PDA

View Full Version : Green aggro - dungeons

Anxarcule
02-05-2015, 09:15 AM
I used to hunt in SolA for awhile and did a bit of farming but one thing I noticed about that zone is that even the low green goblins would always jump me. Their aggro radius was reduced, but if not for FD I'd have to fight my way through them each time.

I visited Temple of Droga awhile back when mobs were high blue to me and want to head back there to camp for items; can I walk past everything if it is green or will they all jump me (assuming I don't have invis).

Is this behavior typical of most dungeons?

Mirana
02-05-2015, 09:24 AM
From my experience playing, the determining factor is level difference (as you mentioned) and the zone. Plane of Fear, obviously, has a super high aggro radius, whereas in some zones you have to stand on top of the mobs for them to attack you. I would suspect that the goblins will still aggro you.

That said, I seem to recall that droga is 0% see invis, so some cloudy pots should get the job done in this instance.

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Well its a behavior specific to certain mobs, but I can't think of any dungeon mobs not populated with kos greens. Basically don't expect an easy time getting through a dungeon without invis and even that might not help. A given mob's agro radius will reduce in size the higher level you are, so being level 60 and having a sow can get you through many kos green areas untouched.

Anxarcule
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I suspected as much - in outdoor zones I notice that some KOS mobs won't touch me (guards, animals) if they are green to me so I think a big part of it is zone related. My only foray into Droga I saw a red bard run by and get jumped by mobs that conned low blue to me, and without invis breaking through the 100 mobs to get to a camp would be a chore.

I would go the cloudy potion method but aren't they crazy expensive? Like 1k?

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Larrikin Masks are the cheapest invis item. It's 10 charges of sup. camo and castable on group members. Costs 250-500p and it's incredibly cheap to recharge if you have another on an alt. Tbh I should probably get one on my rogue just to invis others with.

Manticmuse
02-05-2015, 09:38 AM
cloudy potion is a fairly cheap vendor item. check the wiki for a list of vendors

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Rings of Shadow are a more expensive, instant and self only invis option. 3 charge rings which are fairly cheap to recharge and aren't lore, so you can do it with one character.

Anxarcule
02-05-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm on red so no recharges for me - but never heard of that item. Looking into it now :)

I checked for cloudy potion prices, but then only time I saw one for sale is was 990ishpp from my recollection. Will check again

Cecily
02-05-2015, 09:45 AM
I believe you're thinking of gate potions. The Larry kin is found in Seb off the named jugg above crypt door. 10 charges still last a long time.

Byrjun
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Cloudy Potions are like 11 plat off NPC potion vendors.

Argh
02-05-2015, 11:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J5rWfaH.png

ClownGuild
02-05-2015, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J5rWfaH.png

Great now everyone on Red knows where he is headed. Corpse camp time!

Anxarcule
02-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info and map!

Although based on the location I think you'll need to get in line with the guards :)