PDA

View Full Version : Shaman/Monk Iksar duo; trying to raise Freeport Milita Faction

jake1234444
01-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Hello, my brother and I are duoing the above mentioned classes, and have been farming orc scalps for a while now. We will have farmed roughly 200 each at the time of this posting, and have turned enough in that the highpass guards are warmly. But for some reason the freeport milita is still threateningly to us. I want to ask any Iksar out there that have gotten dubious rep with the guards how they did it.:confused:

juxtadude
01-20-2015, 03:34 AM
Threatening is much better than scowling in the grand scheme of things. However, it's uncertain how much faction you get for turning in that quest. It could be the same as killing 1 mob of some faction grinds, which could mean hundreds more before you're not KoS. This old post has a lot of useful faction info for iksars: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95906

Also if you explained why you want Freeport Militia faction you might find more help.

Conky
01-20-2015, 05:18 AM
DF belts with wolf form a few dozens I believe for guards and whisker quest 160 times if you wanna bank and use vendors freely

kittendumpling
01-20-2015, 05:18 AM
Just level to a point where you can sow by em

Swish
01-20-2015, 05:22 AM
...if you wanna bank and use vendors freely

Don't forget for banking in some cities it's possible to bank from around the side of a wall, even if kos... as long as you can invis in and back out afterwards :)

Conky
01-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Yeah wall trick works well, I mainly did it so I could buy/sell easilly

webrunner5
01-20-2015, 08:57 AM
You are talking a Shitpot full of Scalps to do it solo without Wolf Form. Then screw up and kill a guard and whamoo, back to the beginning. Not worth it to me. :(

maskedmelon
01-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Then screw up and kill a guard and whamoo, back to the beginning.

How exactly does this happen? ^^

DrKvothe
01-20-2015, 01:02 PM
On my barb, I killed a ton of HHK guards. Frankly, with rivervale so close it doesn't bother me at all. Consider doing this quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandages_for_Honeybugger
to get your faction up high at Rivervale.

jake1234444
01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. The reason we want to be dubious with Freeport is so he can train with monks, and so that later I can bank and trade in EC(Don't like running back to HHK to Bank).

Are the Highpass Guards and The Freeport Militia that different in faction? We are warmly with the Highpass Guards, and are even kindly to The Merchants of Highpass. You would think that seeing as how for each scalp turn you get hit for the Freeport Militia, we would have hit the mark by now.

We might have to try the whisker, and bandages quest later on. We are trying to level while gaining faction for the most part, so we will be heading into Highpass to do goblin groups. Hopefully if we level up here while turning ears we should be dubious by the time we are around 30.

Again thanks for all the help guys, and if you anymore insight, please don't hesitate to reply, any and all information on this subject welcome.

Anxarcule
01-21-2015, 02:08 AM
If the reason you are raising faction is for the monk to be able to train - don't bother wasting time. I play a monk and duo with my brother who is a shaman (both iksar) and the shaman can invis the monk who can run into the second floor of the guildhall, sneak behind one of the trainers and train away.

Getting out may be tricky, but I find if you go back downstairs (merchants there con dubious) and haul ass back to the main gate you should be able to make it out no problem as long as you have SoW. Just instead of running directly past the gates past two high lvl guards, run up the stairs to the north side of the gate and jump off and zone/FD once you are away. Or alternatively let the shaman know when you are leaving and have him aggro the main gate guards and kite them to zone line so you can get out easily.

As far as banking that is a different story and I agree a PITA. I plan on working on Neriak faction with the red wine quest to be able to bank there freely, and I think if you kill guards in East FP it raises faction with NFP so you can bank. Might try that soon too, as I'm hauling around 80 peridots at the moment and would like to be able to actually bank.

Edit: Just re-read your post and I would suggest attacking HHK guards rather than being nice to them - they give great experience and loot, and you can still use merchants and bank even when they hate you. If you can pull the banker without Captain Bonson (nearly impossible but doable) or get a group to kill him you can bank with the banker while she is attacking you. Also, even though you kill their guards the merchants won't hate you so your monk can sneak behind and sell. Just watch out as they have some high level guys there who start to hate you and will sometimes aggro. Near the stairs downstairs to the bank is a lvl 60 who double smacked me for 325 a few times when I got too close to his door :)