PDA

View Full Version : New player saying hi!

gammet99
01-18-2015, 08:56 PM
I loved EQ back in the day. I played from just before Kunark until the Dragons of Norrath xpac, but all of my best memories are from Kunark-Velious.
I want to thank the staff for putting this together and keeping it going.

So I started an Iksar Necro. The one thing I never did on live was play an iksar and I'd like to experience some of the low-mid level Kunark zones. Love it so far, even the naked CR's.....oh that brings back memories. I managed to get to lvl 8 in just a couple of days.

So i'm new and don't have anything. There was a nice person that gave me a gem to sell and it helped me buy all of my 1-8 lvl spells. In the meantime i've managed to save up 200 bone chips(which i'm probably keeping) and 240 spider silk. Do the spider silks pay well? I'd like to make sure I can keep buying my spells as I level up.

Also knowing that I want to stay in Kunark for the next 20 or so levels whats a good path to follow? If I remember it's FoB and kurns until 20ish, then LOIO and WW?

Thank for any advice you guys can give!

Clark
01-19-2015, 05:56 AM
LOIO, WW, OT, and FM are pretty good choices for kunark zones. Welcome to the server!

Herpa Derp
01-19-2015, 05:58 AM
If you ever need words or spells researched send a tell to Necrophobia. I'm still in a good amount of cloth but if I get any extra gear I'll head your way.

Messianic
01-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Sounds like you've got a good handle on things. Keep the silks, sell them in EC when you get a chance to go that way.

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Hello there Gamms and welcome to the boards! ^^

gammet99
01-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the advice all!
I'll stay in Kunark for awhile, hitting up Kurns, LOIO, and WW up til about 30, but then I think i'll head to HHK just because I always wanted to kill those guys on live :) which means i'll eventually be killing Freeport guards....... sounds fun to be so evil lol.

Yeah i'll hold on to all the silks. I've got almost 300 now!

I did a lot of research last night and there are lots of good posts on these boards about leveling paths and the wiki is excellent. I'm very impressed with how much the fan base has helped to make this game fun like the old days and have lots of info!

Is necro gear fairly cheap on the server? I found a link to an auction tracker, but it just showed what people were auctioning off in EC, is there a database with average prices on items? I'll need to start getting some int/mana/health gear once i get out of my teens i'm sure.

Thanks again!

webrunner5
01-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Hello there Gamms and welcome to the boards! ^^

I second that! :D

Nuggie
01-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Welcome aboard.

Int gear is fairly cheap. Getting cheaper by the day as more of it hits the market.

gammet99
01-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Got a port and sitting in EC trying to sell some chips and silks. Daddy wants some mana! lol.
I forgot how crazy auc spam is!

Swish
01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
I think i'll head to HHK just because I always wanted to kill those guys on live :) which means i'll eventually be killing Freeport guards....... sounds fun to be so evil lol.

It's great, knowing that everyone hates you anyway opens up a lot of mobs for the slaughter ;)

Clark
01-21-2015, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the advice all!
I'll stay in Kunark for awhile, hitting up Kurns, LOIO, and WW up til about 30, but then I think i'll head to HHK just because I always wanted to kill those guys on live :) which means i'll eventually be killing Freeport guards....... sounds fun to be so evil lol.

Yeah i'll hold on to all the silks. I've got almost 300 now!

I did a lot of research last night and there are lots of good posts on these boards about leveling paths and the wiki is excellent. I'm very impressed with how much the fan base has helped to make this game fun like the old days and have lots of info!

Is necro gear fairly cheap on the server? I found a link to an auction tracker, but it just showed what people were auctioning off in EC, is there a database with average prices on items? I'll need to start getting some int/mana/health gear once i get out of my teens i'm sure.

Thanks again!

Highkeep guards are AMAZING xp 29-41. I'd suggest Feerrott spectres 39-47 as well. Noobie zone xp bonus + 7minute repop timer with about 8 separate spawns. Extremely chill spot.

WFP Guards 39-50ish is also very good spot to xp; noobie zone xp bonus as well.

gammet99
01-21-2015, 08:25 AM
all these tips on guards to kill...... I love it!