PDA

View Full Version : Non Magical Armor

Vicawin
01-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Is there any advantage or disadvantage when it comes to tanking, with magical armor?

webrunner5
01-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Not that I know of? But a Magical weapon, now that is a different story. :p

maskedmelon
01-28-2015, 04:31 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe for players magic items are just those that have stats other than or I addition to ac.

kaev
01-28-2015, 04:31 PM
If you're a large race you can slam mobs that require magic to hit if your shoulders are magic. If you're a class that can kick you can kick mobs that require magic to hit if your boots are magic. I can't think of a single other case where it matters whether the armor you are wearing is tagged MAGIC or not.

maskedmelon
01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
If you're a large race you can slam mobs that require magic to hit if your shoulders are magic. If you're a class that can kick you can kick mobs that require magic to hit if your boots are magic. I can't think of a single other case where it matters whether the armor you are wearing is tagged MAGIC or not.

Ohhhhh, I never knew that ^^ good to know.

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
don't monks need magic gloves and boots to kick and punch magic enemies as well? I recall magic gloves being important on live for naked newb monks

kaev
01-28-2015, 04:37 PM
don't monks need magic gloves and boots to kick and punch magic enemies as well? I recall magic gloves being important on live for naked newb monks

Yes, but he asked about tanking. Monkeys don't tank, they dodge about making a lot of noise and throwing their poop around until they get bored and play dead so they can watch the cleric get ganked.

tharp22
01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Monks seem like a sensitive issue for you, Kaev. :P

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-28-2015, 05:05 PM

Kaevs on point.

Once you get up there, only a few pieces of armor aren't magic.

Kylong boots are great resist boots on red but are a poor choice for Iksar warriors for thst reason.

Jimjam
01-28-2015, 05:43 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe for players magic items are just those that have stats other than or I addition to ac.

There are mundane armours with stats and magic without so that can't be it.

I always wondered if maybe mobs with magic attacks ignored AC from non-magic armour... but I never tested it myself nor seen anyone test it. Although I think it would be a cool idea I suspect whether armour is magic or not makes no difference in the game.

Foggon
01-28-2015, 05:56 PM

Yes they do.. Until level 30(or so) when their fists become magic.

Xer0
01-28-2015, 06:52 PM
There are mundane armours with stats and magic without so that can't be it.

I always wondered if maybe mobs with magic attacks ignored AC from non-magic armour... but I never tested it myself nor seen anyone test it. Although I think it would be a cool idea I suspect whether armour is magic or not makes no difference in the game.

This is true, not all magical items have stats. As a monk you'll find it's difficult to find inexpensive, lightweight boots with stats (emphasis on inexpensive and lightweight, plenty of magic boots that weigh 2-3 stones that are dirt cheap;) however I think there are some inexpensive boots without stats that weigh 0.X, just cant remember for the life of me what they are.

Also lets not forget warriors and rangers would also need magical boots to kick the likes of ghouls, wisps, werewolves etc

August
01-28-2015, 08:12 PM
This is true, not all magical items have stats. As a monk you'll find it's difficult to find inexpensive, lightweight boots with stats (emphasis on inexpensive and lightweight, plenty of magic boots that weigh 2-3 stones that are dirt cheap;) however I think there are some inexpensive boots without stats that weigh 0.X, just cant remember for the life of me what they are.

Also lets not forget warriors and rangers would also need magical boots to kick the likes of ghouls, wisps, werewolves etc

Pretty much Wolf Fur slippers or Wu's Fighting Slippers are your only option in the sub 1.0 wt category. Or you can kill Hoshkar.

Xer0
01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Pretty much Wolf Fur slippers or Wu's Fighting Slippers are your only option in the sub 1.0 wt category. Or you can kill Hoshkar.

Yeah those are the ones, thanks for reminding me, gonna make a ghetto twinked monk and gonna need those.

Jimjam
01-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Yea, sadly there is no such thing as netted/woven/mesh sandals/boots. I guess frogloks with their flippers have no desire for shoes!

HeallunRumblebelly
01-29-2015, 03:20 AM
For you elder pvp sorts -- wasn't there something special about magic items and item loot or something early on when that was a thing? Seems to ring a bell but I can't remember one way or another.

Crawdad
01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Also, rogues can't pick pocket magical anythings-- looking at you, rogues-in-Highkeep-and-Mistmoore.

curtischoy
01-30-2015, 03:34 PM
monks can get crescent armor from dalnir. good lightweight (and free) option.

Swish
01-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Also, rogues can't pick pocket magical anythings-- looking at you, rogues-in-Highkeep-and-Mistmoore.

I was recently bound in Highkeep and disarmed/picked up every FS short sword on the 1st floor while waiting for a rez. Bet those FS farmers were salty when they turned up.

khanable
01-30-2015, 04:03 PM
how are you supposed to role play and pick up hot elf bitches if your scrub armor isn't magical?

kaev
01-30-2015, 04:15 PM
how are you supposed to role play and pick up hot elf bitches when you spend all your waking hours fapping to 16 year-old elf-simulator pixels?

ftfy

maskedmelon
01-30-2015, 04:18 PM
I was recently bound in Highkeep and disarmed/picked up every FS short sword on the 1st floor while waiting for a rez. Bet those FS farmers were salty when they turned up.

No aggro from disarm?