PDA

View Full Version : Mala, malo, malosini stacking questions

Bristlebard
01-27-2015, 12:30 AM
How do these different spells work together?

Mala stacks with either malo or malosini? Tash doesn't stack with malo or malosini?

planarity
01-27-2015, 01:25 AM
How do these different spells work together?

Mala stacks with either malo or malosini? Tash doesn't stack with malo or malosini?

tash stacks with all of these. malosini overwrites malo and mala because it is a stronger debuff (though it is resistable and the other two aren't). malo and mala dont stack

webrunner5
01-27-2015, 07:24 AM
tash stacks with all of these. malosini overwrites malo and mala because it is a stronger debuff (though it is resistible and the other two aren't). malo and mala dont stack

Yeah the Enchanter debuffs are all irresistible which is a BIG plus for them over Shaman debuffs. :D Enchanters get some scary good spells. A LOT of them.

Bristlebard
01-27-2015, 07:47 AM
tash stacks with all of these. malosini overwrites malo and mala because it is a stronger debuff (though it is resistable and the other two aren't). malo and mala dont stack

So then the wiki is incorrect about the debuff slotting somewhere?

Daldaen
01-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Tashan line is unresistable and stacks with everything except other Tashan spells
Malo/Mala are the level 60 shaman/mage spells. They are unresistable but lower debuff.
Malosini is the highest Debuff available but can be resisted.

Ideal situation this occurs:

Tashan is cast and lands (cause unresistable) -39 MR
Malo is cast and lands (cause unresistable) -45 MR/FR/CR/PR
Malosini is now cast and hopefully lands and overwrites Malo (it should since the above two Debuffs combine for -84 MR)

Malosini is -60 Debuff whereas Malo is -45.

**If they ever fix bard stacking, a bard can proc a Tashan staff or Orb of Tishan and because bards were coded weirdly it stacks with other Tashan spells.

Byrjun
01-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Mala overwrites Malo which is weird because it lowers less resists. I always thought that was wrong but don't have any info from live to back it up.

Bristlebard
01-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Ok. I guess the wiki was just wrong. Looks like allakhazam/lucy debuff slot info meshes with what you guys are saying about stacking. Thanks.

planarity
01-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Ok. I guess the wiki was just wrong. Looks like allakhazam/lucy debuff slot info meshes with what you guys are saying about stacking. Thanks.

can you be specific about how and where it's wrong, and/or fix it?

Bristlebard
01-27-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't have an account or any idea how to edit those pages if I did have one, but look at the alla page for Malo (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1578) and the wiki page for it (http://wiki.project1999.com/Malo). The effects 1, 2, 3, 4, etc aren't the same.

It is my understanding that the reason two spells stack even if they do the same thing is because the effect #s are different. On the wiki, the debuff types and slot #s are different for malo/malosini (slot 1 poison, slot 2 magic, slot 3 fire, slot 4 cold) and mala (slot 2 cold, slot 3 magic, slot 4 poison ... wiki says it doesn't even debuff fire resist apparently), which is why I thought they would stack. Zam shows the slots are the same though, which means they wouldn't stack.

Unless I'm missing something.