PDA

View Full Version : Undead Jester spawn rate / drop rate of IBC

Kaziel
01-20-2015, 10:41 AM
I've been at the spawn for TWENTY-FOUR hours now, continuous, no two hours here four hours there.

Two Jester spawns, zero IBC.
I've camped this dozens of times on live, this is NOT classic, the spawn rate is FAR FAR too low.
For comparison, I have never had this camp take more than four hours on live, and like I say I've done it dozens of time so I'm not talking out of my arse.

Swish
01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Some camps are different here to live, I spent a long time getting the spectral courier to pop on live... its far more frequent a sight here :p

Put a bug report in if you can find some solid prof that he isn't showing up enough.

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Outside of info shared I the live forums by Devs on a handful of select mobs, spawns here are reproduced based on player anecdote. If your classic experience differs substantially from this then seek out supporting posts etc. from fan sites circa 2000. I am sure you already know this, but on the off chance that you do not, keep in mind that spawns may have changed on live at any point in the past 15 years, so if your experience occurred at any point between it could have been the result of a patch at a point in time beyond which this server will progress. Best of luck !!!

myriverse
01-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Alla's has a post from Aug 2001 from a guy who camped for 5 days, and his friend camped for 3 days, and neither got it.

Another guy says after 5 spawns, he still has no club.

It certainly seems classic.

Iumuno
01-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I've been at the spawn for TWENTY-FOUR hours now, continuous, no two hours here four hours there.

Two Jester spawns, zero IBC.
I've camped this dozens of times on live, this is NOT classic, the spawn rate is FAR FAR too low.
For comparison, I have never had this camp take more than four hours on live, and like I say I've done it dozens of time so I'm not talking out of my arse.

On live in 2000 I did 16-20 there with a group of friend, and given that we weren't very good at the time and died a lot, I'd say we stayed there at least 25 hours. We saw 3 or 4 jesters (don't remember exactly, but not many), and a single IBC - that I remember clearly as this was a 5K item at the time, so a fortune at our level.

So your experience isn't so out of line

Bodybagger
01-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Sounds like the poop sock is nearing full capacity... probably best to take a break.

Kaziel
01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Maybe I've just been outrageously lucky on live then.

And it's eighteen mins between spawns so no socks required mate

Bodybagger
01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Fun question... how much does it cost and how fast could you earn lat if just farming lat instead of camping it?

Swish
01-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Fun question... how much does it cost and how fast could you earn lat if just farming lat instead of camping it?

Said everyone camping the AC in OOT, ever... :p

It's a gamble.

squarez
01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Just having bad luck, they drop all the time.

fastboy21
01-20-2015, 04:32 PM
no real reason to camp this item...its just a fun bonus of exp'ing there. they are very cheap in EC---just an fyi before you dump hours and hours into trying to get one to drop.

its one of the items whose rarity greatly exceeds its value.

Eldon
01-20-2015, 04:34 PM
I used to camp this all the time when I just started. On average I'd see about three per day.

Whirled
01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
I heard that on Red server, IBC comes looking for you.

Jimjam
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM

It's a good camp if you get xp off it. The alternate drop is a fine steel great sword and an alternate spawn (thick boned skeleton) drops all sorts of goodies including fine steel war hammers.

For the level it is a decent cash camp, decent xp camp and a decent item camp. Plus you will end up with a tonne of bone chips to sell or turn in for faction/xp.

Kaziel
01-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Oh I'm way past getting xp here, it was just sposed to be a way to spend an hour, but I got caught in the 'next mob' infinity loop

nearing thirty-six hours now

Kaziel
01-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Thirty Five hours, but it dropped, going to bed happy.

Swish
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
the 'next mob' infinity loop

https://xbradtc.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/skeleton-computer.jpg