PDA

View Full Version : Recharging on Red99

Littlegyno 13.0
01-26-2015, 02:52 AM
Emperor Rogean, blessed of Norrath and Lady Angel Nilberg, defender of the pixel and lord of the spergs, hear my plea:

Red99 suffers from the inability to recharge items. This was done to prevent charging PVP specific items such as Ivandry's Hoop and Golem Wands. This is all well and good and encourages PVP without bl;owing 8 items for instant kills.

HOWEVER, during Velious, one rechargable item in particular is particularly useful to recharge and this is the "Locket of Escape."

Without the ability to recharge, these items, which may no longer be acquired, will have to be used without possibility of recharge.

Can we have recharging turned on for this particular item?

Lasher
01-26-2015, 03:16 AM
i think it cost 20k to recharge

Seems balanced and isnt over powered in PVP for the intent on nerfing recharging

Smedy
01-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Emperor Rogean, blessed of Norrath and Lady Angel Nilberg, defender of the pixel and lord of the spergs, hear my plea:

Red99 suffers from the inability to recharge items. This was done to prevent charging PVP specific items such as Ivandry's Hoop and Golem Wands. This is all well and good and encourages PVP without bl;owing 8 items for instant kills.

HOWEVER, during Velious, one rechargable item in particular is particularly useful to recharge and this is the "Locket of Escape."

Without the ability to recharge, these items, which may no longer be acquired, will have to be used without possibility of recharge.

Can we have recharging turned on for this particular item?

there's a good reason recharge was taken out, especially on this particular item.

the emperor says:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/12/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

Lasher
01-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Whats the good reason no recharging for this particular item?

heartbrand
01-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Pretty big disadvantage that we can't recharge mallets also

Daldaen
01-26-2015, 10:08 AM
You can turn in 4 rubies and get a mallet. Recharging the mallet costs about 4 rubies.

More tedious yes, not impossible.

But it is a shame red is unclassic with no item recharging. It really makes PvE game more fun at the high-end. Gives you new tools to work with and things to challenge yourself after 4 years Kunark. Plus it helps handle Plat inflation. So much goes into the abyss that is NPC merchants it makes sure there isn't too terribly much plat floating around.

Should just make all items with charges not work in PvP if that's your concern. Except Pumice since I know you all would complain endlessly about not being able to remove all buffs.

Lasher
01-26-2015, 10:34 AM
They already made Ivandyr hoop not work in pvp. I think all or most instant cast items were given casting times.

Locket recharge has very little affect on pvp. Also at 20k to recharge that would take a lot a plat out od circulation

Daldaen
01-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Giving instant cast clickies cast times is horribly unclassic. Remove that.

Just make them not usable against players.

heartbrand
01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Giving instant cast clickies cast times is horribly unclassic. Remove that.

Just make them not usable against players.

Agree. Daldaen for Red dev.

nilbog
01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
There is no functionality that allows recharging on individual items. The system works as a whole, or does not at all.

Due to fervent complaints of recharging on the pvp server, it was wholly disabled.

heartbrand
01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
There is no functionality that allows recharging on individual items. The system works as a whole, or does not at all.

Due to fervent complaints of recharging on the pvp server, it was wholly disabled.

Couldn't you do this by setting the recharge price on things like golem wands at something like 1 million pp?

Laugher
01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Locket recharge = part of The Vision®

And that 20k plat dump

*edit* maybe not did not see Nilbog's post :p

Smedy
01-26-2015, 12:53 PM

case closed, thanks ladyberg goblin

Nirgon
01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Like boxing, this defeats the classic experience as far as recharging. It wasn't some wide spread/widely known issue.

However, being able to farm things like the kedge ice wand for wizards in pvp is a non-classic hit for them.

Moreso the resist system before? Conflag and ice wand would probably hit for full every single time and was game breaking with that non-classic resist system.

Now? Pretty sure you're coming up empty burning a conflag wand into a geared target.

As far as trak teeth, did we ever confirm that it was an on click effect? I believe there were some items on live that said they had charges but only consumed them thru melee'ing with them. Never saw/heard of a Trak tooth used ever in pvp on live, and I'm sure it would have been if it was as powerful as it is here... especially on RZ where there was item loot.

Another thing is the golem wand camp created another contested pvp camp. And it was a much better pvp experience camping/fighting over that than the KC zone line and melee disci gib plug fest. Even better? It'd move much more pvp to the golem wand camp and out of KC... seb is FFA flagged right now (also non-classic) and HS is too risky for most to think about as a casual team.

PS: Yes I realize RZ got into VP during Velious or so, like a bunch of other guilds. Still, I you'd think at least someone would have heard it through the rumor mill that someone lost some major item over a trak tooth burn. Maybe they were worried the quest wouldn't work if you used the charge so they left it alone.

vouss
01-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Love my custom 99 item recharging is lame and I'm glad it's gone. If we wants things to be back for the sake of being classic let's get full duration t-staffs back to then, Yeah?

Nirgon
01-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Item recharging bad

But dispelling and resists are largely corrected

I'd be fine with golem wand and nuke clicky roll back aside from soulfire and trak tooth

heartbrand
01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Love my custom 99 item recharging is lame and I'm glad it's gone. If we wants things to be back for the sake of being classic let's get full duration t-staffs back to then, Yeah?

Full duration wasn't classic.

Daldaen
01-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Just make no instant clickies work on PCs and then enable recharge.

Would move you one step closer to classic.

Would just need to get rid of global OOC, apparently you have 150 people on red so you don't need it now right? Increasing population by 50% is pretty huge, good job! Plus would need to remove yellow text, the broken exp modifier, and add item loot.

Would be a lot closer to RallosZek2000.

Lasher
01-26-2015, 05:25 PM
On Tz, locket recharging was not rampant but if you wanted to buy a charge you could. open market was like 100k to get bound in PoM. I think Linse would do it

It all depends on the server what your classic experience was

Tameth
01-26-2015, 05:27 PM

yet on blue you can recharge everything BUT Ivandyr's Hoop...

Littlegyno 13.0
01-26-2015, 05:42 PM
This is a ridiculous situation.

They make recharging not work on Red for PVP reasons.

Then they make all those fucking items either have a cast time or don't work on players.

So now we can't recharge on Red99 due to an outdated reason.

Littlegyno 13.0
01-26-2015, 06:04 PM
now that you specifically want it ... you, little gyno.... because you personally are asking.

no. and now it will never be done for sure.

gj ultra meta troll

now ask for velious

naw, emperor rogean and lady angel nilberg know i'm legit.

MEGANS LAW
01-26-2015, 06:34 PM
it was taken out because of root net

root net was a problem because of resists, not because a farmable item from Perma was casting lvl 4 root on people

pasi
01-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi pals,

I'm assuming the intent of this post was enabling lockets for PoM binding. I posted before that there is a method for binding melee that we utilized on live. I've been told it doesn't work here, but I really doubt people have seriously tried timing it.

Anyhow, when my enchanter gets a rez, I time it so that I accept the rez close to when C2 would land. Latency will carry the spell over to take effect after the rez lands. The same thing works (or did on live) with bind affinity. It's just a lot harder to pull off with another person casting the spell.

Smedy
01-27-2015, 05:39 AM
emperor nilberg ladybug says

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

pras the nilberg

Nirgon
01-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Rather see bard stacking / classic stamina on both servers

Vandy
01-27-2015, 03:40 PM
If it is just this item. A custom quest could be put in to recharge. Hand in 20k + item or something similar. Not sure if that would be implemented or not as I'm sure as soon as it would people would start wanting other items added.

Ele
01-27-2015, 06:42 PM
yet on blue you can recharge everything BUT Ivandyr's Hoop...

because you can't sell it to vendors.

The item tables would have to be reversed on red, where all the other clickies would get 0 vendor values and the locket gets set for 10kpp.

Ele
01-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Did none of you guys think about this when asking for no recharges? lol

Littlegyno 13.0
01-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Did none of you guys think about this when asking for no recharges? lol

we did. but the whining faggots who don't want any farmable clickies in pvp got their way.

Smedy
01-28-2015, 03:35 AM
ya cuz gyno needing to bind his 20 purchased melees is a big problem but recharging clickies and making pvp dumb isnt

stay biased u fucks, i love this box cause compared to vztz here they won't change or wipe whenever you fucks rally up and demand it

Littlegyno 13.0
01-28-2015, 04:47 PM
ya cuz gyno needing to bind his 20 purchased melees is a big problem but recharging clickies and making pvp dumb isnt

stay biased u fucks, i love this box cause compared to vztz here they won't change or wipe whenever you fucks rally up and demand it

?? you faggots have demanded NON CLASSIC changes to make it easier for you dipshits to PVP.

no recharging - not classic
no clickies - not classic

what you want is an instanced version of eq to avoid any and all competition and pvp. figured you'd want that smedy, you and your euro pals are the biggest cheating pieces of blue shit since vztz 1.0.

ALL CLASSIC OR GIVE ME DEATH

Littlegyno 13.0
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
bump??

any concensus about if recharging, which is classic, will be turned back on for red99??

blue currently recharges mallets, lockets, and other clickies while red suffers.

this will only intensify in velious.

pgerman
03-14-2015, 05:49 PM
not allowing recharge on red was the best pvp fix they have ever done

clicky dmg and pells that are rechargeable, along with binds?

They will never allow you scumlords to recharge your lockets of escape and golem wands

dis_mornin
03-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Recharging should be allowed on red.. Not sure why this is such a huge issue for the pop and the devs. Mallet farming sucks and is not classic.

Red_Psyphon
03-15-2015, 09:13 AM
no recharging ever pls. Mallets are for wimps btw

vouss
03-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Don't take away golem wand or ice giant toe PvP please

lite
03-15-2015, 03:25 PM
LMFAO Holo trying to figure out how to get their massive Zerg bound. Could this thread's intentions be any more transparent?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-15-2015, 03:35 PM
LMFAO Holo trying to figure out how to get their massive Zerg bound. Could this thread's intentions be any more transparent?

u want non-classic everquest? figured you did cause that's the only way you can compete.

CLASSIC EVERQUEST IS RECHARGING. PRAS EMPEROR ROGEAN.

cockscythe
03-15-2015, 09:23 PM
can the lead designer be addicted to opiates and have to sell his Ferrari for rent money too? I want this to be as classic as possible

Smedy
03-16-2015, 08:08 AM

yep, gyno spotted in various other threads trying to acquire lockets of escape

disgusting and biased beyond belief under the veil of "classic"

heartbrand
03-16-2015, 08:25 AM
some of you are so out of touch with the vision of project1999 and how it works

heartbrand
03-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Rather than correcting resists, they just nerfed recharging across the board.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 02:53 PM
The recharging of items on red99 will completely destroy the integrity of the server.

First, imagine armies of melee all clicking their rechargeable lockets in Kael to zerg down AoW. Some could argue lockets are 20k a pop to recharge, but platinum isn't an issue for many, many neckbeards on this server including myself. The cost is irrelevant. Imagine the same thing being done in PvP fights. Die, pop up, loot, zerg and win. Then do this each time you have a fight. This was never done on any live server, but it will 100% be done here without a doubt. It completely diminishes any aspect of skill.

Second, puppet strings should not be able to be recharged. I am sick enough to recharge my strings daily. Imagine that on a paladin with 5 soulfires, a hasted pet with charm buried on the 15th slot. If that is in the spirit of "classic Everquest PvP" then you did not play on live PvP servers.

Finally, the ridiculous bias in this post is because the people wanting this change do not have lockets. The only way they will be able to bind en masse in Mischief is if this change is made. Do not be manipulated into this change that will ruin the integrity of the server.

Recharging was taken out for a reason. It made PvP stupid. Golem wanding someone 3 times and then clicking a Trakanon's Tooth wasn't classic. Clicking lockets en masse for PvE/PvP isn't classic, either.

Do we want to go back to the days of 13 people recharging Redwood Wands on each other?

Smedy
03-16-2015, 02:55 PM
The recharging of items on red99 will completely destroy the integrity of the server.

First, imagine armies of melee all clicking their rechargeable lockets in Kael to zerg down AoW. Some could argue lockets are 20k a pop to recharge, but platinum isn't an issue for many, many neckbeards on this server including myself. The cost is irrelevant. Imagine the same thing being done in PvP fights. Die, pop up loot, zerg. It completely diminishes any aspect of skill.

Second, puppet strings should not be able to be recharged. I am sick enough to recharge my strings daily. Imagine that on a paladin with 5 soulfires, a hasted pet with charm buried on the 15th slot. If that is in the spirit of "classic Everquest PvP" then you did not play on live PvP servers.

Finally, the ridiculous bias in this post is because the people wanting this change do not have lockets. The only way they will be able to bind en masse in Mischief is if this change is made. Do not be manipulated into this change that will ruin the integrity of the server.

/thread

Daldaen
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
The server that had the biggest guild disbanded for exploiting then the next guild to fill the vaccuum was disbanded for officer/leader RMTing, on a PvP server where the entire point is to grief other players who are attempting to play the PvE aspect. Where it's the same 150 people logging in every night, many of which bought their gear with blue platinum.

Is that the one whose Integrity is in jeopardy?

Managing to Strings charm a mob 15 buffs deep is impressive on a paladin. And if you are fighting said person get some root nets (or cast roots yourself) and you easily neutralize that threat. Or blind or fear it and get it starting a train that will come back and wreck the paladin.

And the only guild on Red will already be 80-man herpderp zerging down AoW regardless of where binding happens. You should be able to bind melee in Kael anyways also, just in some designated area.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
The server that had the biggest guild disbanded for exploiting then the next guild to fill the vaccuum was disbanded for officer/leader RMTing, on a PvP server where the entire point is to grief other players who are attempting to play the PvE aspect. Where it's the same 150 people logging in every night, many of which bought their gear with blue platinum.

Is that the one whose Integrity is in jeopardy?

Managing to Strings charm a mob 15 buffs deep is impressive on a paladin. And if you are fighting said person get some root nets (or cast roots yourself) and you easily neutralize that threat. Or blind or fear it and get it starting a train that will come back and wreck the paladin.

And the only guild on Red will already be 80-man herpderp zerging down AoW regardless of where binding happens. You should be able to bind melee in Kael anyways also, just in some designated area.

Your perspective is wrong and inaccurate. The entire point isn't to "grief other players who are attempting to play the PvE aspect." The entire point is to have fun playing Everquest. This means the administration has to balance broken mechanics that will make PvP broken (Trakanon's tooth, wands, etc.). The staff did a great job of this by removing the ability to recharge items. There is absolutely no reason to reinstate this mechanic that will break PvP and PvE once again.

Kael was a poor example of using the locket in PvE. However, it will be done in other zones to gain a PvP/PvE advantage without a doubt. If you think burying 15 slots on a charmed pet is impressive then this shows your lack of understanding of basic PvP mechanics. The fact you're saying you should use root nets is even more laughable.

Please keep this thread on topic: The recharging of Lockets of Escape will break Red99 PvP and PvE to a point the server hasn't seen since instant cast Golem Wands and Trakanon's Tooth.

Barladore
03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
No, I am in consensus with Pgerman, recharging should NOT be added back to red.

Daldaen
03-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Okay let's go through the 15 buffs a paladin can stack on a charmed pet.

First he's gonna have to use 1 charge to charm the mob.
Second he's going to have to cast some junk buffs. Bracer of the Hidden, Ragefire Arms, Endure Disease, Endure Poison, HP, AC, Symbol. (That's only 7 buffs)
Third he's going to have to break charm, root the mob, recharm it, and stick something else in top slot when root ends.

Paladin can't do that alone, if he is having assistance, it's not really much different than an enchanter charming it and the paladin having a SoulFire.

Root nets are fantastic, even with the unclassic cast time red has on them. If you aren't keeping max buffs on the pet or SoW near a top slot, root net would be tough to dispell.

Recharging adds a whole new depth to the game. It makes it more dynamic and fun. If your goal is to make a fun and balanced PvP server (which is extremely unclassic), then yes you need to put some restrictions in on clickies usable in PvP. But that doesn't mean Recharging cannot exist to accomplish that style of server.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Okay let's go through the 15 buffs a paladin can stack on a charmed pet.

First he's gonna have to use 1 charge to charm the mob.
Second he's going to have to cast some junk buffs. Bracer of the Hidden, Ragefire Arms, Endure Disease, Endure Poison, HP, AC, Symbol. (That's only 7 buffs)
Third he's going to have to break charm, root the mob, recharm it, and stick something else in top slot when root ends.

Paladin can't do that alone, if he is having assistance, it's not really much different than an enchanter charming it and the paladin having a SoulFire.

Root nets are fantastic, even with the unclassic cast time red has on them. If you aren't keeping max buffs on the pet or SoW near a top slot, root net would be tough to dispell.

PvP doesn't exist or happen in a vacuum. There are so many scenarios to get 15 buffs on a charmed pet it isn't worth describing.

Do not change the topic of this thread: Recharging on red was taken out because it destroys the PvP aspect and diminishes the spirit of of a PvP server.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Recharging adds a whole new depth to the game. It makes it more dynamic and fun. If your goal is to make a fun and balanced PvP server (which is extremely unclassic), then yes you need to put some restrictions in on clickies usable in PvP. But that doesn't mean Recharging cannot exist to accomplish that style of server.

What is dynamic and fun about getting instantly killed with an unresistable 1000 point nuke with instant cast dispel wands, Wands of Souls, Wands of Conflagration, and numerous other instant cast items that ruin the integrity of the server?

Nothing. That is why the staff of Project 1999 removed it. That is why it needs to remain the way it is. The goal isn't to make it fair or balanced. Everquest cannot ever be fair or balanced. However, you can remove things that will make the population plummet just like it did during the Classic era on the red server.

Do you have end-game experience PvPing on the red server? The nature of your posts indicate that you do not. If this is the case, you should remain out of the thread since you're not qualified to discuss PvP mechanics.

I repeat: Do not change the topic of this thread. Recharging on red was taken out because it destroys the PvP aspect and diminishes the spirit of of a PvP server.

Daldaen
03-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Recharging was taken out as a rush job to attempt to balance a horribly unbalanced aspect of EverQuest.

Read my edit - Recharging and unclassic balanced PvP can coexist. You just need to limit the items that can recharge (manually set certain buybacks astronomically high), or set those clickies to be NPC only, or further modify the unclassic cast times you have.

And I still can't think of any scenario where a solo'd paladin can buff a puppet strings pet to 14 buffs and charm... Which is what I read your previous comment as. If it was a paladin plus a group, then yes.

Daldaen
03-16-2015, 03:42 PM
What is dynamic and fun about getting instantly killed with an unresistable 1000 point nuke with instant cast dispel wands, Wands of Souls, Wands of Conflagration, and numerous other instant cast items that ruin the integrity of the server?

Nothing. That is why the staff of Project 1999 removed it. That is why it needs to remain the way it is. The goal isn't to make it fair or balanced. Everquest cannot ever be fair or balanced. However, you can remove things that will make the population plummet just like it did during the Classic era on the red server.

I repeat: Do not change the topic of this thread. Recharging on red was taken out because it destroys the PvP aspect and diminishes the spirit of of a PvP server.

I agree. Instant killing clickies are dumb and shouldn't be permitted. Which is why Conflagration wands and Traks Teeth can be tagged NPC only target.... Or the Tradeable ones can be set to 100k buybacks

While he more mundane things like... Rings of Shadows, Midnight Mallets or WC Caps can be allowed to recharge.

They have already done a lot of balancing by adding cast times and class restrictions to many of those items as well...

Slathar
03-16-2015, 03:46 PM
I agree. Instant killing clickies are dumb and shouldn't be permitted. Which is why Conflagration wands and Traks Teeth can be tagged NPC only target.... Or the Tradeable ones can be set to 100k buybacks

While he more mundane things like... Rings of Shadows, Midnight Mallets or WC Caps can be allowed to recharge.

They have already done a lot of balancing by adding cast times and class restrictions to many of those items as well...

Any item that allows a force to bind melees wherever it wants, whenever it wants, however many times it wants, is going to ruin the server.

Do you see why?

The staff got this right. Keep item recharging off of Red99.

Daldaen
03-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Any item that allows a force to bind melees wherever it wants, whenever it wants, however many times it wants, is going to ruin the server.

Do you see why?

The staff got this right. Keep item recharging off of Red99.

I don't disagree that Lockets should be something set to an astronomically high value. 20k doesn't hurt, maybe 200k or 2million would. I don't think you would be seeing a Melee bind rush with Lockets costing 2million to buy back. But a single rogue who wants to be special may then shell out the cash to live in PoM, that - IMO - is fine.

My whole point is there are rather benign, utility clickies which can make the game more fun that won't make PvP retarded. And there are also items which make PvE more fun and dynamic, that you can limit their use against PCs.

You're rushing to paint all chargeable items with a broad brush and you're prescribing the only solution to be "Don't allow any items to recharge".

When they (devs) have many tools in their arsenal to make sure the PvP breaking clickies can be prevented from being used in mass, through a variety of means:

1. Changing cast times
2. Changing buyback values
3. Restricting to only work on NPCs

But I'll leave your thread now that I've said my piece. Recharging can make the game more fun and remove platinum from an already inflated economy. And it can be done in a way that won't break PvP. It just takes a bit more thought than "ban it all".

krazyGlue
03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I vote. No

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
this is an amazing troll by slathar.

he pretends that people are going to use the already rare lockets of escape to mass bind raids in order to bind rush?

really slathar bravo.

back to the issue: red deserves recharging at the exact same price/method as blue. we can't recharge lockets for mischief binds, we can't recharge mallets for PVE encounters.

If rogean decides to make golem wands not rechargeable, thats fine, BECAUSE THEY STILL FUCKING DROP.

krazyGlue
03-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Yes your guild will . I vote fuck no .

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Yes your guild will . I vote fuck no .

i mean, do you have any evidence of us using lockets or binding melees to bind rush before or are you just talking out your ass?

forum posts? logs? screenshots? fraps?

Slathar
03-16-2015, 05:02 PM
this is an amazing troll by slathar.

he pretends that people are going to use the already rare lockets of escape to mass bind raids in order to bind rush?

really slathar bravo.

back to the issue: red deserves recharging at the exact same price/method as blue. we can't recharge lockets for mischief binds, we can't recharge mallets for PVE encounters.

If rogean decides to make golem wands not rechargeable, thats fine, BECAUSE THEY STILL FUCKING DROP.

This is not a troll. I am addressing an issue that would break the server in every aspect; PvE and PvP.

You say that Golem Metal Wands shouldn't be rechargeable because they still drop. This means that you feel because you didn't have the time, ability, or forward planning to camp Lockets of Escape that a special exception should be made for people who don't have one so they may bind in Plane of Mischief. This is the definition of bias.

Item recharging will throw this server back into the era of instant death, plummet the population into double digits, and serve only the self-centered players who didn't take initiative to camp Lockets of Escape in advance.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 05:03 PM
i mean, do you have any evidence of us using lockets or binding melees to bind rush before or are you just talking out your ass?

There was no precedent of guilds using Trakanon's Tooth on a regular basis on Live PvP servers, but yet it still got removed. People here have the benefit of 16 years of Everquest knowledge. Of course people will use the Locket of Escape in nefarious ways to trivialize difficult PvE encounters and PvP encounters. Next question, please.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 05:20 PM
This is not a troll. I am addressing an issue that would break the server in every aspect; PvE and PvP.

You say that Golem Metal Wands shouldn't be rechargeable because they still drop. This means that you feel because you didn't have the time, ability, or forward planning to camp Lockets of Escape that a special exception should be made for people who don't have one so they may bind in Plane of Mischief. This is the definition of bias.

Item recharging will throw this server back into the era of instant death, plummet the population into double digits, and serve only the self-centered players who didn't take initiative to camp Lockets of Escape in advance.

I'm in favor of full classic, rechargeable golem wands, PVP clickable trak teeth etc. I'm willing to support a compromise as several people have complained that they don't want clickies involved in PVP.

How exactly will allowing mallets and lockets to be recharged result in a era of instant death?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 05:21 PM
There was no precedent of guilds using Trakanon's Tooth on a regular basis on Live PvP servers, but yet it still got removed. People here have the benefit of 16 years of Everquest knowledge. Of course people will use the Locket of Escape in nefarious ways to trivialize difficult PvE encounters and PvP encounters. Next question, please.

Basically what you're saying is that people were stupid on live so therefore these things shouldn't be allowed to an emulator 15 years later.

How will lockets trivialize content? You can bind in Kael already and Skyshrine, that was your argument previously?

Slathar
03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Basically what you're saying is that people were stupid on live so therefore these things shouldn't be allowed to an emulator 15 years later.

How will lockets trivialize content? You can bind in Kael already and Skyshrine, that was your argument previously?

Kael and Skyshrine are only two zones. There are an uncountable number of situations where an army of melee binding at the same spot would trivialize content and PvP encounters.

Let me reiterate, item recharging on Red99 will absolutely destroy the integrity of PvP in every way possible.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Kael and Skyshrine are only two zones. There are an uncountable number of situations where an army of melee binding at the same spot would trivialize content and PvP encounters.

Let me reiterate, item recharging on Red99 will absolutely destroy the integrity of PvP in every way possible.

Ok, so you're implying that Holocaust has enough lockets to give to 40-50? melees and we will use them at encounters to bind at specific targets to bind rush them down?

and you believe this because....?

You're either in ultra troll or you're just a fucking idiot.

Lockets are almost exclusively used in Velious to bind melee characters in plane of mischief. Not sure why/how you're being so obtuse and trying to confuse people with your conspiracy theories of how the evil and nefarious holocaust guild will suddenly have 100 lockets and bind rush raid targets.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Example?

Slathar
03-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Ok, so you're implying that Holocaust has enough lockets to give to 40-50? melees and we will use them at encounters to bind at specific targets to bind rush them down?

and you believe this because....?

You're either in ultra troll or you're just a fucking idiot.

Lockets are almost exclusively used in Velious to bind melee characters in plane of mischief. Not sure why/how you're being so obtuse and trying to confuse people with your conspiracy theories of how the evil and nefarious holocaust guild will suddenly have 100 lockets and bind rush raid targets.

Where did I mention any guild? This isn't a guild issue. This is a server issue. I don't care which guild can or cannot bind an infinite number of melees an infinite number of times. I just don't want it put back in game for the previously mentioned issues.

If you're trying to get the staff to make a change because you don't have lockets that seems like a biased effort. Things were changed for a reason. Keep item recharging off Red99.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Example?

One raid force has lockets and the opposing raid force does not. 12 melees from the raid force with lockets bind themselves in the zone to bind rush.

That's one very generalized example of an infinite range of possibilities that were never seen on Live PvP servers. This is similar to Trakanon's Tooth being clicked. It wasn't done hardly ever on Live. On Red99 it was commonplace. The same thing will happen with Lockets of Escape being abused.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 06:16 PM
One raid force has lockets and the opposing raid force does not. 12 melees from the raid force with lockets bind themselves in the zone to bind rush.

That's one very generalized example of an infinite range of possibilities that were never seen on Live PvP servers. This is similar to Trakanon's Tooth being clicked. It wasn't done hardly ever on Live. On Red99 it was commonplace. The same thing will happen with Lockets of Escape being abused.

Can't make this up Lady Angel Nilbog. Slathar truly believes a guild will use lockets to mass bind melees during PVP in an effort to bind rush pvp/raid targets.

your example doesn't make sense and it didn't make sense when you first posted it. Melees can bind in kael/skyshrine and lockets don't allow you to bind in dungeons aka temple of veeshan, dragon necropolis, or siren's grotto.

So essentially you're worried about a guild using lockets to bind rush these four mobs: Klandicar in WW, Sontalak in WW, Kelorek`Dar in Cobalt Scar and Wuoshi in Wakening Lands.

That's your argument to create non-classic changes? Not instant PVP death but you're afraid of 12 melees bind rushing these four mobs?

Thankfully, Emperor Rogean and Lady Angel Nilbog sees through shit like this argument pretty easily.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Can't make this up Lady Angel Nilbog. Slathar truly believes a guild will use lockets to mass bind melees during PVP in an effort to bind rush pvp/raid targets.

your example doesn't make sense and it didn't make sense when you first posted it. Melees can bind in kael/skyshrine and lockets don't allow you to bind in dungeons aka temple of veeshan, dragon necropolis, or siren's grotto.

So essentially you're worried about a guild using lockets to bind rush these four mobs: Klandicar in WW, Sontalak in WW, Kelorek`Dar in Cobalt Scar and Wuoshi in Wakening Lands.

That's your argument to create non-classic changes? Not instant PVP death but you're afraid of 12 melees bind rushing these four mobs?

Thankfully, Emperor Rogean and Lady Angel Nilbog sees through shit like this argument pretty easily.

Or you could bind everyone in WW outside of ToV. Or anywhere else where a huge PvP fight may happen. The sky's the limit because you could change it any time you want, however many times you want. That's the whole point.

Thankfully the staff removed this broken mechanic. Let's keep it that way to make sure PvP doesn't become completely broken again.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Or you could bind everyone in WW outside of ToV. Or anywhere else where a huge PvP fight may happen. The sky's the limit because you could change it any time you want, however many times you want. That's the whole point.

Thankfully the staff removed this broken mechanic. Let's keep it that way to make sure PvP doesn't become completely broken again.

You heard it here first folks; Slathar afraid 12 buffless melees are going to bind in Western Wastes, run into NTOV and tip the scales of the battle in their favor!!

ALL WITH USING LOCKETS OF ESCAPE.

Once again, your example is as ridiculous as you are.

Nilbog/Rogean, the facts are clear. Blue99 enjoys recharging essential items such as midnight mallets for encounters and lockets of escape for melee binds. Due to PVP clickable items such as golem wands, trakanon's tooth, and ivandyr's hoop not working on Red99, there simply is no reason not to enable recharging to be more in line with Classic Everquest appropriate for this era and parity with blue.

The argument that melees will die in mass pvp, go back to their bind nearby and pick up their swords to win the fight is just a ridiculous ruse by Slathar, a known troll on Red99, to create a situation where melees won't be able to bind in plane of mischief unless they own a locket.

And for the record, I have 9 lockets, so it's not doing me any good as I can bind all my melee characters anyways.

krazyGlue
03-16-2015, 07:16 PM
I vote no . Gyno is a weasel and cannot be trusted .

krazyGlue
03-16-2015, 07:16 PM

You bind rushed us in fear . Causing a massive train / Suicide leading to a raid suspension . What's stoping you from doing this again ?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 07:24 PM
You bind rushed us in fear . Causing a massive train / Suicide leading to a raid suspension . What's stoping you from doing this again ?

Oh, so bind rushing has been used without lockets? So it's an irrelevant argument?

Thanks Sickpuppy.

Again, the argument that lockets will suddenly make bind rushing a tactic for zones like NTOV and DN is a ridiculous proposition due to their rarity and cost of recharging.

Please make the mechanics on red more inline with blue in regards to recharging items such as mallets/lockets.

Thanks yall.

Crazycloud
03-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Oh, so bind rushing has been used without lockets? So it's an irrelevant argument?

Thanks Sickpuppy.

Again, the argument that lockets will suddenly make bind rushing a tactic for zones like NTOV and DN is a ridiculous proposition due to their rarity and cost of recharging.

Please make the mechanics on red more inline with blue in regards to recharging items such as mallets/lockets.

Thanks yall.

Man gyno just wrecked you hard LOL.

Can we please forum ban these guys for trolling velious threads? can clearly tell they are. Locket recharge is clearly classic, and the only real items that will really change pvp is trak tooth/wand instant nukes.

LostCause
03-16-2015, 08:45 PM
dont forget about golem wands

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
dont forget about golem wands

wands are really a non-issue.

1. they still drop.
2. they have a cast time

while they're great to have, they're not a big deal. being able tor recharge wands won't make a difference in pvp like say trakanon's teeth would.

Lasher
03-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Hope for the best, plan for the worst

heartbrand
03-16-2015, 11:02 PM
epic troll by slathar with the locket of escape thing. People don't have enough plat for sky keys but suddenly we have 20K a person to bind melees to naked zone rush into ToV for non existent pvp past mobs that will instantly gib them? Wut?

pgerman
03-16-2015, 11:19 PM
no reason to allow item recharge on red, all i see here is a bunch of holocaust trying to strong arm GM's to get specific changes for them.

Bias and fat, all in this thread.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Man gyno just wrecked you hard LOL.

Can we please forum ban these guys for trolling velious threads? can clearly tell they are. Locket recharge is clearly classic, and the only real items that will really change pvp is trak tooth/wand instant nukes.

Don't try to discredit me by calling me a troll.

This isn't about a guild, or a group of individuals. It is about maintaining the server as a PvP server in which fights can take place between raid forces on an equal playing field. However, that can't happen if Guild A plants 30 melee binds in WW and just bind rushes Guild B out of the zone, it isn't an equal playing field. It isn't even Everquest at that point.

This will happen 100% guaranteed if recharging goes back in. You know it, I know it, and the staff knows it. That is exactly why the staff removed it from the red server.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 11:21 PM
no reason to allow item recharge on red, all i see here is a bunch of holocaust trying to strong arm GM's to get specific changes for them.

Bias and fat, all in this thread.

thanks for comment and lack of contribution. you insult the devs, their hard work and players when you lack the common decency to come here with good faith.

back on topic: recharging items is classic. please enable recharging of items such as mallets, lockets, etc.

we already can't use insta click items such as trakanon's teeth or ivandy's hoop in PVP.

pgerman
03-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Your the one that insults the GM's by all of AIM chat holo supporting one issue acting like its magically super important now because you dont have enough lockets to bind your crew in PoM.

Bias, and you wont get your way this time by crying to the top. Everyone sees right through you people.

You already have your 60 man sky raids, and obviously dont care about anything classic or not classic, as long as it suits your mood.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Your the one that insults the GM's by all of AIM chat holo supporting one issue acting like its magically super important now because you dont have enough lockets to bind your crew in PoM.

Bias, and you wont get your way this time by crying to the top. Everyone sees right through you people.

You already have your 60 man sky raids, and obviously dont care about anything classic or not classic, as long as it suits your mood.

Did you even play classic? Classic sky raids had 70-80 people on blue servers.

And this isn't the forum or the thread to discuss the rest of your dumb shit.

This thread is about the classic mechanic of recharging. You want non-classic server mechanics to suit you.

I on the other hand want a fully classic pvp enabled server that includes appropriate era mechanics such as item recharging.

pgerman
03-16-2015, 11:37 PM
i played classic

on tallon zek when it opened, until mid kunark

sullen zek on open

and guess what

no one raided sky in classic on tallon zek. No one had a skybow, most of the mobs were never even killed until like velius.

70 man raids? I think not.

Your a liar, bias, and disgust me. This entire thread is a troll by Holocaust, has nothing to do with red server or recharging items. Its what "You want" specifically.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 11:44 PM
i played classic

on tallon zek when it opened, until mid kunark

sullen zek on open

and guess what

no one raided sky in classic on tallon zek. No one had a skybow, most of the mobs were never even killed until like velius.

70 man raids? I think not.

Your a liar, bias, and disgust me. This entire thread is a troll by Holocaust, has nothing to do with red server or recharging items. Its what "You want" specifically.

And I played on Rallos Zek and some sky raids of Synergy and Sabbat had 50 60 and 70 people. Because your shitty server never did sky you don't think 30 other servers didn't?

Are you that stupid?

Do you or do you want classic Everquest? or do you want a custom server to suit your own wants? If so go play one of the 24 boxed servers. Nobody wants a douchebag on Red or Blue99 who wants this type of custom content.

pgerman
03-16-2015, 11:49 PM
sky was never cleared completely in classic on any server

The time frames you are talking about on rallos are way off, i can tell you played that server much later than you claim.

You guys are the one forumquesting hard to get specific changes done ASAP to suit your specific needs. These things wernt an issue before velius was about to drop?

This is all for the good of the server right? Not fooling anyone silly man.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 11:51 PM
And I played on Rallos Zek and some sky raids of Synergy and Sabbat had 50 60 and 70 people. Because your shitty server never did sky you don't think 30 other servers didn't?

Are you that stupid?

Do you or do you want classic Everquest? or do you want a custom server to suit your own wants? If so go play one of the 24 boxed servers. Nobody wants a douchebag on Red or Blue99 who wants this type of custom content.

What does that have to do with the Lockets of Escape giving one group of players the advantage of binding people an unlimited number of times until the end of time without penalty, exactly?

The staff were right. It shouldn't be changed as it is game breaking and will be used in creative and unsavory ways.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 11:52 PM

I'm going to just drop this here. It's time to accept reality.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 11:53 PM
sky was never cleared completely in classic on any server

The time frames you are talking about on rallos are way off, i can tell you played that server much later than you claim.

You guys are the one forumquesting hard to get specific changes done ASAP to suit your specific needs. These things wernt an issue before velius was about to drop?

This is all for the good of the server right? Not fooling anyone silly man.

My time frames? Yes I was talking about kunark for synergy/sabbat. Why wouldn't I? The PVP servers were lightyears behind the blue servers in terms of content progression.

What exactly does that have to do with recharging mechanics? You feel there should be a cap on guildnumbers? Another non-classic mechanic to suit your playstyle?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 11:56 PM
I'm going to just drop this here. It's time to accept reality.

And the issues he was referring to became null and void when they disabled PVP clickies such as Trakanon's Tooth, Ivandy's Hoop and adding cast times to golem wands.

They first disabled recharging on red due to red wood wands and then they disabled instant clicks in PVP.

Basically, they did patched the problem twice but forgot to remove previous restrictions since the 2nd set of restrictions made the first obsolete.

Recharging on PVP servers is a classic mechanic and if you disagree you simply want a custom server to suit your own playstyle.

Slathar
03-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Recharging on PVP servers is a classic mechanic and if you disagree you simply want a custom server to suit your own playstyle.

Yellow text isn't classic. Shamans being the #1 PvP class isn't classic. The hit box isn't classic. The resist system is completely custom and therefore, you guessed it, not classic. Group experience bonuses aren't classic. Melee channeling isn't classic.

You're already playing on a custom server. You know that, right?

pgerman
03-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Thank you for admitting your time frames were non classic, and have nothing to do with what you were claiming.

Dropping the "did you play classic" line.... LOL...........seriously bro.

Guild cap? Why would that even matter, would be 6 guilds of 30 teamed up.

I will just pretend that I think that is a factor in my mind, to help you save face.

Please come up with new ways of calling me an idiot, these ones didnt work.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Yellow text isn't classic. Shamans being the #1 PvP class isn't classic. The hit box isn't classic. The resist system is completely custom and therefore, you guessed it, not classic. Group experience bonuses aren't classic.

You're already playing on a custom server. You know that, right?

I'd prefer all of them gone.

Yellow Text is a superficial addition and I'd support it gone.

Shamans being #1 at PVP is a resist change that will be fixed with next patch according to Haynar.

Hit Box is another PVP change that is being tweaked according to Haynar.

Resist system isn't classic because we don't have the original PVP system to begin with. Haynar and his devs are doing the best they can to tweak it.

I'd support group experience bonuses gone too if other changes were made to bring P99 more close to classic.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Thank you for admitting your time frames were non classic, and have nothing to do with what you were claiming.

Dropping the "did you play classic" line.... LOL...........seriously bro.

Guild cap? Why would that even matter, would be 6 guilds of 30 teamed up.

I will just pretend that I think that is a factor in my mind, to help you save face.

Please come up with new ways of calling me an idiot, these ones didnt work.

Ok, so having 60 in Sky is not Classic for Kunark? We're in Kunark by the way, that's the current expansion P99 is in.

So how is having 60 not classic for kunark when guilds did routinely have 50-60-70 in Plane of Sky during Kunark? You're hung up on the word classic, at the moment, we're in the Kunark expansion, meaning CLASSIC TO KUNARK.

And having no guild caps and ability to ally with other guilds is part of Everquest. Are you advocating guild caps to suit your playstyle??

Sounds like you want a custom server bro. Doors that way, don't let hit you on the way out.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 12:04 AM
I'd prefer all of them gone.

Yellow Text is a superficial addition and I'd support it gone.

Shamans being #1 at PVP is a resist change that will be fixed with next patch according to Haynar.

Hit Box is another PVP change that is being tweaked according to Haynar.

Resist system isn't classic because we don't have the original PVP system to begin with. Haynar and his devs are doing the best they can to tweak it.

I'd support group experience bonuses gone too if other changes were made to bring P99 more close to classic.

You're insulting the staff's efforts by wanting these changes removed. The disrespect you show by continually demanding more work from these volunteers so you can go to Plane of Mischief is beyond disgusting.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 12:05 AM

/thread

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 12:06 AM
You're insulting the staff's efforts by wanting these changes removed. The disrespect you show by continually demanding more work from these volunteers so you can go to Plane of Mischief is beyond disgusting.

I'm not disrespecting them, I'm asking for a consensus about reenabling recharging on Red99 because the problem with PVP clickies has been fixed by disallowing them in PVP.

How have you contributed at all to any of the project's former requests for beta testers or researchers by the way?

pgerman
03-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Ok, so having 60 in Sky is not Classic for Kunark? We're in Kunark by the way, that's the current expansion P99 is in.

So how is having 60 not classic for kunark when guilds did routinely have 50-60-70 in Plane of Sky during Kunark? You're hung up on the word classic, at the moment, we're in the Kunark expansion, meaning CLASSIC TO KUNARK.

And having no guild caps and ability to ally with other guilds is part of Everquest. Are you advocating guild caps to suit your playstyle??

Sounds like you want a custom server bro. Doors that way, don't let hit you on the way out.

classic era
kunark era
velius era

I was writing in English, you were expecting people to read your mind. Who am I to judge your 5th grade communication skills. I dont know how hard your life has been.

Still on the guild cap thing? Just re read the thread a few times. If GMs cant see your a psychopath pushing an agenda by now. No one can help this server.

God bless, and peace out.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 12:18 AM
classic era
kunark era
velius era

I was writing in English, you were expecting people to read your mind. Who am I to judge your 5th grade communication skills. I dont know how hard your life has been.

Still on the guild cap thing? Just re read the thread a few times. If GMs cant see your a psychopath pushing an agenda by now. No one can help this server.

God bless, and peace out.

Once again, ad hominem attacks.

Zero argument why recharging would be detrimental to the server. Instead you put on a tin foil hat and become a Drakar in the beta bug thread.

Regardless, recharging on Red99 is appropriate and classic for the Classic/Kunark/Velious timeframe. It brings Red99 more in line with how blue mechanics work.

This does not affect in any way PVP as all PVP clickies have been disabled due to the whining of custom content supporters.

krazyGlue
03-17-2015, 12:51 AM
I vote no .

Lasher
03-17-2015, 01:03 AM
Rumor is it is going in on few items...

vinnidel
03-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Once again, ad hominem attacks.

Zero argument why recharging would be detrimental to the server. Instead you put on a tin foil hat and become a Drakar in the beta bug thread.

Regardless, recharging on Red99 is appropriate and classic for the Classic/Kunark/Velious timeframe. It brings Red99 more in line with how blue mechanics work.

This does not affect in any way PVP as all PVP clickies have been disabled due to the whining of custom content supporters.

it's obvious to me that you're selectively trying to get things changed in UNCLASSIC ways to benefit YOU and YOUR desires, NOT to help the SERVER itself.

If i can see this, so too can the staff--and I'll REMIND YOU, the staff VOLTUNEERS their time to let us play this game and have fun, and you're insulting everything that they do by trying to EXPLOIT their kindness/efforts.

End this thread please, OP clearly has NO RESPECt for R99 Integrity or the Staff's contributions.

Tune
03-17-2015, 01:56 AM
looks like holo gettin that custom quest

#sickening

but props for getting it done by what ever means necessary

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 01:56 AM
it's obvious to me that you're selectively trying to get things changed in UNCLASSIC ways to benefit YOU and YOUR desires, NOT to help the SERVER itself.

If i can see this, so too can the staff--and I'll REMIND YOU, the staff VOLTUNEERS their time to let us play this game and have fun, and you're insulting everything that they do by trying to EXPLOIT their kindness/efforts.

End this thread please, OP clearly has NO RESPECt for R99 Integrity or the Staff's contributions.

I'm disrespecting staff for advocating for the return of classic mechanics that are appropriate for this area and do not effect PVP in any way.

Good thing the staff and devs know I am a white knight and advocate for classic everquest

krazyGlue
03-17-2015, 02:28 AM

Smedy
03-17-2015, 05:03 AM
looks like holo gettin that custom quest

#sickening

but props for getting it done by what ever means necessary

i've seen all of this shit before, remember that i've fought these same retards since 2007. their bias knows no limit, for example lasher argued that we should keep the druid epic an unresistable snare with unlimited casting range all in the word of "keeping it classic". this all changed when our team got druid epics and started clicking it on them in pvp, then they agreed to change it.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rHsdwfp_4U <- video i made when lashers crew successfully had gm's believe that the druid epic should indeed be a unresistable clicky with unlimited range, remember this shit is over 5 years old, it's not like i'm making this up on the spot )

also whenever they are losing stuff like "server is dead, wipe it clean" will come up on the white board, and they roll out with their wheelchairs and make it seem like everyone wants a wipe when in reality it's only they who want a wipe while other are busy playing the game.

( i had a video up for the wipe commitee as well but some sensitive nightrider had it removed due to wheelchairs )

been there done that, hopefully sirken reads this and realized wtf is going on, don't let em kill the server, recharging was taken out for good reason, keep it out.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 05:05 AM
i've seen all of this shit before, remember that i've fought these same retards since 2007. their bias knows no limit, for example lasher argued that we should keep the druid epic an unresistable snare with unlimited casting range all in the word of "keeping it classic". this all changed when our team got druid epics and started clicking it on them in pvp, then they agreed to change it.

also whenever they are losing stuff like "server is dead, wipe it clean" will come up on the white board, and they roll out with their wheelchairs and make it seem like everyone wants a wipe when in reality it's only they who want a wipe while other are busy playing the game.

been there done that, hopefully sirken reads this and realized wtf is going on, don't let em kill the server, recharging was taken out for good reason, keep it out.

Attack the argument not the people presenting it please. Recharging PVE items doesn't affect PVP because those items can't be used in PVP anyways (wand of swords, red wood wands, ivandyr's hoops etc).

Lasher
03-17-2015, 05:25 AM
Always thought you were joking when you said i convinced GMs epic was unresistable and no range.

Let me educate you on how it happened. The non snare dot has -100 mr to it. Then gms patched it to have snare but forgot to remove -100

Then gms messed up code and you could crash zones if you clicked a spell on a target and they went oor....their fix was to remove range...never did i tell them nor convince them that druid should have unresistable unlimited range epic snare...they just were lazy

So sit down

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 05:38 AM
Always thought you were joking when you said i convinced GMs epic was unresistable and no range.

Let me educate you on how it happened. The non snare dot has -100 mr to it. Then gms patched it to have snare but forgot to remove -100

Then gms messed up code and you could crash zones if you clicked a spell on a target and they went oor....their fix was to remove range...never did i tell them nor convince them that druid should have unresistable unlimited range epic snare...they just were lazy

So sit down

Smedy is a butthurt euroscum who has accomplished shit on this server and everybody now knows swedes are worthless and untrustworthy.

He's also an avid MacroQuest user and developer.

Smedy
03-17-2015, 05:42 AM

So sit down

So all the posts from you and various other arguing on the forums not to fix it was someone else posting under your forum name? heh

sitting down already dog, just don't want you biased fucks to ruin another perfectly fine server cause you want something done that makes your life easier in norrath

#norechargeeveronred99

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 05:51 AM
So all the posts from you and various other arguing on the forums not to fix it was someone else posting under your forum name? heh

sitting down already dog, just don't want you biased fucks to ruin another perfectly fine server cause you want something done that makes your life easier in norrath

#norechargeeveronred99

can you link said posts? or are you just fabricating shit as usual?

Lasher
03-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Only thing i argued was the dot should be -100.

The snare being not removed and voidd breaking the casting range on clickies was not my doing at all.

Barladore
03-17-2015, 09:26 AM
The PVP servers were lightyears behind the blue servers in terms of content progression.

My goal is to make sure the exact same thing happens on p99 too. 8]

Sirken
03-17-2015, 11:54 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/bc85b010e4fb9e4895f80beb1deee006/tumblr_inline_n61s89LwAa1qmbnjy.gif

Slathar
03-17-2015, 02:10 PM

Thank you.

Daldaen
03-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Thank you.

They can manually change buy backs, they can change cast times and they can limit clicks against PCs.

So they could set hoops, conflagration wands, golem wands, sword wands, rain callers, and whatever else to have 50k buybacks. Which would solve most of the issues recharging would pose to PvP.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
They can manually change buy backs, they can change cast times and they can limit clicks against PCs.

So they could set hoops, conflagration wands, golem wands, sword wands, rain callers, and whatever else to have 50k buybacks. Which would solve most of the issues recharging would pose to PvP.

Lockets present a Pandora's Box of easily abusable PvP scenarios.

Thank you.

Daldaen
03-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Those can have higher buybacks if necessary. Set it to 2million, that will prevent most abuse I'm guessing.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Those can have higher buybacks if necessary. Set it to 2million, that will prevent most abuse I'm guessing.

I could support a recharge fee of 2,000,000 platinum pieces. That is very reasonable for an item of this magnitude.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Not only is 2 million plat a ridiculous cost for a "bind," the same values need to be set across Blue and Red.

The argument that lockets will suddenly become PVP items used to mass bind melees has been debunked in this thread.

Recharging is a classic mechanic for Classic EQ at least through Luclin that I know of. If blue benefits from this mechanic to recharge mallets, lockets, and puppet strings, then red deserves to be included as well.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Not only is 2 million plat a ridiculous cost for a "bind," the same values need to be set across Blue and Red.

The argument that lockets will suddenly become PVP items used to mass bind melees has been debunked in this thread.

Recharging is a classic mechanic for Classic EQ at least through Luclin that I know of. If blue benefits from this mechanic to recharge mallets, lockets, and puppet strings, then red deserves to be included as well.

Saying something was debunked does not mean it was debunked. I am for item recharging as long as those items have very high buy-back costs to stop the abuse they will cause in PvP.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 03:45 PM

There is no parity between Red and Blue now. Take duck-casting and sitting while casting as one example just off the top of my head.

Why would values "need" to be the same? There is no reason except to serve your personal agenda, which, I might add, is why this thread exists.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 03:51 PM
There is no parity between Red and Blue now. Take duck-casting and sitting while casting as one example just off the top of my head.

Why would values "need" to be the same? There is no reason except to serve your personal agenda, which, I might add, is why this thread exists.

Lockets are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

Mallets are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

Puppet Strings are a PVE item. The values to recharge should be the same across blue to red.

The ducking while casting and sitting while casting are in fact bugs and have been reported. If you check the actual bug forum you'd know this. The developers have been consumed with Velious and haven't given a stance on the issue yet.

Funny, how you and your crew have quite a few lockets, don't want recharging in so you can benefit the most from having melees bounds in mischief. Thankfully, the staff and developers know that you are a troll and I've been told as much :}~.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Saying something was debunked does not mean it was debunked. I am for item recharging as long as those items have very high buy-back costs to stop the abuse they will cause in PvP.

High cost?

What's high cost? Current recharge for the locket/puppet strings/mallets are what? Why would they need to be different from blue?

Name one situation that isn't patently ridiculous where a locket would benefit a PVP situation. Mass binding 12 melees outside temple of veeshan so they can pick up their weapons and run unbuffed into NTOV is just about the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

heartbrand
03-17-2015, 04:43 PM
I have a locket of escape. I am for recharging.

Slathar
03-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I have a locket of escape. I am for recharging.

I have lockets, too. I am for recharging as long as the barrier to do so is very high.

If the buy-back price is not very high then we are opening the door to game-breaking PvP mechanics that were never seen before on Live PvP servers. For example, Trakanon's Tooths being used in excess.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I have lockets, too. I am for recharging as long as the barrier to do so is very high.

If the buy-back price is not very high then we are opening the door to game-breaking PvP mechanics that were never seen before on Live PvP servers. For example, Trakanon's Tooths being used in excess.

Can you explain how lockets that can only be used one time before you have to go to a vendor and recharge them will break PVP?

Casters/priests can already bind rush. Casters bind melees in Oggok to bind rush fear.

You keep repeating "game-breaking PvP mechanics" but never explain how.

Lasher
03-17-2015, 07:28 PM
20k to recharge

Recharge is going back in

Tune
03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Can you explain how lockets that can only be used one time before you have to go to a vendor and recharge them will break PVP?

Casters/priests can already bind rush. Casters bind melees in Oggok to bind rush fear.

You keep repeating "game-breaking PvP mechanics" but never explain how.

melee bind rushing

zergs bound in plain of mischief locking it down

shadowknight chain harmtouch bind rush

hrmm those are just off the top of my head

krazyGlue
03-17-2015, 09:57 PM
I vote no

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 10:02 PM
melee bind rushing

zergs bound in plain of mischief locking it down

shadowknight chain harmtouch bind rush

hrmm those are just off the top of my head

1. melee bind rushing where? NTOV? you honestly think people will bind in WW to run without buffs through tov to bind rush a raid force?

2. oh, so plane of mischief should be off limits to the zerg? dipshit argument and shows your bias.

3. classic mechanic. you're afraid 20 shadowknights are going to use lockets to bind at PVP encounters to die repeatedly to blow harmtouch?

shit arguments and all classic mechanics for velious.

Tune
03-17-2015, 10:10 PM
lol geez man

krazyGlue
03-17-2015, 10:48 PM
I vote no

Littlegyno 13.0
03-17-2015, 10:49 PM

awaiting information regarding game-breaking PvP mechanics that have never been seen on Live or EQEMU due to lockets being rechargeable.

Technique
03-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Item recharging bad

Darkone
03-18-2015, 05:28 AM
I vote no

krazyGlue
03-18-2015, 10:32 AM
My vote is a ..... No

krazyGlue
03-18-2015, 11:51 AM
I vote no . It's game breaking and many others like my self agree

krazyGlue
03-18-2015, 12:13 PM
you should learn how to use a period and provide a reason behind your vote

I don't need to explain my self to peasants like your self . I vote no

Orruar
03-18-2015, 12:20 PM
This kind of shit doesn't happen on blue. Have you considered making the switch?

Akalakamelee
03-18-2015, 01:57 PM
1. melee bind rushing where? NTOV? you honestly think people will bind in WW to run without buffs through tov to bind rush a raid force?

2. oh, so plane of mischief should be off limits to the zerg? dipshit argument and shows your bias.

3. classic mechanic. you're afraid 20 shadowknights are going to use lockets to bind at PVP encounters to die repeatedly to blow harmtouch?

shit arguments and all classic mechanics for velious.

Not sure why your talking about PvP encounters. You only log in for raids.

1. Yes, your guild isn't very bright and will do anything for a YT.
and
3. Yes, that is only of the few ways your guild ever gets a YT, that or fighting 6v1.

Slathar
03-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Labeling this as a troll is unsophisticated at best and disingenuous at worst.

Recharging will plunge the PvP server into a second dark age.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Labeling this as a troll is unsophisticated at best and disingenuous at worst.

Recharging will plunge the PvP server into a second dark age.

awaiting information regarding game-breaking PvP mechanics that have never been seen on Live or EQEMU due to lockets being rechargeable.

heartbrand
03-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Lockets were in with recharge and yet not once were lockets used to bind en mass melees at KC zone line for bind rushing VS, or at VP ent, or at the seb bubble. In fact not one person has ever used a locket there, and those locations are far more viable.

Slathar
03-18-2015, 04:45 PM

Scenario 1: There is a guild inside the Temple of Veeshan zone-in with a low number of players. There is a second guild in WW with less geared players, but higher numbers. The guild in WW all bind their melee in WW at the ToV zone in knowing they are going to die so they can zone in, loot, and start fighting until the guild inside is overrun.

Scenario 2: There is a guild inside Dragon Necropilis with a low number of players. There is a second guild outside with higher numbers. The guild outside mass binds at the Dragon Necropolis zone line with the intent to fight until they die, zone back in, loot their weapon(s) and start fighting again.

Do you want me to keep presenting scenarios? There are an infinite number of situations where this item will be exploited for PvP reasons on the red server.

Lasher
03-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Argument is classic locket mechanic vs custom locket mechanic?

People concern about mass melee being bound near Raid mobs?

I think lots want it for PoM which is classic velious. Compromise that I think would please most but not all is Dont let binding allowed near raid mob/zone lines but allow it for PoM

It pleases most aspects of the use of classic locket mechanic, it pleases people concerned with mass pvp over high target raid mobs, people who are against custom cant argue because its already custom

Slathar
03-18-2015, 05:09 PM
we are using lockets and recharging them in the small window of time prior to fictional attack scenario?

thats quite the imagination, luckily there is a bank and a npc for this to happen with at both of these zonelines

not to mention 40k per person?

Distribute the amount of lockets to the people you want to bind rush. Collect them after the battle, recharge.

When is the need for a banker or 40k? After the fight.

dis_mornin
03-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Haven't seen Slather this upset since Hostess stopped selling Twinkies.

Slathar
03-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Haven't seen Slather this upset since Hostess stopped selling Twinkies.

Reported for trolling General Beta Discussion.

Handpartytowel
03-18-2015, 06:03 PM
cant wait to loan out the 4 backpacks full of lockets of escape i carry in my inventory to my brothers in arms to make sure we can contest Telkorenar.

heartbrand
03-18-2015, 06:21 PM
I know ur trollin, but locket of escape is lore, which makes the whole scenario of backpacks of lockets being handed out even more ludicrous.

Slathar
03-18-2015, 06:32 PM
I know ur trollin, but locket of escape is lore, which makes the whole scenario of backpacks of lockets being handed out even more ludicrous.

Each person is handed one locket prior to the battle. Is it that hard to imagine? Please don't troll this thread, I'm trying to present an argument as to why recharging should not be re-introduced to Red.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Each person is handed one locket prior to the battle. Is it that hard to imagine? Please don't troll this thread, I'm trying to present an argument as to why recharging should not be re-introduced to Red.

Your argument is as ridiculous as it sounds and subject to criticism.

heartbrand
03-18-2015, 08:03 PM

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.

krazyGlue
03-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Holocaust is trying hard for this one . I vote no

Littlegyno 13.0
03-18-2015, 10:35 PM
Holocaust is trying hard for this one . I vote no

thanks for the contributions. you've voted no 9 times now.

Gloves
03-18-2015, 11:58 PM
Removing item recharge was a huge step in the right direction for red, and then adding cast times/removing the ability to use specific items in PvP was a perfect solution to what had become a horrible problem.

The only reason gyno and co want this change, is to benefit themselves, mainly because a large portion of them were still reeling from a guild suspension that happened in the early days of classic when kunark actually launched, and they didn't farm any lockets(because they didn't play).

Do not allow this crew of scoundrels and misfits to have an impact on server policy, that is clearly bias, and self serving.

Say NO!! to item recharging

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Removing item recharge was a huge step in the right direction for red, and then adding cast times/removing the ability to use specific items in PvP was a perfect solution to what had become a horrible problem.

The only reason gyno and co want this change, is to benefit themselves, mainly because a large portion of them were still reeling from a guild suspension that happened in the early days of classic when kunark actually launched, and they didn't farm any lockets(because they didn't play).

Do not allow this crew of scoundrels and misfits to have an impact on server policy, that is clearly bias, and self serving.

Specific examples of not allowing puppet strings/lockets/mallets to be recharged or are you just biased cause you own several lockets?

Gloves
03-19-2015, 03:59 AM
I don't own any lockets, I also missed out on the locket train =(. This however does not give me the right to petition for changes to the server because I missed out on a legacy drop.

Slathar
03-19-2015, 08:04 AM
I would like to take the time to thank the GMs and developers for the amount of time and effort they put into making this server great.

Let's keep it great by not allowing items to be recharged.

Slathar
03-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Very bias post. "The only reason gloves and slather crew oppose..." is because they bought every locket they could and feel its against their personal investment to have exclusive access to a classic mechanic, zone, melee bind

Stop slinging attacks and tRolling. Recharging is classic and was removed to bandaid bad resist code issues. consumables have already been made pve only + cast times.

For the record, I do not own one Locket of Escape and have zero intentions of binding in Plane of Mischief. When I say, "my lockets" I am referring to the 2-3 that the 2-3 people I know have. Personally, this won't benefit me at all.

Plane of Mischief is a waste of time.

krazyGlue
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
I vote no .

DrKvothe
03-19-2015, 03:52 PM
When my blue shaman gets in trouble I use a WC cap, run to rivervale, and recharge my cap with a recharge alt camped at a merchant for a total cost of ~200pp. I can then gate back and proceed to continue with whatever I was attempting to do.

Item recharge was never good for blue. Sure it's convenient, but it pretty dramatically changes the game from the way it was meant to be. 2 puppet strings means your entire guild can get OT hammer without faction work? Dump the same exact mallets at a raid boss for years on end? Buy three or four of a 10-dose pot and use them forever?

I can't imagine that we want the same on red?

If you want to change the way players can be bound, add more bind spots like NK gypsies and the wall at OT. That's going to be a much smaller change to the game than allowing recharges.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 04:07 PM
When my blue shaman gets in trouble I use a WC cap, run to rivervale, and recharge my cap with a recharge alt camped at a merchant for a total cost of ~200pp. I can then gate back and proceed to continue with whatever I was attempting to do.

Item recharge was never good for blue. Sure it's convenient, but it pretty dramatically changes the game from the way it was meant to be. 2 puppet strings means your entire guild can get OT hammer without faction work? Dump the same exact mallets at a raid boss for years on end? Buy three or four of a 10-dose pot and use them forever?

If you want to change the way players can be bound, add more bind spots like NK gypsies and the wall at OT. That's going to be a much smaller change to the game than allowing recharges.

Do you want instances too with your unclassic EQ?

Maybe the Dev's can toss in mercenaries for you since you want a custom server.

Awwalike
03-19-2015, 05:02 PM
you won't be able to bind in PoM on red anyways, who cares.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
you won't be able to bind in PoM on red anyways, who cares.

? Yes you can.

Awwalike
03-19-2015, 05:10 PM
? Yes you can.

how's binding in any other plane/raid zone working out for you?

also why all this talk about PVP when you are 5-2 on your best in slot rogue.
this is obviously a thread about pve

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
how's binding in any other plane/raid zone working out for you?

also why all this talk about PVP when you are 5-2 on your best in slot rogue.
this is obviously a thread about pve

Mischief was always a bindable zone through Velious and the rest of the expansions.

Lockets were used for melees.

If you're going to resort to personal attacks, stay off the bug forums, especially if you contribute nothing and offer only ignorance.

Thanks.

Edit: Links for you since you obviously lack any knowledge of Velious or Plane of Mischief mechanics:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170941&page=2
http://planeofmischief.com/advice_column.htm

krazyGlue
03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
I vote no

Awwalike
03-19-2015, 05:59 PM
oh listing leaderboard stats is now a personal attack.

oh you know, this server is super duper classic and all with the item links, no item recharging, no binding in raid zones, global /ooc, resists.

sorry to burst your bubble, but seeing how you are 5 kills 2 deaths on your best in slot rogue it's easy to assume you care nothing about PVP and only what will help you PVE easier.

Grimjaw
03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
This kind of shit doesn't happen on blue. Have you considered making the switch?

lol gud 1

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
oh listing leaderboard stats is now a personal attack.

oh you know, this server is super duper classic and all with the item links, no item recharging, no binding in raid zones, global /ooc, resists.

sorry to burst your bubble, but seeing how you are 5 kills 2 deaths on your best in slot rogue it's easy to assume you care nothing about PVP and only what will help you PVE easier.

How is any of what you said relevant to the discussion of recharging? Please start another topic if you want to discuss item link, binding in raid zones (which mischief isn't a raid zone, global ooc and resists. You're cluttering up this thread with your ignorance about Velious mechanics. Thanks friend.

Awwalike
03-19-2015, 07:36 PM
How is any of what you said relevant to the discussion of recharging? Please start another topic if you want to discuss item link, binding in raid zones (which mischief isn't a raid zone, global ooc and resists. You're cluttering up this thread with your ignorance about Velious mechanics. Thanks friend.

on THIS custom server they don't allow you to bind in PLANES (like i said) and RAID ZONES. i never called PoM a raid zone i called it a plane, which it is. i never said you couldn't bind in PoM on LIVE everquest, so why twist my words? oh it's because you are mad that i'm right and you just assumed a bunch of ignant shit.

5-2 talking about "pvp" changes that will just help him zerg better

sry recharging will never work on this server so stop talking about classic eq.

i'm sure some of those RMT'd accounts came with a locket or two, actually i'm sure they didn't or else you wouldn't be making this thread.

so please, go on and tell me more about how you started playing everquest in 2003.

Awwalike
03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
mad little boy over here

why is he mad? did you feed it this week?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
on THIS custom server they don't allow you to bind in PLANES (like i said) and RAID ZONES. i never called PoM a raid zone i called it a plane, which it is. i never said you couldn't bind in PoM on LIVE everquest, so why twist my words? oh it's because you are mad that i'm right and you just assumed a bunch of ignant shit.

5-2 talking about "pvp" changes that will just help him zerg better

sry recharging will never work on this server so stop talking about classic eq.

i'm sure some of those RMT'd accounts came with a locket or two, actually i'm sure they didn't or else you wouldn't be making this thread.

so please, go on and tell me more about how you started playing everquest in 2003.

I have plenty of lockets.

Also, why would you infer that you can't bind in a plane? You clearly can. In fact, when Plane of Fear first came out, you could bind there too.

Mischief has always been bindable and if you have an issue with that, make another thread. This thread is about recharging and how it's a classic mechanic and deserves to be on Red99.

Gloves
03-19-2015, 08:19 PM

Just wanted to highlight what I thought was a great post by a person who is not as invested/Bias as maybe some of the rest of us. High five DrK

vouss
03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Bringing recharging back would be devistating to the PvP, a lot of very beneficial items are still in place (healing items come to mind), along with golem wands and gate potions which are still very valuable in PvP, and they will be abused.

Being forced to farm for these items is GREAT, it means you have to invest the time if you want the reward, and it also forces MORE pvp to take place, battles over CT pots, golem wands, and Ice giants are great fun and pretty reliable source of PvP, why would anyone want that taken away?

NO to recharging

------

also great post by Drkvothe

Grimjaw
03-19-2015, 09:13 PM

definitely not classic experience. keep that BS off of red.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 09:23 PM
definitely not classic experience. keep that BS off of red.

Was a classic mechanic and plenty of threads from 2010 2011 agree with it. As does the Devs.

The question is whether red99 should have more custom mechanics for a whiny population or a classic experience for true everquesters.

vouss
03-19-2015, 09:52 PM
2010 - 2011 agree with it? are you kidding me

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 09:55 PM
2010 - 2011 agree with it? are you kidding me

So now thread is about if you should be able to bind in Mischief?

Make a thread about it. Learn to use the beta bug forums. Provide proof with links to appropriate threads/screenshots.

Thanks.

vouss
03-19-2015, 10:00 PM
So If I find some threads from 2010 - 2011 that support the changes I want implemented on my classic (1999-2001) EQemu, that would be enough to make it happen?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 10:02 PM
So If I find some threads from 2010 - 2011 that support the changes I want implemented on my classic (1999-2001) EQemu, that would be enough to make it happen?

Make a thread if you want Mischief not bindable. This isn't the thread for it pal.

Make sure you include links/evidence that it was not bindable on Everquest Live during Velious or why it shouldn't be.

vouss
03-19-2015, 10:04 PM
What are you even talking about? This thread is about item recharging on red99, keep it on track please

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 10:06 PM
What are you even talking about? This thread is about item recharging on red99, keep it on track please

Yes, this is about recharging. You and Awwlike spamming dumb shit about Mischief shouldn't be bindable and some bullshit about 2011.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1826599&postcount=189
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1826499&postcount=181

Keep this thread on topic about recharging on red and why it's a classic mechanic and should be fixed.

Thanks friend :).

vouss
03-19-2015, 10:34 PM
I think you should try and come into this thread with a little less bias towards your personal agenda Gyno. I didn't mention ANYTHING about Mischief being bindable or not, and funny enough neither did Bamzal.

Bamzal qouted Drkovthe's suggestion that custom bind spots could be added, that would work like the north karana gypsy camp, or the outpost in the overthere, saying it was a bad idea. You responded with a berger-flared comment about how you should be able to bind in PoM? even though it was NOT being disputed.

I went on to follow up by saying that using ANY evidence from 2011 as proof to implement changes on our classic server is a joke, not mentioning anything about binding in PoM, yet provoking yet another berger-flared response from you about PoM.

All this, including you flaming my later posts with out even addressing my opinion on item charging on red99, but seemingly trying to bury it behind a wall of unrelated rants... Makes me think you should stop posting in this thread

--------------------

Bringing recharging back would be devistating to the PvP, a lot of very beneficial items are still in place (healing items come to mind), along with golem wands and gate potions which are still very valuable in PvP, and they will be abused.

Being forced to farm for these items is GREAT, it means you have to invest the time if you want the reward, and it also forces MORE pvp to take place, battles over CT pots, golem wands, and Ice giants are great fun and pretty reliable source of PvP, why would anyone want that taken away?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
I think you should try and come into this thread with a little less bias towards your personal agenda Gyno. I didn't mention ANYTHING about Mischief being bindable or not, and funny enough neither did Bamzal.

Bamzal qouted Drkovthe's suggestion that custom bind spots could be added, that would work like the north karana gypsy camp, or the outpost in the overthere, saying it was a bad idea. You responded with a berger-flared comment about how you should be able to bind in PoM? even though it was NOT being disputed.

I went on to follow up by saying that using ANY evidence from 2011 as proof to implement changes on our classic server is a joke, not mentioning anything about binding in PoM, yet provoking yet another berger-flared response from you about PoM.

All this, including you flaming my later posts with out even addressing my opinion on item charging on red99, but seemingly trying to bury it behind a wall of unrelated rants... Make me think you should stop posting in this thread

--------------------

The entirety of you and your friends arguments have been "It will be bad for PVP" except nobody has enumerated any reasonable arguments. Bind camping exists are Red already and is it not even a concern in raid zones like Tov and DN.

Awwlike has literally said Mischief shouldn't be bindable like the "rest of the planes/dungeons."

Drkovthe wants more custom content and blue99 handholding such as "increasing bindable areas like the Gypsy camps." What that has to do with the topic of recharging is beyond me.

I have no bias, I have 9 lockets for me and my melee friends and could care less if the rest of the melees of the server can bind in mischief. However, recharging IS a classic mechanic that was originally taken out for a now obsolete reason: items with instant click PVP spells such as redwood wand etc.

No arguments have been presented that present a clear case of continueing to eliminate a CLASSIC AND ERA APPROPRIATE mechanic as item recharging.

The majority of item recharging won't even be lockets. It will be mallets and other PVE items that are important for Velious high end raiding.

vouss
03-19-2015, 10:45 PM

The same reason it was removed in the first place is the same reason it shouldn't be put back in.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 10:48 PM

--------------------

I guess in the timespan of 2011-2015 the evidence that Plane of Mischief is a bindable zone has changed? Please enlighten everybody.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011201201030/http://www.knightsofthecreed.com/pom/advice.htm

Littlegyno 13.0
03-19-2015, 10:49 PM
The same reason it was removed in the first place is the same reason it shouldn't be put back in.

Recharging what items? The instant click items such as redwood wands and wand of swords were made PVE only.

Is the idea that Golem Wands will now be rechargable break PVP? They are not even instant anymore, another NON CLASSIC change that the developers capitulated due to the Red playerbase.

vouss
03-19-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah, calimony potions, golem wands, gate potions, they don't trivialize pvp at all. Since when is classic an argument here? Is this xp classic?

- I'm not going to list arbitrary situations where these items are OP, we all know how strong they are, and to what lengths people will go to abuse them (I am one of those people). As well seasoned PvP'er on the server It's my personal opinion that having to re-farm these is a sufficient cost to have to use them in PvP, and as a added benefit they add to the world a lot of fun pvp in zones that otherwise wouldn't see any, and that is always welcome in my book. Not going to argue it, this is from 3 years of pvp'ing on this server.

Lasher
03-19-2015, 11:27 PM
Its going in

vouss
03-19-2015, 11:30 PM
if it doesnt I have a locket for sale pal

Lasher
03-19-2015, 11:44 PM
I got 3 now so i am good, thanks though. See you in PoM

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 12:19 AM
Yeah, calimony potions, golem wands, gate potions, they don't trivialize pvp at all. Since when is classic an argument here? Is this xp classic?

Calimony potions are player made. Ice giant toes big whoop.

So Golem wands with a 3 second casting time and gate potions with a 3 second casting time are the PVP breaking items if recharging goes in?

Shit argument and thankfully the dev's see through it.

Recharging is a classic mechanic and when implemented puts Red99 on pariety with Blue99 in regards of PVE mechanics.

Thanks friends.

vouss
03-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Recharging is a classic mechanic and when implemented puts Red99 on pariety with Blue99 in regards of PVE mechanics.

this is a pvp server

I will literally have golem wands DA idols CH reapers, gate pots every single time you fight me

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 12:39 AM
this is a pvp server

And the classic PVP servers, Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek and Sullon Zek, all had recharging.

I will literally have golem wands DA idols CH reapers, gate pots every single time you fight me

And what's new? 90% of EQ PVP is preparation. Good for you.

NEXT

vouss
03-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Sorry pal, that's not a very solid argument

nothings changed, what's done is done :)

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Sorry pal, that's not a very solid argument

nothings changed, what's done is done :)

Let me know when you wanna have a discussion. Currently, prohibiting recharging on Red99 lacks any meaningful use as the items it was originally implemented to prevent abuse of are no longer PVP targetable.

Recharge is classic and appropriate for this era. This mechanic will allow Red99 to achieve PVE parity with Blue99.

Colgate
03-20-2015, 02:56 AM
this is a pvp server

? you have these items every single time i fight you anyway

Akalakamelee
03-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Let me know when you wanna have a discussion. Currently, prohibiting recharging on Red99 lacks any meaningful use as the items it was originally implemented to prevent abuse of are no longer PVP targetable.

Recharge is classic and appropriate for this era. This mechanic will allow Red99 to achieve PVE parity with Blue99.

Just go back to blue already, if you were facing a zerg ready to abuse recharging if it was available you would oppose it.
You only care now simply because you are the unskilled zerg and want to abuse it. Namely, bind rushing using locket of escape.

vouss
03-20-2015, 09:24 AM

wrong see, golem wands, DA idols, gate pots, every single instant right click heal

you have these items every single time i fight you anyway

I wish but farming them is to much of a task to make that the case, fair trade imo

Lasher
03-20-2015, 09:34 AM
dont DA idols and lizard/swirling smoke poof on use and only have 1 charge so cant recharge?I dont use/farm them so not 100% on this?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Just go back to blue already, if you were facing a zerg ready to abuse recharging if it was available you would oppose it.
You only care now simply because you are the unskilled zerg and want to abuse it. Namely, bind rushing using locket of escape.

No thanks :).

DrKvothe
03-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Drkovthe wants more custom content and blue99 handholding such as "increasing bindable areas like the Gypsy camps." What that has to do with the topic of recharging is beyond me.

I have no bias, I have 9 lockets for me and my melee friends and could care less if the rest of the melees of the server can bind in mischief. However, recharging IS a classic mechanic that was originally taken out for a now obsolete reason: items with instant click PVP spells such as redwood wand etc.

No arguments have been presented that present a clear case of continueing to eliminate a CLASSIC AND ERA APPROPRIATE mechanic as item recharging.

The majority of item recharging won't even be lockets. It will be mallets and other PVE items that are important for Velious high end raiding.

Your rationale keeps changing. I'm not the one who wants something on the server changed, YOU are. Your rationale was, initially, that locket of escape SPECIFICALLY is an important tool for velious. You said in OP:

So it sounds like it's not the recharge pvp balance that you had a problem with but rather a problem with melee binding. So I suggested an alternative as a possible solution to YOUR problem. Not classic, but not overly disruptive to the server either. But you've made it clear it's really about binding with locket of escape only, making you sound like a selfish douche.

Colgate
03-20-2015, 01:57 PM
dont DA idols and lizard/swirling smoke poof on use and only have 1 charge so cant recharge?I dont use/farm them so not 100% on this?

yaw those items are flagged as expendable, the second you clack them they go away

Nirgon
03-20-2015, 02:40 PM
resists are fixed so root nets won't ruin the game. root nets/redwood wands (non issue now) leading to the cause of creating a major raid scene disparity yech.

wish this was removed from both servers, imagine if boxing was allowed on blue but not red for instance

boxing is classic too right?

LostCause
03-20-2015, 08:16 PM
i want my soulfire back so goog.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 08:31 PM
resists are fixed so root nets won't ruin the game. root nets/redwood wands (non issue now) leading to the cause of creating a major raid scene disparity yech.

wish this was removed from both servers, imagine if boxing was allowed on blue but not red for instance

boxing is classic too right?

I would agree to eliminating recharging on Blue if Red doesn't get it. It allows super cheesy agro mechanics on Blue which we simply don't get to experience on Red. As I am an experienced Dragonslayer on Red99, I will agree that it does make encounters easier.

The argument that recharging destroys pvp when almost zero rechargable items work in PVP is just a troll from Slathar and company.

krazyGlue
03-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Don't fucking ruin red because you wana compete with tmo for raid content /p99 firsts .

Littlegyno 13.0
03-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Don't fucking ruin red because you wana compete with tmo for raid content /p99 firsts .

I am a Dragonslayer friend. I slay Dragons for my lord and savior Gongshow the Pixel Smaug. He commands me to slay dragons to my utmost ability and thus I am pushing for the following items be able to be recharged on Red99: Lockets of Escape, Mallets, and Puppet Strings.

Thank you and Smaug bless.

krazyGlue
03-21-2015, 12:08 PM
We should not take advice from folks that eat road kill on a daily basis

krazyGlue
03-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Voted no .

Akalakamelee
03-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Voted no .

Sektor
03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Voted no .

Lasher
03-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Cant wait to sell recharges

Wrench
03-24-2015, 03:46 PM
I would agree to eliminating recharging on Blue if Red doesn't get it. It allows super cheesy agro mechanics on Blue which we simply don't get to experience on Red. As I am an experienced Dragonslayer on Red99, I will agree that it does make encounters easier.

seems like your just lookin for whatever change you can for the max rustle

you trollin nilbog with this shit thread?

Littlegyno 13.0
03-24-2015, 06:40 PM
seems like your just lookin for whatever change you can for the max rustle

you trollin nilbog with this shit thread?

no i'm looking for pareity between blue/red. if blue is allowed to recharge mallets/strings for PVE, then the premier dragonslaying guild on Red should be allowed too as well.

Also, it's a classic mechanic.

You want a custom server? I don't, I want CLASSIC.

krazyGlue
03-24-2015, 11:47 PM
no i'm looking for pareity between blue/red. if blue is allowed to recharge mallets/strings for PVE, then the premier dragonslaying guild on Red should be allowed too as well.

no you want whatever benefits you , and not the server . i voted no

Darkone
03-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Voted no .

Akalakamelee
03-25-2015, 10:44 AM

If you want classic, then you also want the darker gamma correction and item loot. Am I right?

heartbrand
03-25-2015, 11:05 AM
If you want classic, then you also want the darker gamma correction and item loot. Am I right?

I agree with that, yes.

Nirgon
03-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Remove from blue is a great idea so we don't see the classic experience raped by 60 people with rechargeable mallets on raids.

That said, I don't see why a few items that give blue an advantage should be different than red.

The recharge nerf on red was largely to do with:
Red wood wand - xping (we got a group bonus... should be a non issue now?)
Root net recharge - resists are largely fixed now, non issue imo
Conflag / kedge wand recharge - resists are largely fixed now, non issue imo

It was just very heavy handed to nail everything instead of just the problem items. I'm sure some additional conditional checks can be applied on red to check an itemid or whatever when applying recharge logic vs non recharge logic.

The trak tooth is unrelated. I agree with its charge being removed on pvp servers as this was a live change once players started abusing them/weren't using them for VP keys.

Remove recharging from both servers is the best option.

Daldaen
03-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Confirmed not classic to remove recharging from a PvE server.

Mallets, Puppet Strings and later Darkness Scepters and Fungus Beast Glands were constantly recharged, the later two having their buyback values set extremely high as a result, for PvE raiding purposes.

Red could definitely benefit from atleast one classic mechanic being implemented. Right now they just can't duck cast. So many unclassic mechanics like group XP, global OOC, PvP Text, no Item Loot, no item recharging, items with cast times that classicly were instant, extremely small population; just to name a few factors making red extremely unclassic.

May as well give them back just one, in item recharging, to help them relive the classic experience.

Akalakamelee
03-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Bring back classic item loot instead.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM

I support gamma correction and item loot. I played on RZ dog.

I also support enforced classic UIs which is sadly not possible.

Akalakamelee
03-25-2015, 02:49 PM
I support gamma correction and item loot. I played on RZ dog.

I also support enforced classic UIs which is sadly not possible.

I miss classic UI

Littlegyno 13.0
03-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I miss classic UI

Classic UI was so good.

It's a shame it's just not technically possible due to the client.

Item loot would be good but would have to start on a new server. There's alot of ideas available for post Velious development such as

1. Teams PVP
2. Item Loot PVP
3. New Blue server with normal timelime
4. Progression blue/red with rapid timeline according to achievements

Just alot of possibilities.

Nirgon
03-25-2015, 04:21 PM
o no a threat I hate those

Colgate
03-25-2015, 06:11 PM
root nets don't work on players

Colgate
03-25-2015, 09:26 PM
ya i think the only detrimental clicky that still works on players is a golem wand, but the casting time was nerfed to 4 seconds

Tune
03-25-2015, 10:30 PM
u really want recharging back in for golem wands?

Colgate
03-26-2015, 03:16 AM
set vendor buy price to 5k or something

problem solved

Tune
03-26-2015, 05:31 AM
set vendor buy price to 5k or something

problem solved

well that's not classic, and you support it.

u guys only preach classic when it's in your benefit its hilarious

Lasher
03-26-2015, 06:08 AM
I be ok with recharge golem wand

Colgate
03-26-2015, 06:23 AM
well that's not classic, and you support it.

u guys only preach classic when it's in your benefit its hilarious

i support changes that aren't technically "classic" if it fixes something that ruins PvP

i.e. making soulfires equip click only, removing the ability to fear players, removing the ability to charm players, etc.

krazyGlue
03-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Voted no . Recharging ruins Everquest . Just because it benefits you and your zerg doesn't mean it's good for the server

Littlegyno 13.0
03-26-2015, 08:21 AM
Once again people are completely ignorant as to what currently works in PVP and doesn't.

Currently the only PVP item that works in actual PVP is the golem wand which has a 4 second cast time.

Please explain how this is groundbreaking?

krazyGlue
03-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Holocaust has already proven that they will bind rush . With an unlimited amount of
Lockets what's stoping them from doing it once more

krazyGlue
03-26-2015, 08:16 PM
After recent accusations every post nirgon has ever made is now null and voide

Sektor
03-26-2015, 09:58 PM
After recent accusations every post nirgon has ever made is now null and voide