PDA

View Full Version : My Take On: Sirken's SuperCast #42 ft: Cloki, and Raev!

eqgmrdbz
01-27-2015, 03:13 AM
Truth, i didn't sit thru the whole thing, i skimmed it. Whatever you guys were debating, i will have to remind everyone, that what killed live was too many expansions, too much patching, and too many Guilds bitching because they wanted to be lords of EQ.

It totally irritates me that you have people that take this game too seriously. This game is supposed to be fun, yeah hard but fun. One person cannot win this game, you need a group of people to reach the summit, but that doesnt mean a lone person cannot survive and have fun.

I think there should be a limit to the number of people you can have in a guild, also the top spawns should be ultra rare, that way, you may not stop TMO from getting every single kill, but it will take them way more time to acquire as much loot as they have now, and you limit their power by limiting the number of players that are uber twinked, that combined with a guild limit reduces their power.

I don't want this server to spiral down the way live did, you said Velious is the last expansion, you have also stated you wanted to keep things classic. Well i hope you keep your word, and not open more expansions. If you are a person that has everything in the game and is bored/tired, well let them leave. I'm sure there are 5 peeps behind them that want that spot.

And nobody truly leaves the game, many peeps have come back and played on P99 because they miss the game. I am sure many people will quit and comeback and start new characters just to get a fresh start. I guess my main point is don't give in to the guilds, they will never be satisfied, set your rules for the game, and if you lose peeps then o well.

Stabulous
01-27-2015, 03:53 AM
I read a story of mages in certain guilds precasting summons for hours for a few second headstart on a raid mob when it popped. Hearing things like that make me not even want to waste my time getting to endgame. It's sad and pathetic and I wouldn't want to be a part of it. Talk about taking a game too seriously..

Oleris
01-27-2015, 04:23 AM
can we get lord bob on sirken's stream?

Oleris
01-27-2015, 05:48 AM
So, I listened to the first hour and I enjoyed some of the ideas on how to fix the raid scene. However, I feel once velious comes out the greater supply of pixels will offset the the fact that p1999 has been in Kunark for 4 years. It's simple supply/demand. There is a high demand for pixels due to the "unclassic" amount of level 60's that are capable of taking down raid content compared to the fixed supply that has followed a "classic" timeline with 7 day average respawn.

Here's my ghetto p1999 Econ graph I made.

http://i.imgur.com/xybX6wt.jpg

Oleris
01-27-2015, 05:53 AM
So, I listened to the first hour and I enjoyed some of the ideas on how to fix the raid scene. However, I feel once velious comes out the greater supply of pixels will offset the the fact that p1999 has been in Kunark for 4 years. It's simple supply/demand. There is a high demand for pixels due to the "unclassic" amount of level 60's that are capable of taking down raid content compared to the fixed supply that has followed a "classic" timeline with 7 day average respawn.

Here's my ghetto p1999 Econ graph I made.

http://i.imgur.com/xybX6wt.jpg

so, we need a shock to the system (velious release) to raise the pixel supply ceiling higher or 1) shorter respawns/more respawns 2) fresh server to lower the pixel demand.

Simple pixel economics.

Swish
01-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Can't wait to finish my necro epic in 2017, gunna be gr8 times pals

joedirt87
01-27-2015, 09:57 AM
I like Velious and still has that classic feel to me but I would be fine with staying at Kunark. If you go past Velious into SoL you may as well get into PoP.

Daldaen
01-27-2015, 10:04 AM
SoF killed the game the most.

Levels 1-75 were fine.

Raiding was useful in GoD, OoW, DoN, DoD, PoR, TSS and TBS at level 75. The gear warranted getting together full raids to go after.

But once SoF dropped, Crystallos gear obsoleted basically all of those raids and it was doable with a single group. Many guilds died. If you weren't in the latest expansion, it wasn't worth raiding.

Was maximum dumb. Stupid groupers demanding gear they didn't need. Group gear was progressing just fine and it was tuned properly to complete group content. But they just HAD to have a 100% increase in stats going from TBS to SoF, and due to this every casual raising guild collapsed, or hemorrhaged members until they collapsed.

Ragaroth
01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
True endgame: Stand around and have people inspect you constantly. For this armies have rallied and gone to war.

Sirken
01-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Truth, i didn't sit thru the whole thing, i skimmed it. Whatever you guys were debating, i will have to remind everyone, that what killed live was too many expansions, too much patching, and too many Guilds bitching because they wanted to be lords of EQ.

heres the link for anyone that cares to listen - http://youtu.be/tqauzU4ig3M

Joyelle
01-27-2015, 10:42 AM
So, since it was implied in the chat that Class R doesn't know what "poopsocking" really means, and that it doesn't mean sitting and waiting on a mob for 16 hours, can someone here please tell me what the Class C definition of the word is?

"Not yours" is not a valid answer.

Since my guild has been accused of doing it, it would be nice to know what it actually is.

heartbrand
01-27-2015, 11:02 AM

Levels 1-75 were fine.

Raiding was useful in GoD, OoW, DoN, DoD, PoR, TSS and TBS at level 75. The gear warranted getting together full raids to go after.

But once SoF dropped, Crystallos gear obsoleted basically all of those raids and it was doable with a single group. Many guilds died. If you weren't in the latest expansion, it wasn't worth raiding.

Was maximum dumb. Stupid groupers demanding gear they didn't need. Group gear was progressing just fine and it was tuned properly to complete group content. But they just HAD to have a 100% increase in stats going from TBS to SoF, and due to this every casual raising guild collapsed, or hemorrhaged members until they collapsed.

You played past SoF though, and I thought we had quite a bit of fun in UF. The named mobs in UF with their special abilities, the achievements, and the flag quests, were all a lot of fun.

Daldaen
01-27-2015, 11:18 AM
You played past SoF though, and I thought we had quite a bit of fun in UF

And my guild collapsed due to SoF. As did most every guild who was an expansion or two back. It was retarded to, in one fell swoop, crush every guild by telling them "don't bother raiding these 5 expansions of content because you can get better gear with 6 people in Crystallos killing Squires".

Don't tell me you thought making CoA, Demi, Deathknell, Ashengate and Frostcrypt essentially useless aside from like 3 illusion clickies some augments and a small handful of utility Procs or clickies, was a good idea.

Those were some fantastic raids. Had some decent mechanics without being too overwhelming. Very fun encounters but it is extremely hard to hold a guild together and do those when 90% of the loot is worse than group gear.

Juevento
01-27-2015, 11:33 AM
So, since it was implied in the chat that Class R doesn't know what "poopsocking" really means, and that it doesn't mean sitting and waiting on a mob for 16 hours, can someone here please tell me what the Class C definition of the word is?

Since my guild has been accused of doing it, it would be nice to know what it actually is.

It's only poopsocking if it's a 96 hour window with extended variance. 16 hours waiting for a mob to spawn is obviously competition...

pasi
01-27-2015, 01:27 PM
I came back about a month before SoF launched (hadn't touched the game since 2004).

Was the first to discover T2/T3/T4 armor stuff. Ended up being better geared than the dudes in guild with full Solteris. SoF was glorious, fuck the haters.

Ele
01-27-2015, 01:35 PM
so, we need a shock to the system (wipe) to raise the pixel supply ceiling higher or 1) shorter respawns/more respawns 2) fresh server to lower the pixel demand.

Simple pixel economics.

FTFY

eqgmrdbz
01-27-2015, 02:33 PM

This is exactly what i was talking about, it shouldn't be up to the guilds ti decide how raid mobs pop, they will always want more, if you made the raid mobs pop ever hour, they will want them every 30 minutes. I want there to be a set of rules, and if there is a problem found, not with competition, but with the game, then it should be fixed, but not because a guild wants something made easier, or more convenient.

I'm sure you will have the big guilds talk of revolt, threaten to quit the game, I think this happened on live, but if P99 really is a free to play game, then Rogean shouldn't care weather they do or don't. Don't let the guilds run the game, and please stick to your guns. Velious will have more than enough pixels to make Uber Twinks, and also create more content to exlpore.

Fountree
01-27-2015, 03:02 PM

It totally irritates me that you have people that take this game too seriously. This game is supposed to be fun, yeah hard but fun. One person cannot win this game, you need a group of people to reach the summit, but that doesnt mean a lone person cannot survive and have fun.

I think there should be a limit to the number of people you can have in a guild, also the top spawns should be ultra rare, that way, you may not stop TMO from getting every single kill, but it will take them way more time to acquire as much loot as they have now, and you limit their power by limiting the number of players that are uber twinked, that combined with a guild limit reduces their power.

I don't want this server to spiral down the way live did, you said Velious is the last expansion, you have also stated you wanted to keep things classic. Well i hope you keep your word, and not open more expansions. If you are a person that has everything in the game and is bored/tired, well let them leave. I'm sure there are 5 peeps behind them that want that spot.

And nobody truly leaves the game, many peeps have come back and played on P99 because they miss the game. I am sure many people will quit and comeback and start new characters just to get a fresh start. I guess my main point is don't give in to the guilds, they will never be satisfied, set your rules for the game, and if you lose peeps then o well.

We understand you have strong opinions. I don't think anybody wants a staff that micromanages and limits the freedom players have to this extent though. Throwing more dictated rules, caveats and rule-based annoyances at an already complex game doesn't necessarily make a more enjoyable atmosphere, sorry.

perditionparty
01-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Is it just me that sees the humor in complaining that people take the game too seriously and then taking what is said on a podcast really seriously?

Cecily
01-27-2015, 04:00 PM
It's only poopsocking if it's a 96 hour window with extended variance. 16 hours waiting for a mob to spawn is obviously competition...

I wouldn't argue with that. Those poor suckers in FE would have 5+ people socking for a week or longer. And we'd fte over them w/ our one person almost every time.

Stonecrush
01-27-2015, 04:13 PM
I've have yet to listen to one of these before but after the fights for pixels are classic.

The fights for Rumbles. The fights for gear.

People crack me up. Friendships > Loot.

rebeccablack
01-27-2015, 04:25 PM
can we just say earthquakes? rumbles sounds so stupid

myriverse
01-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Rumbles sounds sexier.

maskedmelon
01-27-2015, 04:40 PM

Rumbles are when Norrath mumbles. Rathequakes are when the council shakes....

Karkona
01-27-2015, 05:03 PM
I think there should be a limit to the number of people you can have in a guild

What would be the benefit of this?

loramin
01-27-2015, 05:26 PM
What would be the benefit of this?

I think the real benefit would be this: any guild with more members than the limit would have to split up. Smaller guilds might not have to split, but the bigger ones would split in to multiple guilds, so on average you'd get about twice the number of guilds.

Clearly having twice as many guilds fighting over the same number of raid mobs will improve the server, amiright? ;)

Joyelle
01-27-2015, 05:31 PM

This is what I thought of everytime the word rumble was said during that stream:

http://i.imgur.com/3aLmeSr.jpg?1

Oleris
01-27-2015, 05:37 PM
This is what I thought of everytime the word rumble was said during that stream:

http://i.imgur.com/3aLmeSr.jpg?1

fixed it for ya.

http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2014/01/RoyalRumble11102004dog142.jpg

Thulack
01-27-2015, 05:41 PM
You played past SoF though, and I thought we had quite a bit of fun in UF. The named mobs in UF with their special abilities, the achievements, and the flag quests, were all a lot of fun.

If you enjoyed GoD then you enjoyed UF. I actually enjoyed even more of the raiding later on like HoT raiding as well as UF.

Verenity
01-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Wipe it clean

Burrito
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Make all raid mobs 6 minute timers until all hardcore guilds gets burned out and endgame loot is meaningless and the only fun to be had is leveling alts with full no drop gear.

Lyrith
01-27-2015, 07:06 PM
I have said it 100x and I will say it 100 more. Planes of Power is what made EQ an amazing game. It made soo much raid content, still a reason to farm gear. It did hurt some zones like Seb and Velks as people would level in the planes a little more often, like Plane of Innovation/Disease/Etc.

I loved the flags, getting them on everyone to raid, I loved going back to flag other people. I hated it later... It had great craftable items and made tradeskills even more worth while. At the end of the day Planes of Power, ohh man...

But at the end of the day, I will have what the server allows us and I will always be in a guild that is my home to kill those mobs.

Raev
01-27-2015, 08:24 PM

I always think:

http://www1.theladbible.com/images/content/547872e1f0a7e.jpg

and thats why "rumbles" are 10x better than "earthquakes"

Arteker
01-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Levels 1-75 were fine.

someone got it

August
01-27-2015, 08:49 PM
I have said it 100x and I will say it 100 more. Planes of Power is what made EQ an amazing game. It made soo much raid content, still a reason to farm gear. It did hurt some zones like Seb and Velks as people would level in the planes a little more often, like Plane of Innovation/Disease/Etc.

I loved the flags, getting them on everyone to raid, I loved going back to flag other people. I hated it later... It had great craftable items and made tradeskills even more worth while. At the end of the day Planes of Power, ohh man...

But at the end of the day, I will have what the server allows us and I will always be in a guild that is my home to kill those mobs.

I played classic-vel and loved it, but quit to play DaoC at some point.

I came back RIGHT as PoP came out - i had skipped luclin entirely. I loved PoP, loved the flagging, loved the story, loved the exp spots and loved the guild I was in. I have a lot of nostalgia for being a NOOB during classic but I have a lot of nostalgia for being a RAIDER during PoP.

I think that is probably the key difference here, and why I don't enjoy end game at all here but love leveling my alts through the zones that I'm comfortable with.

Don't know what i'd do with a PoP EMU. My immersion levels would go thru the roof.

kurtis
01-27-2015, 09:04 PM

39 people socking KC for a FFA VS with 13 hours left in window.

That's what a poopsock is.

and notice, it's always a class r guild that does this.

Joyelle
01-27-2015, 09:23 PM
39 people socking KC for a FFA VS with 13 hours left in window.

That's what a poopsock is.

but I was specifically told last night that is not what it is, thus why I'm confused.

and notice, it's always a class r guild that does this.

not gonna dispute that, and I think it's retarded.

eqgmrdbz
01-28-2015, 01:34 AM
PoP was enjoyable if you were up to that level to go to the Planes, but by that time all the OLD world zones were pretty barren. Bazaar killed EC trading, it helped sell items, but it killed the 1 to 1 interaction of trading. PoK was pretty much the death of the teleporting buisness, while it made it easier to level a new toon, i dont think it was worth that cost.

Things that i think would add to the game without breaking it, Shared bank slots, basic AA skills (Rangers needed this for Endless quiver), Mounts would be nice. Another thing i really enjoyed was the Upgradable armor that came with DoN, it allowed the ability to gain nice armor without needing to raid, and it also brought people back to the old zones. I guess all expansions added something, but after SoV it was more of a loss than a gain i think.

untergang
01-29-2015, 01:49 AM
Anyone who has made it to max level in a game as grind-heavy as EverQuest has done their share of poopsocking. Doubly so if they run a raiding guild. At that point, it's more a matter of how much poop you have in your sock than anything else.