PDA

View Full Version : Ranger weapon progression

Retan
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Silly question, I know. But I am looking to get a birthday gift for a certain rangerking the will be returning soon. Any suggestion?

Aetherial
09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Been so long I have forgotten most..

Uh, PGT? SSoM, Yak?

Obsdian Shard (can a ranger use?)

Actually, a decent ratio is on the Sacrificial Dagger, although the INT doesn't do much for you. (can a ranger use?)

Shiftin
09-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Silly question, I know. But I am looking to get a birthday gift for a certain rangerking the will be returning soon. Any suggestion?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Narsil.jpg

imo

Troy
09-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Ebony Bladed Swords until they start procing, then get help with Orc Impaler and/or Electrum-Bladed Wakizashi quests. Maybe Short Sword of Morin if those quests are too hard. Sharkbone Warhammer is good for practicing 1hb. Impaler, EBW, and Sharkbone covers all of your 1h skill bases.

YendorLootmonkey
09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
sigh

The EBS proc is great for managing aggro (it's like EQ on easy mode... closest person gets aggro), so long as you aren't fighting heavily MR mobs or a bunch of yellow/red cons.

Been using them from 20 thru 44 exclusively, no issues. Warriors in your group will love you. Best bang for your plat. Proc DD scales upward with level, and the dmg/delay is not that far off from SSOY.

Orov
09-23-2010, 06:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Narsil.jpg

imo

I lol'd IRL.

RKromwell
09-23-2010, 10:32 PM
sigh

The EBS proc is great for managing aggro (it's like EQ on easy mode... closest person gets aggro), so long as you aren't fighting heavily MR mobs or a bunch of yellow/red cons.

Been using them from 20 thru 44 exclusively, no issues. Warriors in your group will love you. Best bang for your plat. Proc DD scales upward with level, and the dmg/delay is not that far off from SSOY.

This, thought I would like to get an Orc Impaler. Just to say I had done it after all this freaking time.

Kender
09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
all you need to know is this...

ranger pulls
tank engages
ranger dies

not necessarily in that order

RKromwell
09-24-2010, 12:00 AM
What does that have to do with the weapons they use?

Troy
09-24-2010, 12:08 AM
sigh

You'd be surprised how much trouble I've had getting people to let the tank be the closest person to the mob. Or to leave rootparked mobs alone and assist the tank. Or how often root is resisted or wears off then I'm stuck tanking. EBW's are just easier to deal with.

Messianic
09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
You'd be surprised how much trouble I've had getting people to let the tank be the closest person to the mob. Or to leave rootparked mobs alone and assist the tank. Or how often root is resisted or wears off then I'm stuck tanking. EBW's are just easier to deal with.

This can be true sometimes...Rogue: "OMG DUMB RANGER STOP ROOTING THE MOB ITS HITTING ME FOR SOME REASON"

YendorLootmonkey
09-24-2010, 02:57 PM
This can be true sometimes...Rogue: "OMG DUMB RANGER STOP ROOTING THE MOB ITS HITTING ME FOR SOME REASON"

I call it... Darwinian natural selection.

Kender
09-24-2010, 05:34 PM
What does that have to do with the weapons they use?

corpses can't swing so weapons are irrelevant hehe

Wizerud
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh wait. I think it was one of those ranger down derivative jokes that I haven't heard for at least 12 hours /groan

liveitup1216
09-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Oh wait. I think it was one of those ranger down derivative jokes that I haven't heard for at least 12 hours /groan

i dont get what you're.... ranger down. :(