PDA

View Full Version : So conflicted on class choice

madhatta317
01-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Ran a Druid on live
Ran a bard on irreverent solo server
And possibly debating an enchanter on here.

How is the population of these 3 classes on the server. Plus opinions on the class?

I know the "play what you think is fun" answer. I think all 3 are fun I'm just curious of others' opinions!

fiveeauxfour
01-22-2015, 04:09 PM
play monk, you can solo dragons ez pz

Ele
01-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Druid, solo because groups don't want you, but will beg you for sow and ports.

Bard, groups will want you if you can play 3 or more songs. You can solo and be hated by groups. You'll probably get CTS.

Enchanter, groups want you, can solo/duo pretty well. Get to 55/56 and you can just live in Chardok for the rest of your days casting the same spells over and over.

All are popular classes. Bard and Enchanters are always welcome on raids, if that is something you want to do later. Druids are good utility, but aren't highly desired beyond sow and ports.

Crawdad
01-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Scores upon scores of all three classes.

Tons of Druids until you hit ~39, then it tapers off as most are just porters. Fun utility class, good for casual play since you can port and make noncommittal plat (ports).

Cat's out of the bag about Enchanters here-- I wouldn't be surprised if there were exponentially more Enchanters here than on live. Crazy fun class to play though, solo or raiding.

Bards are everywhere too, but good bards are still hard to come by. Don't AE kite unless you want to hear bitching..Well, you'll probably hear it just by being in certain zones.

Honestly all of them are great for casual players, if you're looking for a raiding character I would pick Bard though-- Ench's are boring in Kunark/Velious raids, and Druids aren't really in demand, but Bards get to do fun stuff anywhichwayaboutit.

madhatta317
01-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the tips! I think I'm gonna go Ench for now! New server, new experience, new class yeah? I'll see you all out there! Feel free to shoot me a tell in game!

Haiuss - Brand new level 1 High Elf Ench

Paleman
01-22-2015, 08:05 PM
play what you like to play? /shrug

webrunner5
01-23-2015, 02:01 PM

Smart person. Who wants to play a toon for hour upon hour you sort of like just to be "Popular". Heck even if you like a Ranger, play it. It is you doing the grunt work, not everyone else. It is suppose to be fun, not a race to the top to become the Prom Queen!! :eek:

Bristlebard
01-23-2015, 02:17 PM

Smart person. Who wants to play a toon for hour upon hour you sort of like just to be "Popular". Heck even if you like a Ranger, play it. It is you doing the grunt work, not everyone else. It is suppose to be fun, not a race to the top to become the Prom Queen!! :eek:

OP was like 40 words. Was that too long for you guys to read it?

I know the "play what you think is fun" answer. I think all 3 are fun I'm just curious of others' opinions!

Anyway. My two cents here is druid. Enchanters are awesome, bu they're late bloomers who are hard to master and who get harder to handle in Velious. Bards are versatile and strong but require you to be 110% on top of your game or else you run the rusk of being labelled one of the bards who AFKs playing mana regne. Druids are very versatile as well (snare, root, nukes, dots, heals, buffs, charm, harmony, sow, ports, they can control the weather!) and, honestly, people generally don't expect much out of them so when you do feel like being an all star, if you do it with a druid you'll really knock peoples' socks off!