PDA

View Full Version : If we want Velious then we need to dedicate some time to beta.

Valrok
01-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Whether we all go as individuals, guild functions or as a community we could definitely dedicate more time to bug fixing, reporting and general clearing of the list linked below.

Imagine if just a few guilds dedicated a night per week or even a few hours per week dedicated to nothing more than clearing this list.

I am just as guilty as any of you and will be logging into beta much more often. As I am typing this there are 963 players online and 0 on beta yet here we are making threads and listening to Velious related twitch casts. We need to do our part, me included.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157067

heartbrand
01-28-2015, 03:20 PM
It would be easier if:

1) Staff fixed beta copies to actually have things like peridots

2) Staff gave more GM powers out on beta. Right now no one on red has, so it's pointless for us to test raid mobs.

3) Staff gave out direction as to what they are still needing tested at this point, so the community can come together and focus on the tasks.

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Step 1) Give access to me and only me, for The Warrens
Step 2) I don't care what else happens.

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 03:43 PM
I asked for GM powers on beta, still waiting to hear back.

A new set of Testcopies would be nice. To include things like clickies, food, reagents, proper gear (see not shitty cold or poison resist gear).

Also a Gnome that sells quest gems would be extremely helpful. I can make a list of the item IDs of them all if that's something Nilbog would consider.

Skittlez
01-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Best thread of the new year.

Othniel626
01-28-2015, 07:37 PM
I haven't ever really beta-tested anything like this before, but am interested in helping out with this, despite being new to P99. If someone could write up a general "guide" or FAQ about what beta-testing Velious actually entails, I think it would attract a lot of attention and help work things out more quickly.

I've visited that link in the OP a few times and looked over the checklists, but I'm not sure exactly how the whole "write a report/retest" thing works. Also, I'm not sure how characters work on the beta server. Are you auto-gifted a lvl 60 char to work with? Are there additional files I have to download to be a beta-tester and gain access to that server? I think you get the idea. If someone could draft up a makeshift document or even just put some general details down on this thread, it'd make it easier for the people who are unfamiliar with beta testing, but are wanting to get their feet wet and help out.

(Also, there may already be a guide for this. If so, just post the link in a reply. I couldn't find a stickied one under the Velious tabs).

kildone
01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
I think there are some valid points here. If more can be involved to help move forward we can get there faster. Might mean more than just gm powers. Maybe developers could pitch in. Maybe people just keeping lists of things to be done.

I have 3 chars, don't get to play much these days. But I do like P99 and the community on both servers. I have a 50 druid and 25 cleric on blue and a 39 cleric on red.

I hate the idea of spending time in a beta when I don't have even one level 60 and 2.5k plat all told. But I would do it gladly because I think Velious would be fun and great for P99 as a whole.

Why am I not on beta during those few hours I get to play? I feel there is nothing I can do to add value. But I could be a warm body is there were a little more direction.

If we could let this thread remain positive maybe we can generate some ideas. I am willing to spend all my gaming time on beta if I see population on the server.

GnashingOfTeeth
01-28-2015, 09:53 PM
They just need to go live and be done.

Rangerest
01-28-2015, 10:18 PM
who cares velious sucked anyways

indiscriminate_hater
01-29-2015, 05:05 AM
who cares velious sucked anyways

Swish
01-29-2015, 06:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/osS3vfM.gif

Found this way back in my gif albums, whats the difference between then and now? We have the opportunity to help but we're all playing EconomyQuest because we want the first "Item_X"

amirite, or amirite?