PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about Red.

Aesop
02-03-2015, 03:43 PM
The truth about Red is most of the fools here don't know the sacred dance that they play at. This is after all, a game, but a most exquisite game. EverQuest, all games who came before it and all who came after it pale in comparison to this blocky pixel palace. Populated with all manner of creatures both real and imagined, this never ending Quest.

the law on red is more true, on blue you dance a false dance. Please don't take offense, let me elaborate:

Yesterday my group wiped at CE in Mistmoore. We quickly recovered as everyone who died was pretty close, with the exception of the rogue who died but was running back immediately without complaint. When you tempt the EverQuest Gods (and there are many) sometimes they take the bait and there is a penalty, but it is not the ultimate one. You simple retrieve your dignity and begin again.

A group weaseled its way in, they knew full well we were at CE and we coexisted peacefully. But when we wiped they quietly moved into our spot. Now on blue, you can hide behind rules and laws all you want, here:

There is one ultimate law, to which all others must bend and that is might. I am not even claiming that it is fair or right because at the end of the day might just IS and the justice of it is contained within itself.

We first asked if anyone in the group was guilded with them, we wanted to solve it peacefully because I knew that they knew the offense was given. most people will let it slide and a few in the group even mentioned we could just take the GY and we could have.

And I know this is an Elf Sim but I am playing against other people, for them, with them, against them it matters not we are all playing the same game.

Our justice prevailed, I approached boldly as is my right as a warrior and I brought my claim forth, and said justice will be had no matter what. If this affront not be remedied then I will bring it to the only court that matters -- the end of my staff.

and it was our claim that won out. If the outcome had been different then their justice was stronger. I started the fight, and even though people were hesitant they knew our claim was the right one and we stood fast in our claim to justice and we prevailed.

and we slayed vampires in peace secure in our justice.

When you die your dignity belongs to someone else, and most of us are pretty magnanimous but you will get your dignity back. Well, most of it. If you keep your mouth shut you would be surprised at how much dignity one can retain under the most trying circumstances.

and I know this is a game, but these little games have stakes and sometimes i think that's why some of us weirdos keep coming back to this game, and games like it. Rust was so much fun for me, I wasn't even good at but it was the only game. EverQuest is kinda hard but its easy if you know how to play it right.

I am not even that good at pvp, but this is the only game available to me because I cannot play that false game. You do fight with one another on blue, and you know it. You fight in strange ways, in the manner proscribed to you by your laws and I sit here on Red and say 'see my friends this law is better'

This law is more true, do you know why there was no pvp on Rallos Zek? and Rallos Zek was a true pvp server -- the stakes were so high in the beginning that the people there brought order. It is what humans do, Nizzar brought some kind of order even though it was perhaps not a good one I don't believe a single person who was in Nihilum could deny the order that existed, mostly at the whim of a few people.

This new way is better, the irony of a guild named Holocaust is not lost on me -- although to me a more fitting name would be <Manifest Destiny> but only because of the true nature of the guild. It brings a holocaust to those who hate order, and order is being brought but they are manifesting destiny.

The reason Red sucks is the same reason life sucks, you can't always make men do what you want, they never will. With might you can though, and Holocaust currently has the might and trust me they know how to maintain it. A cooler crew of leaders have I never met in an elf sim, I can't stand the individuals in my own guild but the very nature of a zerg has an order to it that is undeniable, and it is their might that brings with it justice. Red is a better server to play on now because those in power are actual human beings,

I know most of all it chafe Lite. A prisoner to his own elf sim, a man who I can feel how much you want people to listen to you but you don't even understand the game you play. Men will never do what you want. Could you even quit if you wanted to Lite?

I only pick on you because you know when you put yourself out there you will be targeted but this is true of many men who are prisoners in this elf prison.

I know this is a game, but I also know how seriously we all play it.

That is the game my friends, order is being brought to Red -- is your will stronger?

If you be tired of playing a false game, the real one awaits. It's outside you morons; but if you insist on playing games, play a truer one.

Red awaits.

Aesop scowls at you, ready to attack!

captnamazing
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
screenshots plz

Bodybagger
02-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Was it a group with only 2 players in rnage of yall? We all know Holoscum only pvp 3v1 or better odds. Tell the truth now or I'll come to Castle Mistmoore and hand out spankings.

Sajuuk
02-03-2015, 04:04 PM
"Throw your babies in the air." Aesop Rock

Aesop
02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
it matters not who won, the point of the demonstration is justice. I know too well being on the losing side, their justice was stronger.

Don't mind me, I'm bored trying to write about other stuff but it's not coming so I wrote this on a lark.

Aesop
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
screenshots plz

Poet-Warlord indeed.

PVP Cleric
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I got through like 4-5 paragraphs and gave up reading more, unsure of whether this post is supposed to entice people to try red or scare them away from it.

feanan
02-03-2015, 04:18 PM
red is so great, they have to have multiple recruitment threads every day, and still the population difference between blue and red stays the same.

Conky
02-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Oh great another red recruitment post on blue where nobody wants anything to do with red.

Aesop
02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
I do think your politics are fun the most recent thing with the rotations and such?

has a more August body decided how to distribute pixels?

I tease you as the fondest of enemies, the red and blue rivalry it's real.

I wonder if we had a war between the servers who would prevail? Not like a fake copy to another server but if the servers were merged toons gear and all, the old servers nuked and only a pvp server. I know a bunch of people would still play, and I wonder what kind of order would be brought? Long term might would prevail whoever reached that state first.

If you bring order that is too bad, people will try and upend your order. But you like order that is enforced by false Gods. Sirken is but a man, Rallos Zek reigns supreme and all other Gods pale before him, but I have personally been present when even he has been bested and do you know how to best the God of War?

With MIGHT.

Evia
02-03-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm a big fan of the Red server and I agree with most of what he's talking about. However, I cannot tell if he's simply role playing or ...what. Sounds very Hitler-ish to me personally(which is ironic because of a guild like Holocaust being brought up) but maybe this really is the mindset of most people who play Red.

I absolutely love the thrill of knowing I can get attacked at any moment, having to be on my toes. I love feeling like when I get to 60 I'll be able to raid and not have to follow some bullshit hand-holding rotation where everyone bitches and complains without any real resolve. Waiting for "mommy and daddy" to come punish the bad kids for you. I love knowing that when someone really wrongs me in the game, I can retaliate to some degree. I guess in this regard the order and justice part you speak of definitely exists and I also enjoy it. I enjoy making alliances/friends as well as enemies. It takes EQ's great social structure and really amps it up to another level. Everquest was starting to become dull and boring to me and when I tried out the red server it really revitalized the game to me and made it feel like a totally new experience.

The biggest thing I've discovered since primarily switching from blue to red is how a pvp server seems to attract some of the absolute worst kind of people. The angst, hate, and general lack of respect for other people seems to be the culture on red. Aside from that though, I really enjoy it. :)

Aesop
02-03-2015, 05:06 PM
I personally hate the name Holocaust. I love the guild, love the leadership, hate the name.

Kimm Bare|y
02-03-2015, 05:22 PM
TLDR

You want camp? Take it.

Swish
02-03-2015, 05:36 PM
There's funny shit that happens that can't happen on blue. Ported a pal into Gfay a while back, probably 10 seconds later a gnome ports in on about 50% health. Usually it takes a couple of seconds for people to get that "ahh I'm here" out of their system and start moving.

He saw my glowing hands, hit jboots and tried to run out of range... and that sweet sound of a dying gnome as his body collapsed to the ground :p

We had a good laugh about it afterwards. I didn't bind camp him, I didn't call him a faggot, and I sent him a tell to say I'd moved away and he was free to loot.

http://s28.postimg.org/rps3s92or/meep1.png

This was a while ago now, but is a fond memory ;)

Portasaurus
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
that sweet sound of a dying gnome as his body collapsed to the ground :p

WTB Gnome Meat

Rararboker
02-03-2015, 08:28 PM
PVP kills should give racial meats.

Portasaurus
02-03-2015, 08:29 PM

PVP Cleric
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM
With MIGHT.

I don't want to spoil the rest of The Once and Future King for you... but no :)

August
02-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Stupidest thing I've ever read and I was only lured in because I thought the post would be denouncing red.

The idea that force is the correct way to forge a society is ludicrous. In the free world, it causes massive inequity. I can only imagine how terrible red is with this kind of attitude being wielded by grown men being represented by pixel-avatars whose power is directly proportional to how much effort you spend sitting on your butt.

Can you imagine a world where every dispute results in death? Where the weak are helpless to the might of people who have no lives? And if you think this sounds awesome, I strongly advise you to a) readjust your worldview b) seek psychiatric help.

Karana help us all.

Kender
02-03-2015, 09:05 PM
the truth about red

they are so desparate for new people to play on their deserted toxic mess that they have to spam the forums trying to recruit new players

Fame
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Stupidest thing I've ever read and I was only lured in because I thought the post would be denouncing red.

The idea that force is the correct way to forge a society is ludicrous. In the free world, it causes massive inequity. I can only imagine how terrible red is with this kind of attitude being wielded by grown men being represented by pixel-avatars whose power is directly proportional to how much effort you spend sitting on your butt.

Can you imagine a world where every dispute results in death? Where the weak are helpless to the might of people who have no lives? And if you think this sounds awesome, I strongly advise you to a) readjust your worldview b) seek psychiatric help.

Karana help us all.

It's way more fun that you would think, some nerds just want to watch the world burn.

Swish
02-03-2015, 09:26 PM
the truth about red

they are so desparate for new people to play on their deserted toxic mess that they have to spam the forums trying to recruit new players

bless these free bumps... someone write a wiki guide on "how to not click on 'red' posts".

If you want deserted, give beta a try (and people really should).

Swish
02-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Live red stream: http://www.twitch.tv/erenip99

Priceline
02-03-2015, 09:41 PM
i stopped reading at sacred dance...

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2011/10/12/disco_dance.gif

Pheer
02-03-2015, 10:48 PM
another red circlejerk thread, what a surprise

Aesop
02-04-2015, 01:02 AM
my friend, the jerking motion is occurring with every reply.

Videri
02-04-2015, 07:41 AM

Don't you see? Being thrust into this harsh, cutthroat, dangerous world is exciting! Yeah, it's unjust, it's difficult, the forces are arrayed against you at the start...but they can't stop you from playing, improving, gaining power and equipment and allies.

Aesop didn't say it's the correct way to forge a society. I would never want to live in a place like Red99 in real life…but this is not real life. :) On Red99, one can experience the hardships - and triumphs - of such a wild and lawless world. You have to be strong to survive..if I survive and prevail, then I am strong! Make your own justice! A refreshing challenge from which I can safely withdraw at any time by hitting /q.

Part of the draw of Red for me is that I may one day challenge the pixel overlords. Imagine the satisfaction when I begin to PvP on par with the old guard, when those who have struck fear into the hearts of all newbies begin to respect and fear me.

Can you imagine a world where every dispute results in death?

There is no true death in EQ. Every dispute ends in either running away or respawning. :)

Speedi
02-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Watched a red99 stream from work once. This Druid was XP'n in Mistmoore. Well this twinked SK came in the zone and started terrorizing him. After several tries to lose the SK through zoning. The SK finally killed the Druid. After zoning over from getting killed, I noticed the druid had bound outside the zone. Upon zoning in to get his corpse the same SK was camping his corpse and attacked him again and killed him. This happened one more other time before I stopped watching. After seeing that I thought to myself, yea that's why they want people to come to red all the time. Nothing like fresh meat eh jerks? Stuff like that is prob why red99 population is so low. I don't mind PvP, but that kind of behavior is BS. That's the TRUTH about red

myriverse
02-04-2015, 08:03 AM
IOW, what you're saying is Red is disgusting. We knew that.

The one thing the system on Red is not geared for is justice, so don't kid yourself.

Swish
02-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Watched a red99 stream from work once. This Druid was XP'n in Mistmoore. Well this twinked SK came in the zone and started terrorizing him. After several tries to lose the SK through zoning. The SK finally killed the Druid. After zoning over from getting killed, I noticed the druid had bound outside the zone. Upon zoning in to get his corpse the same SK was camping his corpse and attacked him again and killed him. This happened one more other time before I stopped watching. After seeing that I thought to myself, yea that's why they want people to come to red all the time. Nothing like fresh meat eh jerks? Stuff like that is prob why red99 population is so low. I don't mind PvP, but that kind of behavior is BS. That's the TRUTH about red

1. Don't stream red if you're soloing, particularly where there's a fungi twink or two camped out (hey look, that's Mistmoore/Unrest/CB again).

2. Why would you bind outside the zone? Gotta use your head a bit more.

3. Call LNS, then if he bind camps you he'll get suspended if he carries on. It's there to stop that kind of thing.

What was the name of the streamer/character getting killed? Just stay away from MM/Unrest particularly and you'll have a much easier time of it re twinks.

Speedi
02-04-2015, 10:48 AM
He was actually spamming that LNS after he zoned in to get his corpse after the first death. I couldn't remember it exactly till you just said it. Which is why I didn't mention it. I asked em in the stream what it meant and he didnt reply. But the SK must have a rep on p99 red, I think his name was Silver (could be wrong, was like 2 months ago). I remember the Warrior the Druid was grouped with telling him "run, that guy is a douche". The druid, I forget his name. I remember it started with a T, and he was a wood elf, high 20's at the time. That's all though

Aesop
02-04-2015, 01:13 PM
yes dudes, I know red is disgusting. the server has the discordant nature to it

read your tome of order and discord you newbies, i know most of you did it at least once. we all had it.

im saying holocaust and fresh and all the new blue players are bringing ORDER. You have to create order on Red. I am a good guy, I only help new players (unless we have problems, but who cares I let it go. If you kill me in revenge, good on you.)

and i was mostly just having fun, writing that did help me get in the mood to write what i needed to write. Thanks!

indiscriminate_hater
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
There is one ultimate law, to which all others must bend and that is might. I am not even claiming that it is fair or right because at the end of the day might just IS and the justice of it is contained within itself.

We first asked if anyone in the group was guilded with them, we wanted to solve it peacefully

learn2red, pussy

Aesop
02-04-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't pander to neanderthals unfortunately.

Priceline
02-04-2015, 06:14 PM
more pictures less words

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2011/10/12/disco_dance.gif