PDA

View Full Version : Starting window doesnt open

Katielouellen
02-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Everytime I click on the game shortcut the window for the loadscreen doesnt load all the way. It attempts to open then doesnt.... I have windows 8 if that helps any

Rainbow Dash
02-02-2015, 09:43 PM
I am also having an issue with starting the game, just installed all 5 discs of titanium pack with daemon tools ultra into my SSD, extracted the p99 into the the new EQ folder and let it replace whatever it wanted to replace, and deleted what the guide said to delete. However, when i double click the launch titanium, the game opens up but stays black. I have a fancy EQ cursor but cannot hear any music and the login screen fails to come up (staying completely black instead even when I click), even though I had picture for the actual install just fine. Any idea what might be causing the issue? Thanks

Zingoro
02-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Same issue today here, loading game from my taskbar produces a black screen with EQ cursor. Any keys struck exits the client.

Zingoro
02-03-2015, 04:08 AM
This fixed it, changing the EQClient.ini windowedmode=false to true

**14. When starting the game, before I reach the EULA, my game crashes.
This is most likely because you either don't have compatibility turned on and are running vista/7/8 or because there's something wrong with your resolution/windowed settings.

To play in full screen mode, you will need to mess with your desktop/eq resolution, instructions for this can be found above at 1.

To run EQ in compatibility mode, make a shortcut on your desktop by following the instructions at the beginning of this FAQ (Add patchme to the end of the target line), then click compatibility and set it to Windows XP SP2.

Next, go to your Everquest folder and open EQClient.ini find the line that says
WindowedMode=False

and change it to =True

This should allow you to enter the game. If you want to play fullscreen, you'll need to play with your resolution settings as shown in 1.**

Rainbow Dash
02-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Thank you so much for your help, I set to windows 7 compatibility in properties and then opened up the .ini file to change windowed mode to true.

As a note to others I actually had to write in the line "Windowedmode=TRUE as there was no "windowedmode=false" line already there for me.