PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Nexona Red99 Style

heartbrand
01-27-2015, 11:15 PM
/GU Nexona in 16s, 28k @1739dps --- Versace 2k @221dps (8.74%) --- Chuckslaw 2k @199dps (8.57%) --- Vladimir 2k @167dps (6.59%) --- Gongshow 2k @136dps (6.38%) --- Dongshow 2k @156dps (6.15%) --- Pierre 2k @135dps (5.82%) --- Dagon 2k @101dps (5.78%) --- Colgate 1k @106dps (5.32%) --- Xantille 1k @130dps (5.15%) --- Nakor 1k @109dps (5.1%)

16 second nexona kills. join holocaust today.

zanderklocke
01-27-2015, 11:19 PM
Sounds real fun. I sometimes pee for longer than that in one stream.

kaev
01-28-2015, 12:16 AM

Give yourself another 30 years or so Zan, then you'll take 5+ minutes to expel that much urine from your bladder and it won't be a continuous stream. On the plus side, I'v elittle doubt that in 30 years the same group of people will be boasting about their elite PvP skillz where they form a guild of 73% of the server's membership so they can have uncontested zerg ganks of elf-sim dragons.

iruinedyourday
01-28-2015, 12:26 AM
wtb /copy

Raev
01-28-2015, 01:01 AM
I remember grouping with an alt of one those guys in Sol B on my Red monk. He refused to leave the Sol A zone line in a full group of 40+ because he was afraid he would die. But hey, congratulations on successfully getting him to find that duellist button.

kurtis
01-28-2015, 01:31 AM
chalk this up to another "nobody gives a shit about r99" thread

Littlegyno 13.0
01-28-2015, 01:35 AM
I remember grouping with an alt of one those guys in Sol B on my Red monk. He refused to leave the Sol A zone line in a full group of 40+ because he was afraid he would die. But hey, congratulations on successfully getting him to find that duellist button.

This is one of the douche bags on Sirken's stream that discussed the laws of thermodynamics and how it relates to the complexities of the Blue99 Raid scene.

AKA giant erudite.

He considers some weird anecdotal evidence of one alleged red99 player as evidence that blue players are somehow more skilled than red players.

Raev
01-28-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure why you think praising my intelligence is insulting, but I shall be suitably offended anyway.

Littlegyno 13.0
01-28-2015, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure why you think praising my intelligence is insulting, but I shall be suitably offended anyway.

http://img.memerial.net/memerial.net/6459/because-im-enlightened-by-my-intelligence.jpg

Samhain
01-28-2015, 03:16 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179477

Clark
01-28-2015, 05:16 AM
evidence that blue players are somehow more skilled than red players.

If we're talking about brain power and cognitive ability then yes; it's factual information.

Swish
01-28-2015, 06:41 AM
chalk this up to another "nobody gives a shit about r99" thread

If nobody gave a shit, people wouldn't post. Bless the free bumps in this forum.

Rangerest
01-28-2015, 07:14 AM
Sick Pvp bros

Veleria
01-28-2015, 01:17 PM
So how do you do it?

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
AKA giant erudite.

I'm not sure you know what that word means.

Then again... I'm talking to someone from a server that posts 15min PVP videos that include Vent conversations filled with racial slurs, as a recruitment method I might add. So I don't expect too much in the way of vocabulary from people on red.

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Yet is named after one of the most genocidal events in recent history?

I get it I get it, it's named after a word with another meaning. The primary connotation of that word in any conversation this side of 1950, is about the genocide that occured during WW2. Every person on these boards reads Holocaust and associates it with those events. No one thinks of the other definition.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to be named after such an event if you're against hate speech. Just my two cents.

Should petition for a name change to a synonym. Cataclysm or Destruction for example.

Nirgon
Yaw that was Lite has nothing to do with Holo

We had a pvp event where you couldn't zone plug and the pals involved weren't scrubs

Went pretty for team Holo

You can take your issues with the guild name up with Sirken/Derubael

Whatever happens with all that, mo pixels no variance

Velious will be grand with no variance... blue I see guilds standing there while another engages then if the first guild wipes, the other immediately engages (leap frogging, bitching, petitions)

Doors
If you want actual competition to come to the actual competitive server. Zero rotations, no FTE, no variance, no shitsocking.

Crawdad
01-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Red has 25% the population of Blue. And you're here bragging about PvE on an empty PvP server.

If you want actual competition to come to the actual competitive server. Zero rotations, no FTE, no variance, no shitsocking.

If you want actual competition

competition

Ezalor
01-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Yet is named after one of the most genocidal events in recent history?

I get it I get it, it's named after a word with another meaning. The primary connotation of that word in any conversation this side of 1950, is about the genocide that occured during WW2. Every person on these boards reads Holocaust and associates it with those events. No one thinks of the other definition.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to be named after such an event if you're against hate speech. Just my two cents.

Should petition for a name change to a synonym. Cataclysm or Destruction for example.

I don't even play on Red but if you associate a generic Elf simulator guild name with endorsement of a specific historical event you're either trolling or a complete moron.

Nirgon
01-28-2015, 02:34 PM
We're taking would be epic MQ buyers from blue and helping them do the quest instead on red at no charge other than playing EQ with us

I'm sure there's mad surrounding it

maskedmelon
01-28-2015, 02:37 PM
We're taking would be epic MQ buyers from blue and helping them do the quest instead on red at no charge other than playing EQ with us

I'm sure there's mad surrounding it

Free epics? ^^ <3

Nirgon
01-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah we did like 7(?) bard epics, 5(?) wizard epics

No one paid 300k+ for shit, just slew dragons (n shit)

Edit: no one spent any time tracking mobs either

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Nirgon - Honest question.

Every week 6 VP dragons, 4 Planar Targets, 4 Kunark Dragons , Vox/Naggy and VS/Trak spawn.

How many does Holocaust get? Those you aren't getting, is is half of them or just like Naggy/Vox or like Kunark Dragons?
How many of these kills involve PVPing another guild for? (and killing an exp group in the same zone doesn't count)
Average number of Holocaust members at each kill. Can break up numbers for the five groups I list above since I'm guessing your numbers for VP and for Faydedar are probably different.

And to the other poster, no, I'm not dumb enough to think you endorse it. I just find it peculiar you would select a guild name that is synonymous with one of the most horrible acts of genocide (based on hate for minorities) in recent history... And then say "But we don't allow hate speech, cause that would be bad, that's the other guys who say that stuff". Just seems weird to pick that name if you're a bunch of cool dudes. Cataclysm would be a pretty cool guild name, you can even go by the four letter shortened (which you seem to be fond of) Cata.

Nirgon
01-28-2015, 03:11 PM
I think they should remove variance on blue so I can stop being so smug and give you a better footing in this argument

I was part of a resistance coming up (I was naked in almost every slot minus no drop, joined by my brothers in bronze / advisor robes) and succeeded in taking down the #2 guild that has routinely held back other would be resistance guilds by griefing them and poaching their members when they don't comply

I said this forever about our current #1 competition guild, I knew coming back and taking the server from them would just take open recruiting, welcoming new players and being persistent

In fact a guild of 40 who regularly made an effort would get a huge cut of the mobs right now

How many mobs do we get? We get 95% or so? Something like that. Would be way lower if a guild came and competed hardcore like IB has come back to do here or TMO did against IB in the past.

Camped out, full buffs with known raid timers etc, its not that hard to do compared to the not classic BURN OUT FEST of 24-7 camp watches etc here

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Okay so 95% of the raid content to Holocaust currently until a guild comes to contest you.

How many of those 95% kills are kills that you won a PvP battle before or during the kill, leading you to win that mob? And how much were uncontested?

Also what's a typical Holocaust raid attendance number?

Erati
01-28-2015, 03:52 PM
dont mean to de-rail but props to Redrin on big Vlad's DPS for this historical kill!!!

imagine if you had epics !

Raev
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
I wanted to like red if only because it doesn't have variance. But its entire history has been a giant, boring PVE zerg punctuated by small bouts griefing. I think it will always be that way: you can try to get better strategies for PVE, but humans are too smart. To win PVP, you have to have numbers. So there is a huge incentive for the dominant guild to continue to recruit to deny members to their competition and for those members to join the dominant guild for the ezmode pixels. When Velious releases Red will either die again as everyone returns to blue or the dominant guild will be zerging everything with 150 people. It's just not my idea of fun.

I think by any reasonable standard there is 10x as much competition on blue. The problem is that competition is fucking stupid and revolves around dealing with variance and/or jobless wonders who sit at good droppable item camps for months at a time.

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Thanks for answers Colgate, that's what I was wondering about. More or less what I assumed. You beat the guild over the course of several months, some got tired of losing so they left, and now they don't have a sufficient force to contest you unless they sneak around and do so at odd hours, or while you are busy elsewhere.

webrunner5
01-28-2015, 04:35 PM

What till you get old like I am. :D You will be lucky if you can Pee at all. 12 pack helps, but you have to get up 12 times at nite to piss for 3 seconds if you are lucky, after standing there for like 3 minutes to do it each time. :eek:

Ahh, the Golden Years. :o

Littlegyno 13.0
01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
I wanted to like red if only because it doesn't have variance. But its entire history has been a giant, boring PVE zerg punctuated by small bouts griefing. I think it will always be that way: you can try to get better strategies for PVE, but humans are too smart. To win PVP, you have to have numbers. So there is a huge incentive for the dominant guild to continue to recruit to deny members to their competition and for those members to join the dominant guild for the ezmode pixels. When Velious releases Red will either die again as everyone returns to blue or the dominant guild will be zerging everything with 150 people. It's just not my idea of fun.

I think by any reasonable standard there is 10x as much competition on blue. The problem is that competition is fucking stupid and revolves around dealing with variance and/or jobless wonders who sit at good droppable item camps for months at a time.

wut a cool concept. competition is sitting at a spawn for 16 hrs a time.

kaev
01-28-2015, 05:01 PM
wut a cool concept. competition is sitting at a spawn for 16 hrs a time.

what a cool concept, competition is a zergblob that outnumbers the remaining server population

feanan
01-28-2015, 05:58 PM
red has peaked. numbers been stagnant lately.

pretty much all the people who want 300% leveling, free epic and dragon loot, and a completely non classic experience happen seem to be playing there already

the other 1200 of us? we like to get as close to classic as possible. even with all the extra raiding bullshit that goes on here

Daldaen
01-28-2015, 06:16 PM
yaw that description is pretty spot on

it's simply an issue of needing another guildleader to step up who isn't a total flake, which is likely to happen as the population gets higher and higher

Indeed. But as Raev said, the more Nirgon recruits with a pitch of "join us, you get free epic, VP key/gear", you draw members I'm sure but that just decreases the chance that any guild will grow enough to contest you on most any mob.

It sounds like Your guild is certainly the path of least resistance if you have blue-pixel goals in mind (epic, Vp gear, level 60). But every person that does that simply increases the blueness of your raid scene.

At Innoruuk that spawned this morning during work Rush-hour, I'm betting more people died from other guild's trains (and I'm sure all of us were guilty) than the number of players dying in Raid inspired PvP on red all week.

I like no variance and players sorting out raid disputes on their own. But the way you've described it, it sounds like there is less competition more just sneaking around and if the small guilds get discovered they just log because they know the inevitable; 20 loses to 40. Every time. Hell you even got suspended on CT in a petition quest worthy of BlueRNF if I am reading that correctly?

Seems like both have rather boring raid scenes due to 4 years Kunark and the actions of those involved.