PDA

View Full Version : Camp rules

Swish
01-14-2015, 07:26 AM
Hey pals, I don't often camp spawns but wondered if there was a cast iron rule on how they operate.

If you approach a camp and someone is there, and they tell you "Soandso" is after me but he's on his L10 alt, is it the level 10s main's camp when the current camper is finished with it?

If so, and if I was to add myself to the list, do I trust the integrity of that L10 to tell me when its available after he's finished?

I had a feeling the current camper can hand it over to whoever he wants after he's done regardless of who's sat at the camp, but wanted to ask the good folks here just to be sure :)

quido
01-14-2015, 07:34 AM
If you want something... TAKE IT

Swish
01-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Gotta be "nice" on the blue server!

If it all goes badly I'll start a RNF...

myriverse
01-14-2015, 07:38 AM
If you're on Red, yeah, take it.
If not, then you need to make a deal with that L10 guy.

khandman
01-14-2015, 08:03 AM
http://zinemaniacos.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/grace-jones-schwarzenegger-pb-mai-conan-196127562.jpg

Grab him, and take him. :)

azeth
01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
they tell you "Soandso" is after me but he's on his L10 alt

dear god, please dont tell me p99 ruled that this is acceptable?

if you arent there, and not afk, its not yours.

Swish
01-14-2015, 08:49 AM

I hope not too, but I had a feeling the camper could hand over to whoever they wanted to after they were finished irrespective of who is sat there waiting.

Rhambuk
01-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Been out of it for a while but last i knew there were only a few camps with an actualy list rule, like the HS key mob in loio.

As far as open world camps im not sure, technically its that guys camp and if he wants to pass it on he can? i think thats where the list rule for hs key mob came into place people only handing it off to friends or something, but if you really want it you can sit there until hes done and in the time that the other guy is getting there you can just take it.

unless the first guy waits for the second to get there...

Cecily
01-14-2015, 09:50 AM
I hope not too, but I had a feeling the camper could hand over to whoever they wanted to after they were finished irrespective of who is sat there waiting.

Essentially, yes Swish. Have you considered red? The catch is that you and ask who is next in line and if they don't have someone in mind then and there, you can force yourself onto the list. So abuse that every chance you get it. Ill conceived rule is dumb and tbh I would just pass camps to whoever waits with me.

Bristlebard
01-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Last I knew, whoever has a camp currently can choose who to pass it off to. I assume if they leave and the next person isn't there yet, then it's an open camp for whoever claims it first. The first person could just stay at the camp deleting one lore drop after another if he wanted to, right? The first person could just invite the next guy he wants to a group and then afk while that guy kills spawns, right? Dick moves maybe, but I can't imagine how they could be disallowed. So why wouldn't he be allowed to pick the next person to take over the camp?

It's not like you can make an anti-neckbeard/anti-poopsock/whatever argument in favor of list method. List method = people sitting in a line for indefinite amounts of time in hopes of getting a camp before they have to leave. Compared to pass-off method where having ingame friends and being nice to the current camper is rewarded.

myriverse
01-14-2015, 10:00 AM

It's always been acceptable. So long as you're there when time comes to change.

Kreylyn
01-14-2015, 10:21 AM
The very recent clarifications states this is how it works (I'm making it simple)...

At any place someone is camping a mob you want. You ask the current camper who is next, he can give 1 name, any name he chooses. It's totally up to him who he wants to pass it off too. (there is no "list"... it's just one name.)

When he leaves, that one name is the only person who can claim it before you. Does not matter where/what they were doing before. (online, offline, on an alt, what ever). As long as they arrive to claim the camp when the camper is leaving. If they can't/don't claim it... it's yours. The camper can not now change the name to someone else because the person they originally named does not show up or can't claim the camp.

Current camper can not have more than 1 name. Current camper can not change the name. Current camper can not refuse to name a name. If the current camper does not have a name, then your auto default the next on list.

This is enforced first by conversation with the camper, then by GM involvement if they refuse to cooperate.

Again, no list... so if your arrive and 5 people are there waiting for the camp, and the camper passes the camp to another person not there, the new camper may now choose to advise you all ... who THEY picked as the next name. That person does not even need to be there until the camp is being turned over. There is no list.

Repetition in that to try and reduce the "well what if super specific scenario happens, then wha?"...

Krey

maskedmelon
01-14-2015, 10:40 AM
I am unaware if a rule for passing camps, but the rule governing camps in general states that a player maintain a presence at or near the camp while keeping placeholders clear. Since groups are fluid, nothing would preclude the passing of camps like this provided that the successor arrives at the camp to join the camper prior to her departure. If that doesn't happen and another player is there when the first camper departs, then it passes to whomever is there. If nobody is there then it is up for grabs.

I don't really see anything wrong with this because as stated it does encourage cooperation while combatting socking to a degree. If you have the option of waiting and doing nothing vs. having doing something you enjoy while waiting, why would you choose the former? The one reSon that comes to mind is of course the chance that the camper will not notify the alt when he has finished. /shrug

Pikrib
01-14-2015, 10:42 AM
The very recent clarifications states this is how it works (I'm making it simple)...

At any place someone is camping a mob you want. You ask the current camper who is next, he can give 1 name, any name he chooses. It's totally up to him who he wants to pass it off too. (there is no "list"... it's just one name.)

When he leaves, that one name is the only person who can claim it before you. Does not matter where/what they were doing before. (online, offline, on an alt, what ever). As long as they arrive to claim the camp when the camper is leaving. If they can't/don't claim it... it's yours. The camper can not now change the name to someone else because the person they originally named does not show up or can't claim the camp.

Current camper can not have more than 1 name. Current camper can not change the name. Current camper can not refuse to name a name. If the current camper does not have a name, then your auto default the next on list.

This is enforced first by conversation with the camper, then by GM involvement if they refuse to cooperate.

Again, no list... so if your arrive and 5 people are there waiting for the camp, and the camper passes the camp to another person not there, the new camper may now choose to advise you all ... who THEY picked as the next name. That person does not even need to be there until the camp is being turned over. There is no list.

Repetition in that to try and reduce the "well what if super specific scenario happens, then wha?"...

Krey

Swish you should just stay on red and not deal with any of this.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/204b3875e3a70542f28990422ba5aa3d/tumblr_mzhq1bW8iE1rytq2do2_500.gif

Whirled
01-14-2015, 10:47 AM
I've traded off camps to many people with no issues.
Playing a game should fun ... not a pixel dispute.

Cecily
01-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Swish you should just stay on red and not deal with any of this.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/204b3875e3a70542f28990422ba5aa3d/tumblr_mzhq1bW8iE1rytq2do2_500.gif

I understand some people on red like you. However, after seeing your anti-holocaust propaganda one week and seeing you join them the following week (LOL @ plz don't come after me IRL Az post), I don't think you're qualified to give advice to anyone.

Pikrib
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
I understand some people on red like you. However, after seeing your anti-holocaust propaganda one week and seeing you join them the following week (LOL @ plz don't come after me IRL Az post), I don't think you're qualified to give advice to anyone.

If you do roll red make sure to not take the forums too seriously. It is just trash talk, common in most other PvP games or IRL sports. I'm pals with these people even if they are on the other elf team.

It is just part of the fun of playing on red. Enjoy it.

Kreylyn
01-14-2015, 11:17 AM
I am unaware if a rule for passing camps, but the rule governing camps in general states that a player maintain a presence at or near the camp while keeping placeholders clear. Since groups are fluid, nothing would preclude the passing of camps like this provided that the successor arrives at the camp to join the camper prior to her departure. If that doesn't happen and another player is there when the first camper departs, then it passes to whomever is there. If nobody is there then it is up for grabs.

I don't really see anything wrong with this because as stated it does encourage cooperation while combatting socking to a degree. If you have the option of waiting and doing nothing vs. having doing something you enjoy while waiting, why would you choose the former? The one reSon that comes to mind is of course the chance that the camper will not notify the alt when he has finished. /shrug

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1652719&postcount=9

Krey

maskedmelon
01-14-2015, 11:43 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1652719&postcount=9

Krey

Oh thank you! It is good to see consistency from the CSR staff ^^

Swish
01-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Essentially, yes Swish. Have you considered red? The catch is that you and ask who is next in line and if they don't have someone in mind then and there, you can force yourself onto the list. So abuse that every chance you get it. Ill conceived rule is dumb and tbh I would just pass camps to whoever waits with me.

Red certainly solves a lot of these issues.

myriverse
01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Red certainly solves a lot of these issues.
This was just a backdoor Red Ad all along, wuddenit?:rolleyes:

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Nice long game, Swish

Pikrib
01-14-2015, 12:35 PM

http://www.monarchwebsites.com/wp-content/uploads/dr-evil.jpg

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-14-2015, 12:41 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58074838.jpg

Swish
01-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Nice long game, Swish

https://31.media.tumblr.com/226731f953da2a264f5c2273fc66e64c/tumblr_inline_ng7hlpurVj1rt5uaz.gif

Fame
01-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Just roll on red pal =D

skipdog
01-14-2015, 07:16 PM
While I'm fine with the constant red recruitment posts, it'd be great if we had a simple rule that said 'No Trolling with 'U CAN JUST KILL THEM ON RED' posts'.

I don't understand why that would be so out of line.

iruinedyourday
01-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Hey pals, I don't often camp spawns but wondered if there was a cast iron rule on how they operate.

If you approach a camp and someone is there, and they tell you "Soandso" is after me but he's on his L10 alt, is it the level 10s main's camp when the current camper is finished with it?

If so, and if I was to add myself to the list, do I trust the integrity of that L10 to tell me when its available after he's finished?

I had a feeling the current camper can hand it over to whoever he wants after he's done regardless of who's sat at the camp, but wanted to ask the good folks here just to be sure :)

In this situation, if you decide to wait at the camp for the current person to loot the item they are after, once obtained by the current camper, if the level 10 alt is not there to take over at a reasonable amount of time (like lets say its the AC - if he isnt there in 6 minuets to kill the next PH) then the camp is yours, IF you stayed waiting physically at the camp.

If say you are at tranix, and the level 10 guy doesn't come for 6 hours but you've been there waiting, you are probably going to be the one awarded the camp by a GM should you petition.

The PnP says all this in detail.

*edit* after seeing this post:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/226731f953da2a264f5c2273fc66e64c/tumblr_inline_ng7hlpurVj1rt5uaz.gif

gdi swish!!! on blue sitting at tranix for 8 hours and not getting PK'ed while you're soloing like a boss, is more fun than getting PK'd after sitting there for 8 hours, just sayn! pras pras pras pras praSHUTUP

:P

Xer0
01-14-2015, 07:55 PM

Except it doesn't at all solve them, because the individual has to be within 4 levels to initiate PVP and if they are not flagged for PVP general PNP rules apply. Not only that but whoever has the better gear will win the fight every time, so it's basically "whoever has played more p99" gets their way :p

Swish
01-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Except it doesn't at all solve them, because the individual has to be within 4 levels to initiate PVP and if they are not flagged for PVP general PNP rules apply. Not only that but whoever has the better gear will win the fight every time, so it's basically "whoever has played more p99" gets their way :p

Take Chewie as an example on red (RIP in peace), he had (I think) 3 SKs in Lower Guk and guaranteed you were in range to one of them if you were in Lower Guk XP range ;)

When I first rolled on red a couple of years back that was the one zone I genuinely wanted to keep clear of because I knew I couldn't beat him...and before anyone goes nuts and thinks that's a common occurrence having multiple characters parked, it isn't.

Swish
01-14-2015, 08:09 PM
gdi swish!!! on blue sitting at tranix for 8 hours and not getting PK'ed while you're soloing like a boss, is more fun than getting PK'd after sitting there for 8 hours, just sayn! pras pras pras pras praSHUTUP

:P

But to lock that camp down on red and keep it yours? Priceless and a challenge.

Jaxon
01-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Playing red so you can avoid dealing with the blue camp rules is like sawing off your head to cure a headache.

Swish
01-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Playing red so you can avoid dealing with the blue camp rules is like sawing off your head to cure a headache.

The availability is better though. Who wants to be 5th in the OOT AC queue when he doesn't appear for 12+ hours sometimes?

Ravager
01-25-2015, 11:53 AM
The availability is better though. Who wants to be 5th in the OOT AC queue when he doesn't appear for 12+ hours sometimes?

Who wants to camp for 12 hours and risk getting ganked at the last minute? Pick your poison.

Thulack
01-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Who wants to camp for 12 hours and risk getting ganked at the last minute? Pick your poison.

Exactly.

Swish
01-25-2015, 12:24 PM

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/doesnt-make-sense.gif

There seems to be some assuming that you're going to die in pvp 100% of the time, like there's nothing you can do about it and you're completely defenceless.

People would rather wait over 24 hours in line for an AC ring (then sitting on it for 12 hours) than risk a pvp death? Think about that.

Xer0
01-25-2015, 01:07 PM
http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/doesnt-make-sense.gif

There seems to be some assuming that you're going to die in pvp 100% of the time, like there's nothing you can do about it and you're completely defenceless.

People would rather wait over 24 hours in line for an AC ring (then sitting on it for 12 hours) than risk a pvp death? Think about that.

Except when pvp death occurs you can rest assured you aren't getting ring. So there's never any guarantee the camp is yours. Waiting your turn for a camp sounds pretty classic

No one wants to, but people want jboots/jboots mq so it's a necessary evil. Who wants to wait x hours to be killed by some dick in a full raid gear who's just going to sell it for the 15th time cause he's saving for a second fungi

Swish
01-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Who wants to wait x hours to be killed by some dick in a full raid gear who's just going to sell it for the 15th time cause he's saving for a second fungi

You think raid gear is unachievable on red? Gearing on red is important, join a guild and get some. Think carefully which one though as there's only 10 active players on there ;)

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, adjust your mentality a little and you're more likely to succeed.

Anyone would think you're camping something in rags on blue the way you're putting it across :p