PDA

View Full Version : Neriak Factions

Khatilly
02-05-2015, 01:37 AM
On my human agnostic monk I've gotten the guards to let me in,but is there a way to
improve caster factions in there? Would like to be able to bank/vendor there.(Yeah I'm a little off in the head)

Last time I tried a troll ate my face. When it wasn't the casters nuking for 25% of my health. Wheeee.

Mentathiel
02-05-2015, 06:36 AM
As long as the vendors like you, just head straight to Neriak Commons (do not go into the south-western section of the Foreign Quarter, the ogre guards there are on a different faction) and use the bank in Neriak Underground. Head left twice (east, then north) when you cross the bridge and use the entrance near the Third Gate zone-line instead of the one next to the casters' guild and uncomfortably close to the warriors' guild; it is a slightly longer run past the Blind Fish and a couple of shops, but there's a little more chance of surviving the experience.

As to the original question; casters are on The Spurned (http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Spurned) faction and the wiki lists no way of improving it. No quests, no NPCs to murder, nothing. That is not to say that there is no way, just nothing listed.

On the other hand, you mentioned getting nuked while trying to use the bank; that sounds like Razran F`Lok, a wizard who is apparently on The Dead (http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Dead) (necromancer) faction. If that's your issue, there are a few quests to raise that faction, but many of them seem to involve being able to visit the Necromancer guild or Oggok...

Lojik
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Factions inside Neriak, aside from dreadguard and dark bargainers, can only only be raised at the expense of other factions inside neriak (and it's a real pain in the butt.) I tried to become nonkos in every city zone in the game on my wizard, and Neriak has been the only place I haven't been able to become nonkos everywhere.

Khatilly
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Was afraid of that. Thanks. guess i'll save my faction madness for when I get to Kunark and try to fix Cabilis

Mentathiel
02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
So, in a display of startling irony, the best hope of ever being accepted in every race's starting city would be to play a dark elf (the archetypal evil race and worshipers of the very embodiment of hatred) and then choose to play a caster, aligning yourself with a bunch of pariahs even within dark elven culture?