck! (and 35 is slowww)

maskedmelon
02-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Set small measurable goals for each play session (for me at that level I think it was 2 blue) and be consistent about it. That is how I've solo'd my paladin, the the bar lowers with each hell level ^^

Whirled
02-06-2015, 02:04 PM
35 is god awful slow, remember.

Group up in CoM, LGuk, SolX, MM... thankfully, 35+ you have tons of fun dungeons to head to, and Hey, at least you're not a wizard.

I believe Juntsie will be seeing emails from my wizard brethren over this atrocity :D

azeth
02-06-2015, 02:13 PM

stay away from zones without a ZEM and xp flies

Sage Truthbearer
02-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Pretty much nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Stay away from OT, it's a terrible zone for non-Bards.

Jaxon
02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Unrest knight tower all the way to 40. Fast spawn, low HP mobs, and high ZEM.

perditionparty
02-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Unrest knight tower all the way to 40. Fast spawn, low HP mobs, and high ZEM.

When I went to Unrest at 18, I thought, maybe I'll get out of here in a 4 or 5 levels. With the constant trains and death almost at every corner, I was counting the days to get out of there. However, with the ease of finding a group - I'm dreading the fact that I will probably be there till mid 30s.

Daldaen
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM
The trains become mostly a non-issue once you hit low 20s.

At that level you're on the second floor. Almost never is there anyone in the bar training you, at worst the person in tower may train out. But that camp is fairly easy to handle. At FP you never need to deal with basement trains.

If you are having trouble splitting camps, invite a druid or ranger. Harmony makes that zone a breeze to pull. Once a druid gets wolf form and harmony, they are master pullers.

perditionparty
02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
The trains become mostly a non-issue once you hit low 20s.

At that level you're on the second floor. Almost never is there anyone in the bar training you, at worst the person in tower may train out. But that camp is fairly easy to handle. At FP you never need to deal with basement trains.

If you are having trouble splitting camps, invite a druid or ranger. Harmony makes that zone a breeze to pull. Once a druid gets wolf form and harmony, they are master pullers.

You're not factoring in people who run around and train, KS from overpopulation, people who join a group and AFK, people who don't know how to play their class, trying to run and getting ghoul rooted, getting 2 or 3 shotted by hags, accidentally pulling the named mob and pet; all of which has happened at least once per day since I've been there.

HOWEVER, this is all senseless whining. As long as you keep pushing on, the XP is very good and unrest has been good to me in the regard.