PDA

View Full Version : Is BS jewelry worth investing in?

Troy
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
More directly: Does it go obsolete with Kunark and/or become much easier/cheaper to make?

I don't want to spend a ton of plat on it to potentially have it lose 90% of its value if Kunark comes out in a few months.

azeth
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
opinion: Blue Diamond Electrum Earrings > Black Sapphire if you're wearing them for the HP. Same goes with the Blue Diamond Gold Pendant over the Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace.

I do not agree that wearing direct +HP gear is worth losing the amount of resists 2x Blue Diamond Electrum Earrings + 1x Blue Diamond Gold pendant would give you.

Is a combined 125hp from BS ears/neck better than 23 fire, 28 disease, 23 cold, 12 magic, 28 poison from BD ears/neck?

Troy
09-22-2010, 03:29 PM
It's almost infinitely better at levels 1-49 IMO. I've never seen the planes and probably never will at this rate.

Skope
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
opinion: Blue Diamond Electrum Earrings > Black Sapphire if you're wearing them for the HP. Same goes with the Blue Diamond Gold Pendant over the Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace.

I do not agree that wearing direct +HP gear is worth losing the amount of resists 2x Blue Diamond Electrum Earrings + 1x Blue Diamond Gold pendant would give you.

Is a combined 125hp from BS ears/neck better than 23 fire, 28 disease, 23 cold, 12 magic, 28 poison from BD ears/neck?

that depends on your class and what you're doing. I have a full set of resist gear (both masks, pendant/tiara) but I don't wear it until i need it (raids, and even the only on specific mobs and perhaps even depending on the situation). The black saph set is fantastic on a shaman and tanks/hybrids considering the lack of pure +hp gear in classic.

The earrings will probably get replaced in kunark, though that also depends on the class. The necklace is still very viable and will persist to be a great piece thru kunark

Messianic
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
HP Gear is incredible if not vital if you're really trying to level quickly 1-50, depending on your class.

BS' will begin to drop more frequently in Kunark though, so those items should go down in price somewhat (IIRC).

Somekid123
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Right now BS only drop off planes and the named lizard in oot. Come kunark it drops off dungeon trash like Seb. Price will only drop.

Kender
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
prices may drop, but the need for use will still be there. I recall needing BS resist gear for end game velious raids (dragon killing needs lots of resists)

azeth
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
black sapphires do not provide resists, you're thinking blue diamonds.

the velium black saph neck is 65hp/mana

Arclanz
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Let's address the core of the question....Kunark....well my good friend; I would guess you have at least one year before Kunark launches. So when considering your market; assume it's just old world - no kunark.

Kender
09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
black sapphires do not provide resists, you're thinking blue diamonds.

the velium black saph neck is 65hp/mana

so i was... it's been about 8 years 8)

Troy
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Let's address the core of the question....Kunark....well my good friend; I would guess you have at least one year before Kunark launches. So when considering your market; assume it's just old world - no kunark.

The question is not 'When will Kunark come?' but 'When Kunark comes, will BS gear drop in price by 50+%?'

Unless I've missed something, nobody has a clue on the first one and there are already a million threads on it. I'm asking a different question which is much more predictable.

Arclanz
09-23-2010, 11:28 AM
The question is not 'When will Kunark come?' but 'When Kunark comes, will BS gear drop in price by 50+%?'

Unless I've missed something, nobody has a clue on the first one and there are already a million threads on it. I'm asking a different question which is much more predictable.

Your question was predicated with the phrase, "when kunark comes out in a few months." But whateva.

Troy
09-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I wrote if, not when. Very different statements.

Lagaidh
09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
You're going to to need VO5 hot oil treatment to deal with the split hairs.

azeth
09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
It's almost infinitely better at levels 1-49 IMO. I've never seen the planes and probably never will at this rate.

Hope you never see splitpaw either without decent resists. Also, in a perfect world everyone would have Black Saph + BD to swap in and out. However, I assumed you did not have the capability to buy both sets due to the question you asked- herego why I responded BD > BS.