PDA

View Full Version : Norrathian "Lifehacks"

Xer0
01-20-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm sure this has done before, but in my time here I've never seen it.

There's more than one way to do just about everything in EQ, what are some of the things you've picked up over the years that have made your life easier? I'm talking little silly practices that might only save you a couple seconds or couple extra clicks, but make life more bearable.

Something as simple as Ctrl+Clicking a stack of an item causes you to pick up 1 of whatever item you have stacked.

Shift+Click alllows you to purchase and sell without confirming the amount-- buy/sell full stacks of whatever the hell you want without having to verify the number. Make sure you're decent with math before you start doing this, I have gone broke a time or two while using this without really thinking.

Another neat one I have found is that when encumbered to to the point that you can barely move, strafing increases your movement speed slightly (or just plain allows you to move.. of course this is probably not a secret considering strafing is the only way 99% of min maxers get around amirite?)

I implore all of you, blow my(our) mind(s) with something so simple yet effective it will change the way we all play EQ

Paleman
01-20-2015, 11:38 AM
typing /ex gives you your life back

indiscriminate_hater
01-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Buy gems to save the weight of pp. Always have gems on hand for ports and in the bank for CR.

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Assisting while seated will not engage auto attack

It is not necessary to remain seated while meddling, only when the tick happens

F1 will toggle between self and pet if you have one

Hide breaks charm

That's all I got. Any minds blown? No? Di'n't think so ^^

Paleman
01-20-2015, 11:50 AM
typing /ass off will make it so you wont attack when using assist.

also if you are ninja, you can move while casting as long as you end up nearly in the exact same spot as where you started to cast.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 11:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/u51GDqW.gif

That was well done, took me a few minutes before Ir ealized what you meant, thought it was one of those "type /q to fix <insert generic problem>" trolls. Bravo.

Buy gems to save the weight of pp. Always have gems on hand for ports and in the bank for CR.
I know this is standard in Red, but is there a benefit to exchanging PP for gems in blue? Is the weight difference truly that good?

Whirled
01-20-2015, 12:00 PM
On a diff server(forget which) someone showed me how to drop into the waterfall in the Hole & survive. I felt like an olympic diver... I was a halfling ranger too =P
Obviously u need lev but once u get up top and run around to waterfall it's just loading please wait & the results of where u land, hehe.
Immersion was high that day.

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 12:00 PM
typing /ass off will make it so you wont attack when using assist.

also if you are ninja, you can move while casting as long as you end up nearly in the exact same spot as where you started to cast.

D:

Mind blown...

Xer0
01-20-2015, 12:06 PM
D:

Mind blown...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif

Swish
01-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Type /q to see which dragon is next how long your guild has to wait for it... ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/nT2BHPvnQmT4Y/giphy.gif

Cecily
01-20-2015, 12:18 PM
D:

Mind blown...

It's little things like that make reading the forums worth it. You learn something new, every 3 months or so.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 12:22 PM
It's little things like that make reading the forums worth it. You learn something new, every 3 months or so.

This guy gets it :D

captnamazing
01-20-2015, 01:18 PM
If you have a lot of items to sell to PCs, don't waste your time tunnel questing - throw that shit up into a WTS "my inventory" thread in EC Tunnel Forum and ask for PMs. You will make money while playing the game

Xer0
01-20-2015, 01:21 PM
If you have a lot of items to sell to PCs, don't waste your time tunnel questing - throw that shit up into a WTS "my inventory" thread in EC Tunnel Forum and ask for PMs. You will make money while playing the game

I may have to try this for my WTB list, love tunnelquesting, hate not leveling.

myriverse
01-20-2015, 01:51 PM
But does it take half your shit?

arsenalpow
01-20-2015, 02:21 PM
When you're dragging corpses target the corpse, do "/tt consent me asshole" instead of fully typing out a name, /telltarget is also useful when asking for buffs at raids. Same thing with /rt which targets the last person that sent you a tell which is helpful when buffing people.

Cecily
01-20-2015, 02:29 PM
I do the same thing, but I say please.

Blaza
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
I do the same thing, but I say please.

Now this thread is getting lively.

Juevento
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM

Back on live, in PvP fights I would start casting a long spell in a corner, run around to avoid melee and then get back to the corner when the spell finished. People would get so mad.

For dragging corpses, I bind a key for cycle through previous target. This way with that key and a /corpse hot button I am able to easily drag 2 corpses at once with out having to stop and retarget.

Cecily
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Bind ~ to target nearest NPC. Bind tab to cycle nearest NPC. Ignore your assist button, just pay attention to whats going on around you and hit the mob whose life is going down. You'll play better.

Make an assist button for when you can't find the right target immediately.

/assist tank name.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Bind ~ to target nearest NPC. Bind tab to cycle nearest NPC. Ignore your assist button, just pay attention to whats going on around you and hit the mob whose life is going down. You'll play better.

Make an assist button for when you can't find the right target immediately.

/assist tank name.

Aha! Beautiful! All this time I've been using Tab to target nearest, Capslock to Cycle. People always wonder why I'm yelling at them. Fix'd!

Juevento
01-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Calling bs on that. Caps lock doesn't work in game.

Paleman
01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
/tt = tell current target

/rt target person sending you a tell.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Calling bs on that. Caps lock doesn't work in game.

I didnt say elves wonder why I'm yelling all the time, I said people.

Meaning I alt tab out and message somebody via steam of facebook or whatever.

itt: dude being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. You must be fun at parties. (read: add something or shut up.)

Paleman
01-20-2015, 02:42 PM
type /mp3 to pump up the jamz

Xer0
01-20-2015, 02:44 PM

did not know this still worked, that's excellent. Funny enough I used this all the time back int he day and could NEVER remember the alt+(x) shortcut..

captnamazing
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM
/gems makes your mana come back faster

Paleman
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
anyone know if /copylayout works on p99? i havent tried it but if it does it can be used to copy a UI layout from one char to another.

Paleman
01-20-2015, 02:51 PM
wanna know if an anonymous person is guilded? target them and type /guildstatus to find out what guild they are part of and if they are a member/officer/ or leader of that guild.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 02:52 PM
anyone know if /copylayout works on p99? i havent tried it but if it does it can be used to copy a UI layout from one char to another.

iF IT DOES THIS IS SOMETHING i'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN

^ THE RESULT OF CAPS LOCK TO CYCLE NPC's. The struggle is real, regardless, of whether or not that douchey <BDA> fella thinks I'm making shit up.

Would the format for this be /copylayout <character>? and do you think if it works at all, it would work between separate accounts? All my toons are on separate accounts

The only way I know to do this is by actually copying the physical files from the directory. This is actually one of the things I hate most about eq. Every time I do a fresh install or start a new toon (Primarily fresh installs, which are required way more often than they should be imho) I have to take at least five minutes to change a bunch of settings that really don't actually matter, like the size and position of buff and chat windows, as well as filter options and such (could be OCD). A lot of the default colors are not even legible to me (most notably the dark purple and deep red)

And I get that it wont help on a fresh install because there's no non-default layout for it to copy, but still, would be infinitely useful for me.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM

IN addendum: if you have a large list of music you want to add, browse to the directory and type *.mp3

arsenalpow
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
If I do shift+up to retype something in chat multiple times (like spam raid instructions in guild) it will bug out my keyboard and lock itself into all caps. I usually have to mash shift a few times to get it to unbug.

arsenalpow
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
You can also go into the keyboard settings, select the all buttons on the drop down or whatever it's called and scroll to the bottom. There's an option to set a command for paste. Mine is ctrl+v. Works great.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
If I do shift+up to retype something in chat multiple times (like spam raid instructions in guild) it will bug out my keyboard and lock itself into all caps. I usually have to mash shift a few times to get it to unbug.

Are you holding shift and repeatedly pressing up or repeatedly pressing them all? Hitting any key I think 5-7 times activates something called Sticky Keys unless you explicitly disable this feature it will behave as if the key you've tapped several times is being constantly held down.

It's like turbo mode for your computer!

Paleman
01-20-2015, 03:16 PM
tell tips

- pressing tab after pressing r to reply will cycle to the person before the last person you sent a tell to.

-pressing shift tab will cycle the opposite way.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 03:16 PM
You can also go into the keyboard settings, select the all buttons on the drop down or whatever it's called and scroll to the bottom. There's an option to set a command for paste. Mine is ctrl+v. Works great.

You mean to paste from the windows clipboard? For me that windows shortcut has always worked in eq, of course only when the chat entry is at the focus.

Rararboker
01-20-2015, 03:18 PM
F1 will toggle between self and pet if you have one

F2, f3, f4, f5, f6 are used to target team mates, if you double tap them, and they have a pet, it will target the pet just like how f1 works for yourself.

Paleman
01-20-2015, 03:34 PM
press f8 if you want to assist. works great during raids :p

Tulnavara
01-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Used to work, haven't been able to play in months though. If you take your PP and put it in a trade window it removes the weight on it so you can freely move for a few seconds again.

Xer0
01-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Used to work, haven't been able to play in months though. If you take your PP and put it in a trade window it removes the weight on it so you can freely move for a few seconds again.

Can confirm. Someone put several hundred thousand PP in a trade for me the other day but did not hit accept :( I asked why and they explained that to be the reason

Paleman
01-20-2015, 03:50 PM
/note opens up a window that is a notepad for all chars. great if you want to save info on mobs, or track spawn times and so on.

Nefarum
01-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Here's one most people probably don't know:

If you are about to take an inter-zone res, you can cast one buff on yourself. The split second before the spell resolves, click to accept the res. You'll load into the new zone with res effects, plus the buff.

It works within the same zone too, you just need to make sure that you do /corpse first, don't move, and are standing exactly on your corpse before the cleric starts casting the res.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
wanna know if an anonymous person is guilded? target them and type /guildstatus to find out what guild they are part of and if they are a member/officer/ or leader of that guild.

/guildstatus <name> allows you to do it for anyone in the zone without targeting them.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-20-2015, 06:29 PM
On red if you manually toggle (using mouse) the sit/stand or spellbook button while casting it will not interrupt and you can med through long casts. Make sure to stand before spell goes off.

Bodybagger
01-20-2015, 07:34 PM
it amazes me how few people know to properly position mobs even in groups etc... put DPS'ers on back sides of mobs, not just rogues, but any melee dps, even pets when possible. Nevermind any special hacks.... just basic gameplay... jousting... agro swapping, offtanking... normal classic gaming

Paleman
01-20-2015, 08:37 PM
On red if you manually toggle (using mouse) the sit/stand or spellbook button while casting it will not interrupt and you can med through long casts. Make sure to stand before spell goes off.

classic ;)

Terdnado
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
I use macros for my bard for every spell slot. That way I only have to press the button once instead of twice to stop current song. Saves you lots of button mashing in the long run when twisting songs.

/stopsong
/cast #

I also like to make macros for toggling between sitting/standing

/stand
/cast #
/pause (however long cast time is plus an extra second or so)
/sit

And for pet

/assist tankname
/petattack

Lazy mode

Burrito
01-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Here's one most people probably don't know:

If you are about to take an inter-zone res, you can cast one buff on yourself. The split second before the spell resolves, click to accept the res. You'll load into the new zone with res effects, plus the buff.

It works within the same zone too, you just need to make sure that you do /corpse first, don't move, and are standing exactly on your corpse before the cleric starts casting the res.

I feel like a failure every time I don't manage to pull this off with clarity.

When you have your ui and character set up a satisfactory way email yourself the ui files as well as the character files. If your computer craps out, you're playing on a new computer, or freshly install it will all be easily accessible and you manage to keep most of your friends list especially if you constantly back up the files.

Burrito
01-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Has anyone found a way to play eq windowed and be able to run a program as admin?

When this happens my eq screen goes black and only returns if I fullscreen eq. I can then go back to windowed. The issue is sometimes this crashes the game.

Possibly eq play nice is a fix but I find it makes my game feel sluggish even if it is locked at a higher fps.

Xer0
01-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Has anyone found a way to play eq windowed and be able to run a program as admin?

When this happens my eq screen goes black and only returns if I fullscreen eq. I can then go back to windowed. The issue is sometimes this crashes the game.

Possibly eq play nice is a fix but I find it makes my game feel sluggish even if it is locked at a higher fps.

You simply have to change your UAC settings so they don't dim out your computer when it prompts you.

Move it to the second from the last security setting; it's not going to put you at any more risk, it's just that it wont grab your attention as easily by blacking everything else out, so they consider it a lower security setting.

Also, shift+enter to pop it into full screen and then shift+enter again to back out of full screen will often fix it, however toggling Fullscreen also causes crashes in my client, cannot speak for you on this matter though
Make User Account Control (UAC) Stop Blacking Out the Screen in Windows 7 or Vista (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/make-user-account-control-uac-stop-blacking-out-the-screen-in-windows-vista/)

Aleks.J
01-21-2015, 03:22 AM
Whenever i start my comp and go into P99 the java update always fucks it up. Freeze..

Borak
01-21-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm sure most people know this, but you can hold down the CTRL key when selecting single items for tradeskills. For example, if you're making arrows, you need to put an arrow point, arrow shaft, a groove nock, and a cut fletching into a fletching kit. When you select one of each from your stacks of items, just keep the CTRL key down while you click back and forth, and don't let go until all 4 items are in the fletching kit. That way you click CTRL once instead of four times - it adds up.

Oleris
01-21-2015, 05:49 AM
type /pizza to order from pizza hut. I do it about every 3 hours when I'm camping dragons.

Xer0
01-21-2015, 06:11 AM
type /pizza to order from pizza hut. I do it about every 3 hours when I'm camping dragons.
This always reminds me of the time Blizzard said for April 1st they were implementing /panda into WoW. Chinese food delivery from your computer!

Merekai
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM

This is also a source of major frustration for me as well, I pretty much just make sure to not be doing anything important in game if I think one of those run as admin prompts might come up.

Chev

Poosammich
01-21-2015, 10:12 AM
This is also a source of major frustration for me as well, I pretty much just make sure to not be doing anything important in game if I think one of those run as admin prompts might come up.

Chev

Not sure UAC is the culprit here, not trying to derail your lifehacks. But I have UAC off, and still suffer from the Black windowed screen.....

Now to contribute, though not much. When medding on my Necro I always like to be aware when a spawn or patrol has repopped. When medding I push the . key on my KB, thats Period key.... It will give you a camera view you can pan in/out, and a 360 degree view of where you are.. This also helps evil races bank, and vendor from behind, or through a wall.

Kagey
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Most people know about binding your sense heading skill to your Left and Right movements to incrase your skill.
Same can be done with click triggers. Bind your epic or clicks to a kick skill. Easy way to maintain your top buff spot for clicks

When replying tells you can cycle your tells easily by macroing the cycle. Mine is shift+tab.

Shift+up/down to jump through your typed messages. Same thing with Chest though where my keys lock up and I need to hit shift+space+enter at the same time to release it.

shift+k is music player

Dragging corpses with macro so you can drag 2 corpses at once, or lower your clicks by /tar Kagey's
/corpse
/pause 2
/corpse

Target cycle is a great tool also. Set mine to Tab and just watch for the flashing name. Still assist on raids however.

Kagey
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
When does /tgb on come into play. velious? (target group buff)

Pringles
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
When levitating, alt tab to another window when at the lowest "bob", and click back in at the peak - do this a few times to raise yourself up a bit. Helpful for going up ledges in HS or what not. If you cant easily time the "bobs" because they're too fast, adjust your max FPS down.

Another is fall damage. If you have a computer capable of running EQ at high FPS (nearly all of us should), set your max FPS slider to max before dropping - you can drop into the hole etc and take minimal fall damage. Not sure if there is a limit to how far you can fall before breaking your back this way.... Set max fps slider back after you drop.

Evac to zone in with shrink. I need to toy with this more, but if you are shrunk and camp out in a corner, then log back in - you often get punted back to the zones "safe spot" which is often at the zone in.

Enchanters (or anyone thats a gnome) can "gnome" their way through the hole entrance underwater gate / wall.

bktroost
01-21-2015, 01:56 PM
If you hold shift while typing raid commands in /shout or /guild people actually do them.

kaev
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
If you hold shift while typing raid commands in /shout or /guild people actually do them.

:rolleyes: :D

maskedmelon
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM

You mean shout in shout? ^^

Xer0
01-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Not sure UAC is the culprit here, not trying to derail your lifehacks. But I have UAC off, and still suffer from the Black windowed screen.....

Now to contribute, though not much. When medding on my Necro I always like to be aware when a spawn or patrol has repopped. When medding I push the . key on my KB, thats Period key.... It will give you a camera view you can pan in/out, and a 360 degree view of where you are.. This also helps evil races bank, and vendor from behind, or through a wall.

it was most certainly the culprit for me. You don't have to disable the UAC popup, just the dimming of the desktop. Sometimes things do still happen that cause it to go black, such as hitting ctrl+alt+delete, ever since they implemented that stupid halfway point between ctrl+alt+delete and task mgr.

Burrito
01-21-2015, 03:43 PM
it was most certainly the culprit for me. You don't have to disable the UAC popup, just the dimming of the desktop. Sometimes things do still happen that cause it to go black, such as hitting ctrl+alt+delete, ever since they implemented that stupid halfway point between ctrl+alt+delete and task mgr.

It's definitely working for me!

Droog007
01-21-2015, 05:08 PM
...someone showed me how to drop into the waterfall in the Hole & survive ... once u get up top and run around to waterfall...

Immersion was high that day.

I see what you did there!

tristantio
01-21-2015, 05:18 PM
"Shift + T" for the title edit screen is nice to do a quick behind the back view (and you can use mouse look to spin the camera in this view as well).

Then press "Shift + T" to go back to your last used view (I play in the third camera available after pressing f9 twice).

Tann
01-21-2015, 07:28 PM
handy for those that can forage, make macro:

/autoinventory

puts whatever is on cursor in inventory, stacks it for you if you already have some of it. played classes that could forage on live from kunark to PoP and didn't know this :(

Tann
01-21-2015, 07:30 PM
casting shrink on yourself twice lets you swim up waterfalls

Milton
01-21-2015, 07:47 PM

/autoinventory

puts whatever is on cursor in inventory, stacks it for you if you already have some of it. played classes that could forage on live from kunark to PoP and didn't know this :(

WHERE DO I SEND MY DONATION??

SCB
01-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Whenever i start my comp and go into P99 the java update always fucks it up. Freeze..

It isn't actually frozen. Alt+Enter (Shortcut to switch to Windowed Mode) will fix it.

skitterburst
01-21-2015, 08:28 PM
I know this is standard in Red, but is there a benefit to exchanging PP for gems in blue? Is the weight difference truly that good?

gems weigh next to nothing and can be worth up to 100pp and more.. imagine carrying 30kpp

nivikk
01-21-2015, 11:02 PM
using /rt or /tar in the EC tunnel and looking for a flashing name to find people

/ all = /who all. less keys

assign copy paste shortcuts in options

assign a open all bag and close all bag key

fastboy21
01-21-2015, 11:47 PM
drinking alcohol causes your mana pool to reach 100% faster. this is confirmed true.

Burrito
01-22-2015, 12:19 AM
When memming spells, you can click the spell then press the appropriate hotkey ie. if you have spell gem 1 bound to the number 1 key, you can click any spell, have the spell in your cursor then simply hit the number 1 key to mem it into the first gem slot.

Mentathiel
01-22-2015, 07:09 AM
drinking alcohol causes your mana pool to reach 100% faster. this is confirmed true.
That's not a good thing; alcohol shrinks your mana pool by debuffing your Int/Wis, which is why you reach 100% so much faster.

Drinking alcohol in Kelethin is the fastest way to practice your safe fall as long as you are not too drunk to get back onto the lifts.

fastboy21
01-22-2015, 07:20 PM
That's not a good thing; alcohol shrinks your mana pool by debuffing your Int/Wis, which is why you reach 100% so much faster.

Drinking alcohol in Kelethin is the fastest way to practice your safe fall as long as you are not too drunk to get back onto the lifts.

I didn't say it increased your mana pool or that it increased you mana/tick regen rate...but, it DOES cause you to get to full mana faster!!! drunken casters ftw. :D

Voland
01-22-2015, 08:14 PM

/stand
/cast #
/sit

Good tip! I think I'll set these up, since we now have to manually stand up to cast.

Paleman
01-22-2015, 09:23 PM
you play better when you are all potted up on liquor. confirmed true.

You gain invincibility if you play and use vicodin. Confirmed true by mqcuaid himself!

Xer0
01-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I didn't say it increased your mana pool or that it increased you mana/tick regen rate...but, it DOES cause you to get to full mana faster!!! drunken casters ftw. :D

And he specifically said that the reason it increases your mana regen rate is not a good thing.

fastboy21
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
And he specifically said that the reason it increases your mana regen rate is not a good thing.

uhm...how is being drunk not a good thing...i don't think you understand what eq is all about.

Xer0
01-23-2015, 08:24 AM
uhm...how is being drunk not a good thing...i don't think you understand what eq is all about.

Nah it's all about that shire weed

Duncon
01-23-2015, 10:51 AM

/autoinventory

This made my day.

Warmonger
01-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Macros... https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/macro-101.27806/

aamok
01-23-2015, 11:42 AM
halfling is also sufficiently small to fit into the hole without a key.

Jfertal
01-23-2015, 12:22 PM
/laugh

Paleman
01-23-2015, 12:35 PM
binding sense heading to a movement key will make you skill it up super fast. same goes for forage.

rubicaant
01-23-2015, 12:50 PM
I bind spells to numpad, and a instant click to 0 on numpad for GCD removal.
Alt+left click will bring up an items stat window.
If getting out of water is hard to do, lower your fps in the options.
If you heal, assist the mob to know who is needing a heal.
I bound 3rd person camera to ctrl z. And first person to z. Makes it easy to see what is around me quickly.
You can bank even if you're KOS as long as you're not in the bankers Line of sight. So in NFP just stay behind the wall as soon as you walk in bank and zoom camera out to right click Banker.

curtischoy
01-23-2015, 03:53 PM
I use hotkeys for all my spells. They go something like this.

/stand
/cast #
/pause #
/cast #

This way if you fizzle it will just cast the spell again. There is no down side if you do not fizzle (unless you really hate spam). You can do some tests with it and get the best # to put in the pause line so that it doesn't waste any time after a fizzle and casts almost immediately.

There is an easy way to bind keys to open and close all of your bags in your inventory (I don't remember it and I'm at work atm). I bind open all to '.' and close all to ',' It does not work for bags in the bank, however. With this you do not need to open your inventory to open your bags.

The enter bug: If you are holding a direction (or two directions) and hit 'enter' and then 'enter' again, it will autorun you in that direction. So you can autorun forward, backward, or in a circle. Hold up+right and hit enter twice and you will run in a clockwise circle. This can be great for afk leveling swimming in a safe area, but be sure to hold your head over water. It does not run in a perfect circle and you will move the center of your circle a little bit to the right each revolution.

If you are running away from mobs and you run downhill you will run faster than them, especially if you jump down the hill. This is not super useful but in hilly zones it can help a lot.

For CRs /tar and /cor work through walls and floors/ceilings if the corpse is not too far away. Easy example, if your buds corpse is in the TR in CB you don't have to go in the castle to get it. You could run around the outside and spam /tar. Once you get his corpse on target hit /cor. The range on /cor is longer than /tar so if you can target it, you can drag it. Also, if you were grouped when your bud died, you can click on his corpse in your group window. this allows you to just spam /cor and with its larger range this is more effective. There are many places in many dungeons that are physically very close to each other, but to actually get to the other spot is a trek. So if you can make it to the easier to get to spot, go there and drag through the wall. Another example I just remembered. I died in Dalnir on my monk a while ago at the very bottom by whats his face. I was able to go back and drag my corpse to the bottom floor to the drop down spot. I ran by whats his face and went through the teleporter and then dragged my corpse up from the basement to the 2nd floor. I then died again on the 2nd floor while dragging. I ran back and summoned both my corpses from the middle of the 1st floor through the floor and brought them both back to the ent for a rez.

If you can cast IVU on yourself you can spam click a cloudy potion and most of the time you can get both to stick giving yourself both invis and IVU. Just make sure to only cast one cloudy pot.

Manticmuse
01-23-2015, 04:25 PM
If you can cast IVU on yourself you can spam click a cloudy potion and most of the time you can get both to stick giving yourself both invis and IVU. Just make sure to only cast one cloudy pot.

Is this true?

maskedmelon
01-23-2015, 05:00 PM
When memming spells, you can click the spell then press the appropriate hotkey ie. if you have spell gem 1 bound to the number 1 key, you can click any spell, have the spell in your cursor then simply hit the number 1 key to mem it into the first gem slot.

That is shnazzy ^^

Xer0
01-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Is this true?

I would imagine so, the invis potions are instant cast and a similar mechanic allows Shadowknights to use CoS in conjunction with Feign Death to allow them to be invis/FD at the same time

Hailto
01-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Someone figure out how to remove the tiny lines that disrupt the screen when pkaying at native res in windowed mode and i will love you forever.

Mentathiel
01-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Someone figure out how to remove the tiny lines that disrupt the screen when pkaying at native res in windowed mode and i will love you forever.
https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming might not be perfect, but it's not far off in my opinion...

Hailto
01-23-2015, 07:42 PM
https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming might not be perfect, but it's not far off in my opinion...

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Nisse
01-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Ctrl + t targets last person who sent you a tell. Tab cycles through previous tells

Rustle Crowe
01-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Fun!

Xer0
01-23-2015, 09:13 PM

That works for you? I've attempted to use it but I got the same crash/error that I always eventually receive when playing in full screen mode.

Paleman
01-23-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.jaburt.com/eq/

awesome compendium for commands, not all work for p99 but still useful.

curtischoy
01-24-2015, 01:18 AM
You can rez your own toon without two boxing.

Toon 1 dies. Toon 2 is a cleric with epic. Clicky Toon 1's corpse and relog as quickly as possible. When you reload Toon 1 you should have the rez box. Accept and rejoice.

Disclaimer: I have never done this myself, however I have seen it done. I have been in a group with a bud that I grouped with religiously for months. His char died and he rezed him this way (He did this several times). I have NO idea if this will work for anything other than epic click. His toons were also on 2 diff accounts. I have NO idea if this will work for toons on the same account. But I have no reason to believe that it will not work in any scenario.

86753o9
01-24-2015, 02:33 AM
Shadowstep can be used to teleport down from heights without incurring fall damage.

Pringles
01-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Initial mob agro is capped. Eg: sham or ench pull with slow and tank can easily strip it from them since the initial agro slow won't cause much hate.

Corpse dragging ignores the Z axis. So in dungeons / sky etc as log as you are close enough in X and Y you are good.

There is a lava tube that goes under near efreeti camp in solb from near the entrance. So if you die on ledge area near efreeti you can easily drag out (ignoring the Z axis) without having to go back up the ramp.

Skipping stones are bugged so they will never leave your inventory when thrown. (Unlimited throwing ammo) - unless this was recently fixed?

Force pets to dual wield by giving them a cheap torch or other secondary vendor item. Light weight and only have to give them one to force dw.

/pet feign 2x is fun

In addition to reducing fall damage, playing (maxing I think) with your max fps slider can help you jump just a bit higher (jumping out of moats in cab etc)

Cecily
01-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Shadowstep can be used to teleport down from heights without incurring fall damage.

http://i.imgur.com/7ptFiWW.gif

Even though, I thought shadow step wouldn't change your Z-axis.

myriverse
01-24-2015, 12:24 PM
It allows down on the z-axis, just not up.

gnatch
01-24-2015, 03:39 PM

ctrl + shift + esc

Xer0
01-24-2015, 06:18 PM
ctrl + shift + esc
Is that the new shortcut to get directly to the task mgr? I just pin it to my taskbar

Burrito
01-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Is that the new shortcut to get directly to the task mgr? I just pin it to my taskbar

It's been the shortcut for a couple editions of windows.

Burrito
01-24-2015, 06:39 PM
When dragging multiple bodies, bind target last target. Target the bodies you want to drag and spam it with your corpse macro.

When dragging an entire group, set up a few macros like:

/target Burrito's
/pause 1
/corpse

/target Taco's
/pause 1
/corpse

/target Chalupas
/pause 1
/corpse

You won't be able to rapidly drag, but it will be easier on you.

Morbo the Annihilator
01-25-2015, 01:30 AM
all bankers can be used by anyone, regardless of faction.

get close to a KOS banker but stay out of their vision, use camera angles to get a visual on them to be able to click them.

freeport banker is a classic. there's a handy wall there to hide behind, and no roaming guards to disrupt you.

Troubled
01-25-2015, 05:03 AM

/autoinventory

I take it a little further and make it
/doability x
/pause 2
/autoinventory
in 1 macro, then I move it to the spot on the hotbar that's bound to A & D.

Detoxx
01-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Instead of typing /who all name, you can do / all name. Valuable time saved imo
Edit: already mentioned!

Xer0
01-25-2015, 06:29 AM
It's been the shortcut for a couple editions of windows.

I kept XP throught he vista era and only upgraded to 7 about a year ago :P

kaev
01-25-2015, 02:33 PM
I kept XP throught he vista era and only upgraded to 7 about a year ago :P

It is present in XP, I used it on this box that is still running XP.

Xer0
01-25-2015, 03:03 PM
It is present in XP, I used it on this box that is still running XP.
Now that you mention it I do recall it in xp, it never did that on my standard home edition or whatever it was called, I do remember using it on office computer in a call center however. Perhaps it was a feature that could be enabled or disabled then?

Also I realize saying I only switched off xp a year ago is a gross exaggeration; I just bought a copy of w7 about a year and a half ago but previously had used computers with it pre-installed.

planarity
01-25-2015, 03:48 PM

don't need to be at your corpse within zone, but this method makes it much much easier

planarity
01-25-2015, 03:53 PM
When levitating, alt tab to another window when at the lowest "bob", and click back in at the peak - do this a few times to raise yourself up a bit. Helpful for going up ledges in HS or what not. If you cant easily time the "bobs" because they're too fast, adjust your max FPS down.

Another is fall damage. If you have a computer capable of running EQ at high FPS (nearly all of us should), set your max FPS slider to max before dropping - you can drop into the hole etc and take minimal fall damage. Not sure if there is a limit to how far you can fall before breaking your back this way.... Set max fps slider back after you drop.

Is there any advantage to having the FPS set to anything below the max, aside from making lev trick easier?

Enchanters (or anyone thats a gnome) can "gnome" their way through the hole entrance underwater gate / wall.

Halflings can do this too

planarity
01-25-2015, 03:58 PM

awesome, learned something--thanks! just pressing alt+2 with spell on cursor let me mem in 2nd spell slot

Burrito
01-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Is there any advantage to having the FPS set to anything below the max, aside from making lev trick easier?

Turn rate is much higher at lower fps when right clicking unless you use something like wineq/eqplaynice

planarity
01-25-2015, 04:00 PM

/stand
/cast #
/sit

The problem with /pause is that once the pause command starts, you cant do anything else until it's over. So if you made one of these hotkeys to do a CH, and you decided to cancel it and do a remedy instead, you'd be stuck.

abazaba
01-26-2015, 08:44 AM
all bankers can be used by anyone, regardless of faction.

get close to a KOS banker but stay out of their vision, use camera angles to get a visual on them to be able to click them.

freeport banker is a classic. there's a handy wall there to hide behind, and no roaming guards to disrupt you.

OT outpost bank, the wall to the right of the door where the bankers are just inside. No need for LoS, just go first person and right click spam the wall till you hit a gnome banker and you're in. I think a lot of people know this one already though.

Calibretto
01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Sitting with your face in the wall right near the zone in @ Sirens Grotto and camping 2 times back to back will magically succor you to the other side of the zone.

Gooch
01-26-2015, 09:48 PM
http://www.sockbin.com/

Swish
01-29-2015, 08:38 AM
Did anyone mention strafe running yet?

Strafe running can save yo' ass if you don't have jboots yet... run and strafe at the same time, and most mobs can't hit you unless they have sow. Takes a minute or two to get used to but is great for people who have no speed bonus.

slappytwotoes
03-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Sitting with your face in the wall right near the zone in @ Sirens Grotto and camping 2 times back to back will magically succor you to the other side of the zone.

Confirmed in Beta, this doesn't work in P99. Have fun streaking thru Sirens!

guinness
03-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Did anyone mention strafe running yet?

Strafe running can save yo' ass if you don't have jboots yet... run and strafe at the same time, and most mobs can't hit you unless they have sow. Takes a minute or two to get used to but is great for people who have no speed bonus.

Many, many, many deaths prevented this way.