PDA

View Full Version : New development after Velious?

squarez
02-04-2015, 07:38 PM
With all the recent controversy over the dissolution of rotations in the raiding scene, I wanted to bring up this topic to see if there were still discussions regarding development after Velious? The rumor I heard awhile ago was that Red/Blue would be kept in a preserved/classic state of the game, and a new server would be started where Velious left off, with refinements and new content in the spirit of classic.

In my opinion, I think the debate over making rules and systems to manage the old game beyond word of mouth agreements between guilds is undermining the purpose of P1999 servers: to remain classic. Rather, more support of a new branch/server that is open to new content and refinements on the problems of old EQ seems like a better use of one's efforts.

Just curious on people's thoughts toward new development and what the devs were planning on doing after Velious.

Swish
02-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Custom content was something being considered.

Hopefully once Velious is released there'll be a PvP teams server in the pipeline <3

Haynar
02-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Skipping luclin and pop. Going straight to LDoN. FTW!!?!?!

Haynar
02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Truthfully, should go for some zones in various expansions. I would start by adding a zone by master yael in the hole. Maybe have it connect to torgiran's mines in LoY. Then have mines go into other zones, not necessarily LoY zones.

H

loramin
02-04-2015, 08:44 PM
The thing you have to remember about the custom stuff is that it won't happen (if at all) until AFTER Velious AND every post-Velious patch has been completed. If you look at the wiki page that lists all those patches, and then you look at the development team's pace on previous patches, and then you do the math ... they should be done by like 2018 (or so).

In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for custom content if I were you.

Skipping luclin and pop. Going straight to LDoN. FTW!!?!?!
I <3 Haynar posts.

Truthfully, should go for some zones in various expansions. I would start by adding a zone by master yael in the hole. Maybe have it connect to torgiran's mines in LoY. Then have mines go into other zones, not necessarily LoY zones.

H

That sounds awesome.

Danyelle
02-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Custom content is a good idea. As a separate server. give people options.

Playable kitties?