PDA

View Full Version : Lets all move to Beta

heartbrand
01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Beta has been out almost for a year. Imagine if we all had just moved our guilds there and played on beta as if it was the live server? At this rate, I say we just move to Beta to experience Velious and treat it as the active p99 server. Who is with me?

Doors
01-22-2015, 11:26 AM
You have my axe.

lllinkk
01-22-2015, 11:26 AM
And my bow!

Lisset
01-22-2015, 11:46 AM
And my apathy!

myriverse
01-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Snow is evil.

Orruar
01-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Tried that, but peoples' pixel lust is too strong =x

Daldaen
01-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Not many quests left to test. Need an armor gem vendor gnome somewhere.

Tested a decent amount that I could solo but most everything else I want to test requires I box. And the gear on some of those beta buffs makes baby Jesus cry. Is that really the gear red players use? 5 CR bracers... Really?

heartbrand
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Not many quests left to test. Need an armor gem vendor gnome somewhere.

Tested a decent amount that I could solo but most everything else I want to test requires I box. And the gear on some of those beta buffs makes baby Jesus cry. Is that really the gear red players use? 5 CR bracers... Really?

I think the issue is there was no warning for when Rogean did the copy. The gear we wear when we are looking for open world pvp is different than we head to VP for pve. Most of the time we bank our pve gear because in pvp you try to keep bag slots to a minimum to have instant access to clickies. I know many of my good items on checkraise for pve were banked at the time he copied.

Rayzor84
01-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Good idea op.

Let me leave my char I could be advancing and play a beta char that will be wiped.

heartbrand
01-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Good idea op.

Let me leave my char I could be advancing and play a beta char that will be wiped.

point of thread was beta been out for almost a year already. that's a year of play time in velious you could've had. at this rate it might be another year.

Ele
01-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Good idea op.

Don't get to take your pixels with you when you quit.

Ravager
01-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Don't get to take your pixels with you when you quit.

Dammit!

Thatt
01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I'd definitely play full time on beta if it had access to classic/kunark zones, but last time I checked you had to stay in velious (or ro).

So why not beta buff and play just in velious? Because when velious was released I was low enough level that I didn't get to experience much of the content. Buffing straight to 60 now would be a huge spoiler for me personally. I did make a few levels in iceclad on beta, needed my next set of spells and couldn't buy them. Done with (voluntary) beta.

Thulack
01-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Good idea op.

You know your playing a toon that in 5-10 years is gonna be destroyed anyway right?

webrunner5
01-23-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't think Velious will ever come out on here. It has been on the Back Burner for years. Gave up holding my breath. :(

And I don't even like the Expansion to start with. One of my least favorites other than like 2 zones.

And it looks like I am not alone as to how few even play on the Beta Server. When they Force you to play on it like they did, that tells you something.

And Velious will be the same old crap that will take you a year or more to get any gear worth having unless you are in the top 2 or 3 Guilds, and play every day, and do the Bat Phone thingy. Yawn, even if ever it comes out. And that will be the end. Whop te Do.

Swish
01-23-2015, 04:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yUGZvy5.gif

Laugher
01-23-2015, 11:54 PM
You know your playing a toon that in 5-10 years is gonna be destroyed anyway right?

http://youtu.be/evYHeMRr19A

w1zard
01-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Beta has been out almost for a year. Imagine if we all had just moved our guilds there and played on beta as if it was the live server? At this rate, I say we just move to Beta to experience Velious and treat it as the active p99 server. Who is with me?

What's funny is this idea that the big raiding guilds could go to beta server now to play velious and experience the content but don't because of the knowledge that all of their progress will be lost someday. All of their progress will be lost someday on the main server too when it inevitably gets shut down. So they wait, killing the same targets over and over and over, amassing huge stockpiles of platinum and items, which will surely all one day poof too. Kind of hilarious when you think about it.