PDA

View Full Version : Druid Mechanics

MirrorSmoke
01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Just as a reference, I started playing just after Kunark came out, but I didn't start a druid until just after Luclin.

I am curious about mechanics. When I played my druid, I remember snare/ensnare stacking with root, so when root broke my mobs would still be snared. However, on P99 the two do not. Was this a later expansion, or perhaps after Velious? The only reason I ask is I spent alot of time in Velious on my druid, but in a later era than classic and was wondering :)

Another mechanic, which I suppose is more graphical than mechanical, I am curious about is Wolf Form. Did the sitting wolf graphic come out when Luclin graphics came out?

webrunner5
01-13-2015, 01:40 PM
I avoid Wolf form with a passion on here because it is REALLY hard to tell if you are medding or not. :eek: And it breaks when you zone so other than helping some Evil race run past the Guards I never use it. Not counting get tired of the yelping crap when you get hit lol. :D

snare/ensnare do not stack on here yet.

Ele
01-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Just as a reference, I started playing just after Kunark came out, but I didn't start a druid until just after Luclin.

I am curious about mechanics. When I played my druid, I remember snare/ensnare stacking with root, so when root broke my mobs would still be snared. However, on P99 the two do not. Was this a later expansion, or perhaps after Velious? The only reason I ask is I spent alot of time in Velious on my druid, but in a later era than classic and was wondering :)

Another mechanic, which I suppose is more graphical than mechanical, I am curious about is Wolf Form. Did the sitting wolf graphic come out when Luclin graphics came out?

Root/Snare will stack a few months into Velious.

Sitting wolf graphic is available with Luclin models, if you dare submit to that heresy.

MirrorSmoke
01-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh no Luclin models here! Never that!

Sitting wolf graphic is available with Luclin models, if you dare submit to that heresy.

Bristlebard
01-13-2015, 02:19 PM
if you dare submit to that heresy.

Don't do it! Just look to see if your sit hotkey says "sit" or "stand" instead :)

MirrorSmoke
01-13-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't even think to look there :p I just try to back up. If I move, I wasn't sitting :D

kaev
01-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I don't even think to look there :p I just try to back up. If I move, I wasn't sitting :D

Works great until you realize that you've been LOM for the last 8 mins because you're standing with your back against a wall. ;)

maskedmelon
01-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Don't do it! Just look to see if your sit hotkey says "sit" or "stand" instead :)

This is what I do. On topic though, root/snare stacking will be added with velious.

Jontheripper
01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Works great until you realize that you've been LOM for the last 8 mins because you're standing with your back against a wall. ;)

You noobs dont play on something other than first person do you? I prefer it, it makes sitting faster.

kaev
01-13-2015, 03:36 PM
You noobs dont play on something other than first person do you? I prefer it, it makes sitting faster.

I don't think that word means what you think it does, although your ignorance of game mechanics suggests that it might well apply to yourself (hint: the sit/stand animations are pure eye-candy and have zero effect on actual gameplay.)

I play whatever view is most fun. Third person & particles off for raids because it's easier to keep up with the snark in /gu when I can see my surroundings at a glance, first person & sparklies most other times because :immersion: is 100x more cool than you appear able to imagine.

maskedmelon
01-13-2015, 03:43 PM

I play in 1.25 person so I can see my helmet.

fadetree
01-13-2015, 04:23 PM
I play in multiple persons. No, I don't box, but I am schizophrenic.