PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Goobles
01-18-2015, 02:22 PM
I remember watching people play this tabletop game when I was a kid. This game seems like it will be like Planetside 2. Any thoughts?

Nihilist_santa
01-18-2015, 03:47 PM
40k is the sport of kings!

Burrito
01-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Keeping my eye on it- but it has a long way to go. I had fun playing Space Marine- and a ton of the initial assets were ripped. Going to be interesting to see how they MMOafy it- without making it terrible.

FoxxHound
01-18-2015, 11:39 PM
I have a Necron army, and I often play my friends Chaos Demons. I am more interested in Fantasy than 40k.

Swish
01-19-2015, 10:40 AM

Not quite, you just need a King's bank balance to purchase a tiny box of plastic models.

Would probably play if they made it affordable.

Burrito
01-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I remember reading about pricing- and that free to play players need to play as ork fodder. Being a bad as a work sometimes is more appealing than being a spehss marine tho.

Halius
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Never played the online version of this but I always wanted to try it out. I loved playing the tabletop game back in high school. Had an army of Dark Eldar with Drazhar leading the charge. I remember taking down my buddies Land Raider with just Drazhar and him being pissed. Dude was a beast.

http://www.miniaturepainters.com/_var/gfx/603eaec80dbaae42a657f2b746b91cc9.jpg

Nihilist_santa
01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Not quite, you just need a King's bank balance to purchase a tiny box of plastic models.

Would probably play if they made it affordable.

Completely agree Swish. I was more about the models than the game myself. I used to buy the models and paint them up then sell or trade them with people. Have made some pretty sweet trades for original artwork from some of my favorite modern artist. They have some massive conventions and tourneys in my state which is like a hub for basement dwelling neckbeards apparently :P

Nihilist_santa
01-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Have they revamped any of the small man skirmish game stuff like Necromunda? God I miss that one. Ive been out of the loop last few years and White Dwarf issues being $10.00 is insane for a mag that doesn't feature tits and penetration.

Erasong
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
I used to work conventions all over the country and got a huge discount on armies. Had a full point spread of space marines, eldar, and tyranids. Hope this game doesnt ruin 40k for me.

Tulnavara
01-20-2015, 05:20 PM

Blood Bowl is the sport of kings.

Buellen
01-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Their is a PC version of Bloodbowl which is not have bad just time consuming.

40k is a lot o fun still i play 1 month with a friend for the past 2 years. Darkeldar vs Necrons .

Yes is pricy to get into especially vehicles. If you looking to get into game always look for the box sets with rules that come out and buy them with a friend and split the models. yOu can try to find the 6th edition one which was Space marines and Chaos was an excellent starter box.

triad
01-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Am i the only person who really enjoyed WO? .. Sure they should have finished making the game before launching it but i had a ton of fun playing that game for the first few months.( I blame the preorder culture )

Burrito
01-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Am i the only person who really enjoyed WO? .. Sure they should have finished making the game before launching it but i had a ton of fun playing that game for the first few months.( I blame the preorder culture )

I'm really sad that the only WO emulated server shut down. If it was still up I probably wouldn't be playing p1999 as much as I have.

triad
01-20-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm really sad that the only WO emulated server shut down. If it was still up I probably wouldn't be playing p1999 as much as I have.

lol TBH i had no idea they even made one .. i logged in right after they put ...the missing classes in .. but havnt really looked into anything past that .. id play though

edit: wow didnt even realized they shut it down... too much hype forced them to push out an unfinished product... its sad

Airdefier
01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I play warhammer fantasy in real life im keeping my eye on this as well

FoxxHound
01-21-2015, 11:50 AM

I enjoyed some things about it, but that's because DAoC was my favorite MMO. There were a few things that pissed me off though >.<