PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia!

Wolfshead Sky
09-21-2010, 09:18 PM
This is amazing! Was just turned onto this Project 1999 and am having a LOT of fun! Everquest was the first MMO my wife and I ever played. We started right after launch so we still remember the level cap being at 50, Rubicite armor being the armor of choice (before class armor), and GMs broadcasting everytime someone hit level 50.

Is it wrong to actually miss trains and camping spawns?? Back then I thought it was. Now I cackle gleefully at the prospect of doing either one.

So what did I do with this amazing blast to the past? Promptly at level 3, I took my Rogue and snuck him down to Lower Guk where a nice group let me loot the DE mask (after dying a few times and camping for hours!). Then I extracted the spell sound files from the game files and then sent the spell sound effect for casting a Druid port to my wife's cell phone so she could use it as a ringtone (she was a Druid back in the day).

And I am not ashamed of either action! :D

Having a blast! Thanks to all who are making this possible! And once our IP Exemption goes through, my wife and I will be able to play together and once again start sending naughty messages to each other.

Thanks again!!

Ingrum
09-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Welcome back to EverQuest!

Enjoy the long slow ride to 50 for the first time again. Trains still give me butterflies and there's certainly no shortage of them from Crushbone to Sol B!

Try to stay away from the Rants and Flames section until you're in a raiding guild. It can be a bit overwhelming for those who haven't been in an episode of Raids of our Lives.

Have fun!

Darkrainhunter
09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Crazy Rogue! :)

Ishio
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Care to share, said ringtone?

Wolfshead Sky
09-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Sure! It is attached to this post. I had to change it to an MP3 and then zip it so it would be small enough to be an attachment. If you'd like the regular WAV file, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Brund the Decrepit
09-23-2010, 01:48 AM
NICE! Another Rogue!
Now that you have the DE mask, start working on your Burning Rapier!

Welcome back and have fun.

Tseng
09-23-2010, 01:59 AM
NICE! Another Rogue!
Now that you have the DE mask, start working on your Burning Rapier!

Welcome back and have fun.

The line is there to separate your post and signature, BTW.

Brund the Decrepit
09-23-2010, 06:46 AM
The line is there to separate your post and signature, BTW.

I know, just being a goober.... ;)
I appreciate the post though.

Lagaidh
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Welcome back bud. We all share the feeling.

Watch out for the one thing we miss seeing when wearing rose-colored glasses: pricks. They're far and few between (in my limited experience yet), but they exist just like yesteryear.

Nazran
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
And once our IP Exemption goes through, my wife and I will be able to play together and once again start sending naughty messages to each other.

Are you in the same room when playing?

Wolfshead Sky
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Are you in the same room when playing?

Yes :D