PDA

View Full Version : Warrior tank weapons

GSZ
01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm wonder which weapons I should be using to hold aggro as a warrior tank. Currently at level 37 and have access to the following:

Short sword of Ykesha
Sword of Skyfire
Lamentation

I could also buy a Crystaline Short sword, or a second Ykesha if dualweilding those would be best threat generation.

Thanks for any advise anybody can provide!

arsenalpow
01-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Ykesha proc is one of the best around for drawing and keeping aggro. Buy the rights to a scimitar of ykesha from someone killing the dark elves in Kith (better ratio than the normal SSoY) or invest in things like Sarnak Warhammer for the stun proc, silken whip of ensnaring, or you get a trollichs skean on the cheap from someone doing a renux kill in steamfont. Offhand procs aren't super reliable though so make sure your best threat weapon is in the primary.

Daldaen
01-23-2015, 10:40 AM
I would suggest trying to get a Scimitar of Ykesha.

Drops in Kithicor off a 50ish mob. It's 100% drop rate and rots a lot. Could maybe spend the plat you were going to spend on a crystalline short sword to pay a few level 60s to kill Adjutant for you. Or just be patient and hang around Kith and grab a rotting one for free from a group doing rogue epics or just DEs.

EDIT: Chest FTE'd this post from me. But a note about his suggestions, Skean, the snare whip and stun hammer both require 46-50 for procing. From 37-50, Ykesha weapons are your best bet.

GSZ
01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Awesome - thanks for the replies, gentlemen!