PDA

View Full Version : Crushbone Belts

Amalec
02-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I've just started on the server and I'm currently at level 8 with HE Enchanter. When I hit level 7 I used about 12 of the CB belts I'd saved to push me straight to lvl 8, thinking going from 7 to 8 with lvl 4 spells would be a pain otherwise. I'm almost to lvl 9 now, and I've got about 30 belts saved. My intent was to turn them all in when I hit level 11 to push me up to 12. Now I've started to worry that I'll hit lvl 11 and find the quest trivia or some such.

So, my questions:

Is there an efficient level to use CB belts, or do they give a flat amount of xp regardless?
Is there a level CB belts become trivia?
Is this a good plan, or would I be better off turning in the belts right away and getting into a higher lvl group?

Any thoughts?

Wargrade
02-04-2015, 01:25 AM
You could sell the belts for around 3p each for spell funds. I think I read the turnings stop being good at 14.

Master Roshi
02-04-2015, 02:04 AM
saving for a boost at 11 isn't a bad plan, they work fine up to 14. I've used them up to 16 plenty, though the lego pads work much nicer once you can start soloing them.

joedirt87
02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I always sold mine. As a new player its one of the easier ways to make plat. Helped me afford a set of Cured Silk Armor and a Wus Quivering Staff on my Monk. Levels come by pretty quick in Crushbone.

ripwind
02-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Lego pads are good til about 18, CB belts are good until about 13ish. However, depending on your situation, you might find that you'd rather have 90+ plat in your pocket. :)

Amalec
02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I considered selling them but so far I've been able to afford my spells. The equipment upgrades I could buy don't seem like it would make up for the hours I'd need to spend in a good xp group (and the overhead in finding one) to make that same xp.

I could be undervaluing equipment but it seems to me that it just doesn't matter that much yet. I couldn't get enough hp/ac gear to keep me alive if things go south, a bigger mana pool doesn't really decrease my downtime and as a HE with 25 points to charisma resists and mez breaks don't seem to be a problem. Though charm may change that last one.

Wargrade
02-05-2015, 04:58 AM
I considered selling them but so far I've been able to afford my spells. The equipment upgrades I could buy don't seem like it would make up for the hours I'd need to spend in a good xp group (and the overhead in finding one) to make that same xp.

I could be undervaluing equipment but it seems to me that it just doesn't matter that much yet. I couldn't get enough hp/ac gear to keep me alive if things go south, a bigger mana pool doesn't really decrease my downtime and as a HE with 25 points to charisma resists and mez breaks don't seem to be a problem. Though charm may change that last one.

Well in that case, all the advice I have received says that the pads and belts are good till 14.

webrunner5
02-05-2015, 09:07 AM
I would find it hard to believe that you would do the turn in for MAYBE 2 levels for 90 plat. Enchanters have the most spells of ANY class in EQ. Take the money and run. :eek:

Celatus
02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
I got about 2% turning 40ish in on my necro at 52 so yeah you will still get good exp at 11. I liked to save em up until i was full and bank was full before making a run.

Confit
02-05-2015, 09:45 AM
I would turn them in. My advice as an Enchanter is get to level 16 for Breeze ASAP. You can always go back to CB at 16 and farm more belts/pads to sell them for profit. Or you can choose to farm bone chips and sell them for ~10pp per stack.

If you need help getting a Breeze scroll either send me a tell or PM me.

Amalec
02-05-2015, 11:16 AM
I would find it hard to believe that you would do the turn in for MAYBE 2 levels for 90 plat. Enchanters have the most spells of ANY class in EQ. Take the money and run. :eek:

It's not just two levels, it's ~5-6 hours of play time. That time, spent later, will earn me considerably more than 90 plat. While you're technically correct (the best kind of correct!) that Enchanters have the most spells, that includes things like illusions, enchant metals, thicken mana, blind, alliance, etc that just aren't useful right now. Better to buy them when I need them or when their cost isn't relevant anymore.

If you need help getting a Breeze scroll either send me a tell or PM me.
Thanks! i may take you up on that.

Also, if anyone sees me around in game my char name is Amalec.

Ofaelol
02-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Hey Guys,

My intent was to turn them all in when I hit level 11 to push me up to 12.

Any thoughts?

This just blew my mind. My Bard has undinged 12 at least 4 times, gonna turn in the belts pads I was saving to get out of this "hell level" situation.

skitterburst
02-05-2015, 02:01 PM
dude this quest was supposedly nerfed pretty hard... might not work how u remember

curtischoy
02-05-2015, 04:44 PM
dude this quest was supposedly nerfed pretty hard... might not work how u remember

They still give great exp.

While you're technically correct (the best kind of correct!)

Nothing like quoting #1.0

Turn them in at lvl 11 to try and get 12 for the new spells.

Amalec
02-08-2015, 06:02 PM
An update for anyone wondering how effective this was:

I turned in enough belts to get me to 12 with a conformable buffer in case of death. At level 12, the belts are still giving about a bubble of xp per 8 belts. To be honest, it's still high enough that mowing down large numbers of green orcs for their belts might be more efficient than most groups at this point; but it's boring.