PDA

View Full Version : Wheres all the GM events been at.

Kagey
02-05-2015, 02:06 PM
When I first started here I was a little weary about the amount of GM attention the server would receive. But then at level 16ish I was in Kurns Tower and was witnessed to one of the best GM events I've seen in awhile.

Because I was too low I obviously couldn't join in but dropping Delf masks n such made me excited to take part in another when I was 50+

Here I am now at 55+ and no sightings of another GM event. Is Velious taking so much a toll that their is no time for these events until release? which is no where in sight.

Whirled
02-05-2015, 02:11 PM
https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQspHH0YlcXiRqmS4Vlq1XHyBjoBmEYm 5kPtrwHFuKfqVzQCIlv0A

myriverse
02-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Majority being punished cuz of the raid scene.

skitterburst
02-05-2015, 02:16 PM
they hate us now

Ele
02-05-2015, 02:21 PM
#Uthgaard'sIronFist

#RolePlayUthgaardStyle

Argh
02-05-2015, 02:26 PM
There have been a bunch of minor GM events since July of last year, like gnome races or runs following willowisps from EC to Qeynos for rings of shadow, or numerous GM events on red. GM events aren't announced so if you're not on to see them happen you probably wouldn't notice that they happened at all.

Larger scale GM events require some level of scripting and since it has been all hands on deck for Velious, I'd imagine that there aren't a lot of people clamoring to take a break from scripting in their spare time by scripting in their spare time for benign events.

kaev
02-05-2015, 02:28 PM
There have been a bunch of minor GM events since July of last year, like gnome races or runs following willowisps from EC to Qeynos for rings of shadow, or numerous GM events on red. GM events aren't announced so if you're not on to see them happen you probably wouldn't notice that they happened at all.

Larger scale GM events require some level of scripting and since it has been all hands on deck for Velious, I'd imagine that there aren't a lot of people clamoring to take a break from scripting in their spare time by scripting in their spare time for benign events.

Maybe we could entice them by asking for malignant events?

Crawdad
02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
The Development Team is different from those who would script/run GM events. Uthgaard's gone, and I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knew how to script super-cool GM events.

Gooch
02-05-2015, 02:49 PM
I imagine the number of GM events is inversely proportional to the amount of petition questing, forum lawyering, bitching about rotation, and making names like Dickpouch McMeatwallet.

kaev
02-05-2015, 02:57 PM
The Development Team is different from those who would script/run GM events. Uthgaard's gone, and I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knew how to script super-cool GM events.

The event Kagey mentioned was run by Derubael, Uthgaard was long gone.

I imagine the number of GM events is inversely proportional to the amount of petition questing, forum lawyering, bitching about rotation, and making names like Dickpouch McMeatwallet.

PetitionQuest probably spot on there. A GM's gotta want to do an event and have time to put it together, PetitionQuest surely drains both of those resources.

skootr
02-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last GM "event" I encountered was a GM/guide popping up in front of my Oasis group, asking if anyone wanted to go to the tower of terror! I quickly said YES. So I was teleported to the top of one of the big stone pillars in Oasis and left to my own devices. I actually managed to jump down one of the sides and bounced off a few curves of the pillar and lived. GM informed me he was not expecting me to live, and gave me a stack of magic burritos! A different group mate was subjected to the same situation and died, no burritos for them!

Long story short, if a GM asks if you want to see the tower of terror, the answer is NO unless you want magic burritos.

Crawdad
02-05-2015, 04:20 PM
The event Kagey mentioned was run by Derubael, Uthgaard was long gone.

I can't find the direct quote, but either Sirken or Deru have said on here/Reddit that Uthgaard is/was the only GM with the know-how and inclination to script "Super-cool" GM events that require more know-how than the current staff has.

Uth was part of the Dev Team, though, so my first comment is wrong.. and also probably why he knew how to do super-cool GM events.

Laugher
02-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Double xp week again would be awesome :D

Lyrith
02-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Double xp week again would be awesome :D

I feel like this is something that could be done, and it would help some of the newer people to the server level up. Are Rumbles/Repops done? Only been 1 of those so far this year as well?

There are always just soo many things involved, maybe they coded hard for a long time and had to take a break. Maybe Velious is a priority? Maybe RL stuff came up and they are working on that? Maybe they hate how the raid scene is going right now, maybe they feel like people don't deserve stuff or are ungrateful.

I bet if everyone donated as much as they wanted something changed, or improved, or done for the community the staff would be more inclined to work harder. (If that's possible, I know they work really hard)

I know they want to do stuff, I have talked to Sirken in the past with a GM event idea and he LOVED it and it would have been really cool. It just takes time and coding, most of us have trouble finding time to play the game on a daily/weekly basis. I cannot imagine those guys schedules.

Speedi
02-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Been on p99 5 months. Ain't saw one yet

Rararboker
02-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Last event I saw was in DL for thanksgiving I think. Hunted giant turkeys and everyone was posting links to their nice gear and claiming the turkeys were dropping it. They weren't.

loramin
02-05-2015, 08:07 PM
I bet if everyone donated as much as they wanted something changed, or improved, or done for the community the staff would be more inclined to work harder. (If that's possible, I know they work really hard)

Nah; they've done studies and it turns out that smart, professional people (which I'm sure includes the P99 team) aren't really motivated by money. I think the "don't pester them with wasteful petitions" idea is more likely to work ... although good luck on making that happen.