GreenRanger
09-23-2010, 08:50 AM
5k Firm. cheapest your going to see it

GreenRanger
09-28-2010, 08:05 AM
bamp

KilyenaMage
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I love how people they can charge whatever they want just cuz an item is good.

It's ranger-only pal....there about 10 on the server.

JayDee
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
5k is a bargain for how difficult the quest is imo

200 range too

citizen1080
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
5 k is a steal

fishingme
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM
5 k is a steal

Then, I don't know... Buy it?

YendorLootmonkey
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
The only difficult parts of the quest are: a) maintaining your Fairie/Pixie faction, which you can't raise, and b) obtaining the hair from the Golden-Haired Mermaid in Kedge. The Trueshot goes for like 300-400pp, which means the Golden-Haired Mermaid's hair is worth 4K+? Not to mention the very limited market.

Scroll
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Dick move to try and stop the guy from the sale if you're not involved. Who cares what its asking price is if you have no invested interest in the item?

citizen1080
09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Dick move to try and stop the guy from the sale if you're not involved. Who cares what its asking price is if you have no invested interest in the item?

Qft

YendorLootmonkey
09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Just disputing JayDee's opinion "how difficult the quest is imo". No idea why Raincaller is so overpriced.

RKromwell
09-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Because of the twink rangers on the server.

YendorLootmonkey
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Goddamn twink rangers :) You'd think this time around I would have thought to roll a mage or necro first!!

JayDee
09-29-2010, 01:30 AM
The only difficult parts of the quest are: a) maintaining your Fairie/Pixie faction, which you can't raise, and b) obtaining the hair from the Golden-Haired Mermaid in Kedge. The Trueshot goes for like 300-400pp, which means the Golden-Haired Mermaid's hair is worth 4K+? Not to mention the very limited market.

Lol youve been playing for months and you are still a fucking newb.

The quest takes many hours from start to finish. Anybody with the exclusion of melees can farm 5k in a fraction of the time.

No traveling, no maintaining factions, no farming rare drops and doing turn-ins. Just farm seafuries for couple hours.

The more you know

YendorLootmonkey
09-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Lol youve been playing for months and you are still a fucking newb.

The quest takes many hours from start to finish. Anybody with the exclusion of melees can farm 5k in a fraction of the time.

No traveling, no maintaining factions, no farming rare drops and doing turn-ins. Just farm seafuries for couple hours.

The more you know

I've been playing for years, actually.

Anyone that has 5K to spend on a Raincaller is most likely twinking a ranger. Which means they have a caster main. Which means they can camp the golden-haired mermaid in a few hours with a friend or two. That is the most difficult part of the quest.

The rest is just some back and forth between Freeport and Ak'anon, grabbing some pubes off gorillas in CT, turning in lanterns to Jyle until they get a wooden heart, buying a Trueshot for 400pp, and 3000gp for the turn-in.

Which means either the mermaid hair is worth 4K+, or the Trueshot is severely undervalued. I'm going with the latter, since the Trueshot takes much more time, is much more tedious (ever camp microservos?), and requires a fairly high fletching skill to have a chance of success.

The ridiculous amounts of ire and name-calling being tossed my way by you and the godfather of the P99 economy himself, neither of whom are the seller of this particular Raincaller, tells me right away that it's overpriced, otherwise you wouldn't be so nervous about me pointing out a few details about the quest and disagreeing with you about how difficult the quest is. After all, if the quest truly were that difficult, a caster would still be like "F that" and pay the 5-7K anyway he got from the seafuries. Instead, I stirred up a hornet's nest... interesting.

But you're right... it's worth whatever some caster with loads of plat to shell out is willing to pay, I suppose. I'm just a f'n newb, what do I know? :)

Haish
09-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Well, you don't know enough to just stop.

5k is a great price on this server for the raincaller!

Hodge
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
don't you think your argument belongs in RnF and not here destroying the chances of this person selling their item.

Molitoth
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Actually the most difficult part is getting the Fairy Princess to spawn.

I've done this quest 3 times on this server now and here were my camp times:

First time: 3.5 hours
Second time: 7 hours
Third time: 5 minutes

The second most difficult task is making (or buying) a Trueshot Longbow.
I've purchased 2 for 800p and another for 500p. Let me tell you, they are very hard to find for sale. You will have to do some searching.

I've sold 2 Raincallers: The first for 7k and the second for 5k.

Just some more info if anyone cares.

Lill-Leif
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
How come people keep reviewing the items and prices in the EC forums? If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it. Noone cares about your opinions.

Heartbeats
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
I just bought one from 5k from Bob yesterday, and yeah I have a caster main, and yeah 5k is a great price for this, and yeah I was originally planning on just camping the mermaid, until I heard it was 5k, and as someone before me said, I make more than 5k easily in the time it would take to just do the RC quest.

Heartbeats
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
*for 5k. My b.

Elian
09-29-2010, 05:50 PM
How come people keep reviewing the items and prices in the EC forums? If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it. Noone cares about your opinions.

Its fun to see 4/5 threads go down in flames