PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Raid environment

falendar
01-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Just thought I would Poll this and see what the server thinks overall, this would remove some classic element but remove some of the raid hate that has gone on.
Class C- every mob would be class C instead of having a rotation.
Class W- this is basically a welfare system without the need to rotate anything, these guilds get 4 tokens a week to spawn any mobs they wish outside VP and sleepers tomb. the spawn point has an npc that when given a token will spawn the mob and it will remain up for 1 hour, 2hours for velious mobs. No other guild nor unguilded characters are allowed to kill it ( even if the other guild gives up) or assist or they recieve a 2 week ban.

I understand this is not "classic" but neither is kunark being in era for several years, the extremely high number of raiders this server has, as well as a host of mechanical and other things.

Thulack
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
No thanks. But if something like this would ever become feasible the items that dropped from the tokened raids would have to be no drop or the economy on server would be fucked.

falendar
01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
No thanks. But if something like this would ever become feasible the items that dropped from the tokened raids would have to be no drop or the economy on server would be fucked.

easy to do and great idea.

fastboy21
01-29-2015, 06:43 PM
i think toop's server does "spawn" tokens...and its a total crap hole.

falendar
01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
No they don't they will if the raid scene becomes crowded ( they have 1 raid guild), the reason the server is crap is because it is bug ridden.

w1zard
01-29-2015, 06:55 PM
No they don't they will if the raid scene becomes crowded ( they have 1 raid guild), the reason the server is crap is because it is bug ridden.

^ this

Pipsqueak
01-29-2015, 07:14 PM
The server aims to be classic as in mechanics, it will never be classic in terms of gear or raiding because players have nothing to progress towards. On the point of economy it is already wrecked in terms of the amount of gear availability at such cheap prices. Being able to get 30/40 weapons for under 500pp proves this and once velious opens up 60% of the new gear will be just trash to everyone on this server and any slight upgrades will be hugely overpriced for the first year. Anyone thinking velious will ease the raiding scene because of more merbs will be disappointed when not only those merbs will be socked but so will old world and kunark content. As with anything you just need to put in time for the raid content. Most of us lacking such time will just have to be happy we get to see some of it and remember those feels from back in the day. The spoils go to the retired and basement dwellers. Eq truth.

falendar
01-29-2015, 07:22 PM
except even the mechanics are not classic, non-classic variance, monk fd, rogue sneak hide(although i think this is fixed) I would sacrifice a minor bit of classic feel that shouldn't affect 95% of people for the raid scene to be a bit more stable with the insane number of raiders we have.

Pipsqueak
01-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Honestly the closest we will get to classic is if the devs kept snapshots of the server as they have been working on it and open up a new server and follow classic timelines. But that will only last two years then it will be like it is today. But I'm not complaining. I'm having fun with just playing the old eq. They have done an excellent job on this project.

loramin
01-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Honestly the closest we will get to classic is if the devs kept snapshots of the server as they have been working on it and open up a new server and follow classic timelines.

As I understand it, that's actually the whole plan for this server. Everything we're experiencing right now is really just the beta run for the real Project 1999. The devs (again, as I understand it) have specifically built all of their code in such a way that they can "roll forward/backward" from one patch to the next, allowing them to someday start a server in pure classic mode and then over time move it through every patch/expansion.

... but all that won't happen until Velious AND every post-Velious patch (up until Luclin) is done ... and even then only if the devs aren't sick of us all by then ;)

falendar
01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
why does it have to be exactly classic? if the mobs and what they drop remain the same isn't it still classic? your are just giving everyone a chance to raid in a WAY over crowded environment.

mokfarg
01-29-2015, 10:46 PM
I don't like how it doesn't fit in the game world. I would be interested in some long epic quest that follows the lore of the raid bosses in Noratth but not really a random npc handing tokens like an amusement park to kills mobs.

fastboy21
01-30-2015, 07:07 AM
why does it have to be exactly classic? if the mobs and what they drop remain the same isn't it still classic? your are just giving everyone a chance to raid in a WAY over crowded environment.

it doesn't have to be anything.

from the very first post that nilbog made announcing the server he made clear that the goal was to make it as classic as possible...only nilbog would be able to explain why he wanted to do this.

of course, if anyone has an idea of their own that they believe in enough they could choose to pursue it.

for all the crazy ideas Toop has---and how bad his server is---I respect him for putting his money and time where his mouth is and trying to launch his own server according to his ideas of what is best. Of course, it would have been much less work for him to hang around here and complain about how much better his ideas are than classic.

falendar
01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
I don't understand why you would want to keep it the way it is when there is a way to fix it with incredibly minor impact to server.